How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-10-2007
fashion icon

I am in love with YSL Cinema eau de toilette at the moment - hopefully I'll be able to get it with Christmas money

15-11-2007
Frozen irony.

How does the CDG perfumes smell? I have heard so much about them..

15-11-2007
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama View Post
How does the CDG perfumes smell? I have heard so much about them..
There are so many series, with different themes; Incense, Synthetics, Leaves, Sherbet, Sweet... all of those names give you an idea of what the individual fragrances in the series are like.

There are the "anti-fragrances" like Odeur 53 and Odeur 71, which deliberately eschew traditional scents and aim for industrial and nearly neutral notes (dust, copier toner, ozone...)

There are the new Luxe series, Patchouli and Champaca, which are outrageously priced but are reputed to use very fine ingredients, taking well-known notes to new heights (theoretically, anyway!)

It's hard to make any kind of generalization about CdG other than that Rei is very inventive and does not stay still for long! Your best bet is to find a place that has them and experiment; if you can't do it in person, you can order samples from some distributors.

tfs star

There are so many perfumes I want for Christmas!

I hate to say it but I love Heiress by Paris Hilton, it's really sherbet-y and really soft! :p
I still want Stella..

princely

What does everyone think of Tom Ford for Men? I think I like it, but I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it.

05-12-2007

^is it that perfume with those interesting ads? haven't try it thought.

princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annu View Post
^is it that perfume with those interesting ads? haven't try it thought.
The female version is called Black Orchid and is the fragrance with Julia Restoin Roitfeld in the ad with mainly her face and the rest is glossy hair. The men's fragrance is the one with the raunchy ads with the bottle between a womans breasts and betewen her legs to symbolize a penis...

06-12-2007

^yeah, I remembered it right. Those ads don't make me wanna try it but it may be because I'm a girl

I just tested ebay, and hopefully soon, I can test Flowerbomb, Daisy and Rock n' Rose couture. Can't wait.

V.I.P.

I actually really like the Rock n' Rose Couture-the last time that I went to Nordstrom and bought perfume the girl made a sample for me. I highly recommend it as usually anything rose-y is avoided by me-definitely more intense in a good way. Now it is definitely on my must-have list-half my last paycheck went to perfumes and other beauty stuff though!

I actually have already demonstrated my loyalty to Escada's collectible fragrances...I already own a bottle of Moon Sparkle and if you used/loved Ibiza Hippie, it is more along the lines of that than say, Rockin' Rio or Pacific Paradise with the blackcurrant. It got rave reviews from EVERYBODY at work. Of course it is on the fruitier side, which is a requirement for me but you might want to give it a go because it would be nice for the late winter.

I'm also planning on getting L de Lolita Lempicka and Gucci 2 in the near future-any opinions? I got samples of both of them and the Lolita Lempicka is amazing.

08-12-2007
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
What does everyone think of Tom Ford for Men? I think I like it, but I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it.
I think Tom Ford for Men is nice. Its a little different men's fragrance sort of a spicy citrus scent as opposed to many of the more cleaner citrus or aquatic scents that are out there now. Its got a little of that Tom Ford edge to it - always a plus. It starts out sort of fresh and then works its way down towards being almost a spicy musk.

That said its not as dirty as the ad campaign would indicate I was expecting something with a bit more of an earthy vibe. This is nice but its also a little tame. They are coming out with an Extreme version soon though so that might be a bit more daring.

I think all Tom's scents - including the Private Blends - have been good thus far.

Right now I'm itching to try Hermes Brin de Reglisse. It sounds just delightful. I also want to try more from Le Labo - I've sniffed a few things but haven't invested in a full bottle just yet and I'm dying to.

09-12-2007
fashion elite

I finally got some fragrances from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and I'm pretty happy with my choices! I got 5mls of Snake Oil, Desire, and Himerus. I would've gotten imps to try them out, but I don't have a credit card so I had to have my mom buy them for me...

Anywho, my favorite has to be Himerus. At first, it smells a lot like sandalwood and bergamot, but then Juniper comes out and I think I smelled some type of flower. I'm guessing it's Orchid cuz it wasn't Lilac like it says in the description on their website. But whenever I wear it, my day just seems a little down and not as good as other days. Oh well, noone ever said life would always be easy.

Snake Oil smells like spicy sugar, and I say that in the best way possible. It has a real intensity that I just love! I keep smelling myself through the day and melt. It's super sexy!

Desire smells like sex and apples. That's all I can really say about it...

I also got these free samples of Midnight Kiss (like perfumed chocolate ), Muse (eek!), London, Phantom Queen (), Shroud, Versailles (smells like a rich old lady, in the best way possible ), and Tenochtitlan(). I can't wait to get my next order!

10-12-2007
rising star

I love perfumes...you guys are making me want to go sample some tomorrow!

I currently wear Hypnotic Poison (it's been my "signature" for years now), but I am probably going to buy YSL Opium for xmas (that's interesting that Carine wears the men's version...I will have to see what that's like, too)

I have also been wanting to get Lolita Lempicka...but prob will wait 'til spring to get that, along w/Vera Wang Princess, which I just smelled & of course have to have, but they seem very "spring/summer" to me...

Oh, and I know you guys will be able to help me with this one...I was wanting to check out this cologne I saw in the "Reviews" section of Allure a couple months ago...I have since thrown away my mag...but it's a men's cologne and the bottle was shaped as a black butane (like zippo) lighter? I am very curious about it now!

John Cocteau
10-12-2007
front row

I was perfume shopping today, and I must say that the Marc Jacobs perfume smells great! I also like Yves Saint Laurent's Cinéma.

I was disappointed on Coco Mademoiselle though.

10-12-2007
trendsetter

Luxx, I want to try Le Labo too! I'm not even sure why lol. I have too many fragrances on my to do list. I just went through most of the Serge Lutens export line and I was so sad. I didn't like/wasn't impressed by most of them. And a few were really, truly awful.

The CdG scents don't work on me either, they're very overpowering, acrid and chemically on me. Really wanted the incense series to work on me and it didnt. But very much worth a try!

However, I'm looking forward to getting my decant of Norma Kamali Ceremony. The only real incense scent that works w/me, I love it. I liked the Yemenese incense note in Parfums de Nicolai's Sacrebleu and hated the rest of it. I was reccomended to try PdN's Vanille Tonka so hopefully there will be more incense and well, none of the vanilla. I'm not really a foody person.

Oh and I bought Paul & Joe Blanc EdT. That one was really nice. Not very foody to me, just a sort of creamy white fragrance.

Dang, forgot I also got Maison Berdoues Santal and Oppoponax. Very soft, sort of creamy and nice. But totally fleeting on me so I might have to wear lotion and then spritz.

JeanAvril, how is BPAL's London? I was looking at that one. And how long did it take you to get your order?

Last edited by lollicandy; 10-12-2007 at 01:18 AM.
10-12-2007
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
...I just went through most of the Serge Lutens export line and I was so sad. I didn't like/wasn't impressed by most of them. And a few were really, truly awful. ...
I still haven't tried any Serge Lutens; the reputation for being syrupy/sweet has kept me at bay. But I am interested to try Cuir Mauresque from the exclusives line; a friend has promised to send me a sample next month.

I hope I don't like it because it will not be easy to get a bottle in the US!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fragrances, perfumes