How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-11-2007
fashion elite

Juice Beauty organic products work really really well!!

21-11-2007
backstage pass

does anyone knoe a good SPF 30+ daily facial lotion?
or even 25+? with whitening in it as well?

tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionlives View Post
does anyone knoe a good SPF 30+ daily facial lotion?
or even 25+? with whitening in it as well?
a friend of mine uses bobbi brown brightening moisturizer...
it has spf 25...
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/t...CT_ID=PROD5705

front row

i;ve been thinking of trying Clarins....i need a new moisturizer or well a night moisturizer...

the winter weather is killing my skin..its soooo dry! even if i put practically half of my current moisturizer (proactiv)! so i was thinking of getting a night moisturizer but unsure to get Clarins or Estee Lauder.

i'm kind of scared though because i've tried a lot of brands and everything makes me super oily and breakout! the only thing that has really worked for me is proactiv but it also always makes my skin so dry in the winter! any suggestions for my problem? any Clarins products to recommend?

14-12-2007
V.I.P.

I used to be a Clarins junkie, and use just about everything-cleansers, toners, exfoliant, masks, day/night creams, serums, but there's too much fragrance in them. I still use religiously their Skin Beauty Repair serum and I like their Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion, but their moisturizers were too perfumed. One I did like and was able to stand for a while was their Line Prevention Multi-Active Day Cream for Dry Skin. You probably would like that.

The creams in the airless jars (I know this makes it so you dont dip in with fingers and cause contamination but I hate it) are not hydrating enough and the Multi-Active is in a regular jar, so get a sample of that.

That's your best bet actually, trying some samples, and Clarins are pretty generous with their samples.

14-12-2007
trendsetter

I like Vichy Thermal Water too. Its not really salt, but sulfur in it that gives it that 'taste'. Its pretty distinctive and somewhat faint but there. Sulfur is often used to treat acne as an ingredient in creams/masks/etc due to antibacterial qualities.

Vichy Nutrilogie is a really emollient winter dry skin moisturizer.

14-12-2007
V.I.P.

ive been using a neutrogena anti-oxident age reverse day lotion (20$) (neutrogena.com)

however it does not moisturize super well and is not good for winter weather i think. every other night i use the patricia wexler serum. i also use retin a micro which dries out my skin...

03-01-2008
backstage pass

I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for combination skin. I can't say it works miracles but it is reliable and pretty cheap too

neutrogena.com

05-01-2008
All that Glitters is Gold

Can someone tell me more about this Shea Butter? Is it actually for your face? How is the consistency? Would it be good to use with combination/oily skin? It sounds neat but I don't know much about it.

catch me if you can

I just started using Korres Pomegranate Balancing Moisturizer. I really like it a lot so far and also appreciate the fact that everything from this line is natural. Here is a short description of it from sephora.com:

A light-textured cream/gel, which carefully meets the needs of oily and combination skin, regulating the sebum secretion, while hydrating. It also makes an excellent makeup base.

pic from sephora.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg korres.jpg (5.4 KB, 276 views)

tfs star

Best Facial Moisturizer?
i think the cold weather has dehydrated my skin a bit, because my face is starting to feel very tight and dry and downright uncomfortable. the dry spots are mostly along my cheekbones, where it's visibly redder and almost flaky.

what facial moisturizers do you guys use? i'd love something fairly light -- nothing too heavy or oily.

02-02-2008
tfs star

I've been using Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer with SPF 15. I have very dry, sensitive, somewhat acne-prone skin, and seems to be working well for me(I've only used it for about 2 weeks though). My skin looks alot smoother, and the moisturizer is not too greasy.

(aveeno.com)

02-02-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
Can someone tell me more about this Shea Butter? Is it actually for your face? How is the consistency? Would it be good to use with combination/oily skin? It sounds neat but I don't know much about it.
Shea butter is thick, with a distinctive smell I had to get used to. It spreads very well so you only need to use a little bit. I never used it on my face but on my body and in my hair.

02-02-2008
front row

Any reviews on Claudalie moisturizers? I've heard some good stuff about them, and I'm deciding wheter I should try their Beauty Elixir.

02-02-2008
rising star

I use a combination of the following, depending on my mood:
- jojoba oil (don't quote me but I think it has a natural but very low SPF)
- Nivea Soft
- Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Lotion/Gel Plus (only at night)
- Natural Instinct (australian brand) SPF 30 mineral sunscreen

I have tried probably a hundred different moisturisers over the years (I'm 28 ) and these are the best to hydrate, treat and protect my formerly combo/oily but now normal skin.

For a toner I use Nivea Refreshing Toner and put it in a spray bottle. That seems to work pretty well. Or rosewater from the chemist.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers