The Etc Etc of Perfumes & Fragrances - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
10-12-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post

JeanAvril, how is BPAL's London? I was looking at that one. And how long did it take you to get your order?
London smells very....cold. I just get reminded of pine cones and lemons. But I like it.

It took about 3 weeks to get my order.

12-12-2007
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
Luxx, I want to try Le Labo too! I'm not even sure why lol. I have too many fragrances on my to do list. I just went through most of the Serge Lutens export line and I was so sad. I didn't like/wasn't impressed by most of them. And a few were really, truly awful.
Aww I personally love the Lutens line but most do have a reputation for being very very sugary and foody / leaning towards being almost candy-esque in quality. Did you get to try Un Lys? Thats one of the nicer, less food oriented ones.

I got to try some Le Labo and I really enjoy the Rose 31, its a bit too masculine for me to wear but on a boy it would be just dreamy I think.

Ooh and if you like incense Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory is quite nice - its not a true incense but the incense note is strong enough to resonate - its a unique scent. I've been wearing it the past couple of days and I quite like it.

I really feel this urge to find something with Gardenia in it that I like. When I was a freshman I wore Marc Jacobs' ubiquitous perfume but I've sort of outgrown that and I'd really like to find something else with a strong gardenia scent - its one of my favorite flowers and just the sort of thing I'd like to sniff right about now. I keep hearing people talk about Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia but Estee Lauder scents almost never work for me - I have really weird chemistry and some perfumes that smell good on everyone just smell icky on me. Its the bain of my existence.

Last edited by Luxx; 12-12-2007 at 08:05 AM.
20-12-2007
little soul

I always, always wear Prada Eau Tendre, it's just my scent - fits me perfectly, I love the way it lingers But today I tried the Prada Infusion d'Iris and I loooove it, I can't wait to buy it so I guess now I'll have two scents

I have now tested some samples and I really love with Daisy. At first I didn't care it much but somehow it starts growing me. Flowerbomb was disappointment.. ad was so gorgerous! Juice couture was not for me either..

front row

I just received as gifts ” sheer veil” and “princess” by (Vera Wang) and “Love in Paris” by Nina Ricci, this one ..I don’t know, I’m not use to this type of perfumes ..what do you think about this one?, I was waiting for “Brit” (Burberry) but I didn’t receive it hahah so I guess I’ll have to buy it. Do you like Nina Ricci’s perfumes?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

25-12-2007
tfs star

^^I'm not big fan of Nina's perfumes, but I must say I like Love in Paris.

25-12-2007
V.I.P.

i like Diesel's Fuel For Life and even D²'s HeWood ain't too bad, but i will not wear those two scents cause i clash with the brand itself..... i kno, i'm a strange fella.

25-12-2007
trendsetter

Received Paul & Joe Blanc EdT, Nemat oils in Patchouli, Sandal Wood, and Egyptian Musk. And the Prada Coffret, minis in Prada, Prada Intense, and Prada Tendre. And some atomizers, that I think I will decant the Prada into; they're in really annoying splash bottles, with caps you have to pull off. Already slightly spilled them

Last edited by lollicandy; 25-12-2007 at 12:23 PM.
25-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivi View Post
Do you like Nina Ricci’s perfumes?
I haven't try many but I love Nina.

V.I.P.

^ nina smells great i love that perfume

tfs star

has anyone tried Yohji Yamamoto pour femme? what do you think of it?

25-12-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annu View Post
I haven't try many but I love Nina.
I love Nina Ricci's Premier Jour.

25-12-2007
tfs star

I have recently discovered "L'instant magique" de Guerlain and I fell in love with it.

25-12-2007
scenester

For Christmas I received Ralph Lauren's Romance. I had been gushing too much about my favorite Russian, Valentina I guess. I was slightly disappointed, in any case...the perfume gives me a headache.

but of course, I will never tire of my favorite, Chanel No. 5:p

25-12-2007
front row

Thanks for your opinions!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fragrances, perfumes