How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2007
Rebaptising my badness

^Beautiful bottle!

13-10-2007
V.I.P.

i love rock&rose the smell is grate i heard that some people say smells like laundry but to me it actually doesnt or maybe its because it doesnt smell like laundry on me!but over all its amazing perfume. i also love d&g light blue works so well with my chemstry, it makes perfumes stronger than what they are so i dont use strong perfumes usually but i have to say light blue is amazing. how's marc jacob's daisy? i so want to get it

trendsetter

Today my mom bought me The One by Dolce & Gabanna and I was soo happy cause just recently I smelled it for first time and I really liked it, and veryyyy rarely I like perfumes right away and I was obsessing about it.
I never thought I'd like it thogh before I smelled it cause first the color of it and the bottle make it look like a strong perfume and Gisele was the face if it whom i don't like at all lol and it's Dolce & Gabanna so I thought it would have nasty strong smell like Chanel #5 type of perfume, but it's quite the opposite

I smelled also the new Hugo Boss one Femme and i don't remmeber how it smelled, but it wasn't bad.

And also I thought I'd like the new "Elle" by YSL cause I was in love with the ad and the commercial, but ofcourse you can judge by that so I didn't like it at all it was kind of strong, so I was dissappointed.

Last edited by Betty_B; 13-10-2007 at 10:52 PM.
13-10-2007
V.I.P.

i love the one and true seems like a strong perfume when u look at it i adore it though its a really good perfume

front row

excellent thread! <subscribing to return & post later>

15-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_B View Post
And also I thought I'd like the new "Elle" by YSL cause I was in love with the ad and the commercial, but ofcourse you can judge by that so I didn't like it at all it was kind of strong, so I was dissappointed.
I always check fragfance because of ad too
It's very big disappointing when ad and smell don't match. I didn't like Elle either but ad was nice..

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me View Post
Thank you.. I love woody accents and really don't like floral "naive scents, but my boyfriend really is not keen on smelling it everyday I guess as a guy you would like your woman.. to smell like one..

It is a bit scary as I have not done it before... but I really want to.

Thanks for your opinion.
i would suggest you try scents that are labelled as "unisex", if you are feeling shy. many of the smaller perfumers have unisex scents, and some of the classics for men have been used nearly as much by women, i think - Guerlain's "Vetiver" and Boucheron's "Jaipur" for men, dor instance. i love both of Hermes' "Jardin" scents: try "Un Jardin Sur Le Nil". also Guerlain's "Aqua Allegoria" series is great: nice, unusual, and not super complicated, generally.

another thing to consider is a really good perfume will likely reveal itself over time, on your skin, with your specific chemistry. Try one on, and walk away for 45 minutes or so.

the best perfume is one that suits you, male or female, and one that makes you feel sexy. i bet your boyfriend wants you to feel sexy, right?

Last edited by meme527; 17-10-2007 at 03:21 AM.
17-10-2007
front row

wow, I love Guerlain's Vetiver! yum!

just_me, some other possible choices are:

Chanel No.19
Calandre
Bois des Iles
Vent Vert
Caleche
O de Lancome
Fendi
Un Bois Sepia

I don't wear many 'girlies'(save some strong classics like Fracas, Opium, Vol de Nuit etc ) & I love to wear mens' scents too - like the aforementioned Vetiver, Habit Rouge, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Dior Homme, Bois D'Argent, Floris Lime.

Unless it's a super-masculine fragrance, my husband never seems to mind.

17-10-2007
tfs star

I need perfume!

I was thinking either:
Stella McCartney (I have always wanted it)
Marc Jacobs
Chanel Chance au Fraiche
?

you set the scene

this is a neat thread! does anyone know of a good perfume with lime notes? nothing too fruity or super girly!

17-10-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestmagique View Post
this is a neat thread! does anyone know of a good perfume with lime notes? nothing too fruity or super girly!
Jo Malone's French Lime Blossom is really good, IMO. I like Floris Lime too but it only lasts two seconds on my dry skin. lol!

17-10-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowetpink View Post
I need perfume!

I was thinking either:
Marc Jacobs
Chanel Chance au Fraiche
?
Wow, please post impressions when you try/buy them... I'm not familiar with those yet. I'm so horribly slow with the newer scents i'm almost always a few years behind sched. sampling things.

I did sniff a magazine advert scent strip for Prada Infusion D'Iris that smells amazing but I'm trying to narrow my collection. It is tempting.

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowetpink View Post
I need perfume!

I was thinking either:
Marc Jacobs
Chanel Chance au Fraiche
?

well it has to go with ur body chemstry but i myself love stella McCartney and marc jacobs perfumes

backstage pass

both the marc jacobs and stella mccartney are florals, and great for a younger woman or someone who is just beginning to sample perfume. i had some of the marc jacobs body butter that i used exclusively on my feet, just out of the shower.

19-10-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahslug View Post
Has anyone tried Midnight Poison yet? Hypnotic Poison is my favourite fragrance so I was wondering if it was better?

they are really very different, what with Hypnotic being the smash hit enfant terrible of the Poison clan (vanilla/caraway/bitter almond) and MP going back to the family roots a bit but basically being a patchouli/amber rose.
i tested MP last week-after the initial citrus shriek it morphed into a more masculine version of Stella which left me shrugging since i'm well and over Stella...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fragrances, perfumes