How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
^^That stuff is sh*t. I wouldnt recommend anyone use it.
why not?

07-03-2008
V.I.P.

Sorry SHSH that was rude of me. If it's working for you, that's great. I just would switch it up sooner or later because your skin might get to used to it. Also, I'm just not partial to drugstore moisturizers, but to each their own...

10-03-2008
rising star

I have dry skin that breaks out occasionally. I'm trying to find a good night cream.
Has anyone used shea butter on their face and did you break out?
TIA

11-03-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post
i have to recommend the dr. hauschka rose day cream light. i've been using it for a month now and it is the best decision i have ever made!
I love this product as well! I use Quince as well, and the regular Rose cream in winter.

11-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucindaMay View Post
I love this product as well! I use Quince as well, and the regular Rose cream in winter.
i haven't heard of quince. is it another of their moisturizers? and does it work well for combination skin?

19-03-2008
fashion elite

does anyone know a good face creme, something i could get @ sephora maybe, that is good for moisturizing dry skin but is not greasy?
(and maybe not a million bucks!)

19-03-2008
front row

Quote:
While you sleep your skin is actually hard at work regenerating itself, balancing oil production and expelling impurities. Regular application of night creams interferes with these essential tasks, and over time skin becomes less able to care for itself. Covering the skin with moisturizer 24 hours a day sends a signal to sebaceous glands to cut down on moisture production, resulting in even drier skin that becomes dependent on moisturizing products just to appear “normal.” -drhauschka.com
i don't know if this goes here but... what do you all think? skip or don't skip the moisturizer at night?

19-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ skip the night creams. i have been following that regimine and using dr. hauschka's line for a month's time now and my skin has never felt or looked this darned healthy. i have good skin to begin with, but now? it's amazing!

19-03-2008
rising star

has anyone tried philosophy's 'hope in a jar'? is it any good?

it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiled View Post
i don't know if this goes here but... what do you all think? skip or don't skip the moisturizer at night?
i forgot to mention, if you absolutely feel as if you need to put something on your face at night, use the dr. hauschka toner. i use the clarifying toner at night because i have combination skin and big pores, but if you have dry skin, use the regular facial toner.

20-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysaurus View Post
has anyone tried philosophy's 'hope in a jar'? is it any good?
i have! i am addicted to their perfumes, and so i tried their facial care line because i was curious and quite honestly, nothing was effective. i tried it for well over five months and saw no difference. it was almost as if i wasn't using anything. their purity cleanser never really made my skin feel clean. it's really watery and i feel that it's over priced for something that felt on my skin as if i had bought it at cvs or something! and some of their stuff even made me begin to look as if i was about to break out, which was horrible because i am not acne prone nor have i ever had an acne problem. (i am paranoid about ever having pimples, though, so i will admit that i use acne-preventing products because i think i will die of embarrassment the day that i ever have to deal with acne or pimples or anything like that.)

the only philosophy product that i recommend, aside from their perfumes and lotions which are all delish, is their hope and a prayer topical vitamin c powder. i used it for a while and it really worked well. i had a tiny scar on my chin that has always bothered me and by mixing the powder with any moisturizer, it literally made the tiny scar disappear.

oh, yeah, their shampoos and body washes are really good, too! but that's about it. trust me, there is nothing from the philosophy line that i haven't used and half of it all in stored in a bin in my bathroom. so if anyone wants it, i swear, let me know! i don't want it, that's for sure!

Last edited by izzie stevens; 20-03-2008 at 12:06 AM.
20-03-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post

the only philosophy product that i recommend, aside from their perfumes and lotions which are all delish, is their hope and a prayer topical vitamin c powder. i used it for a while and it really worked well. i had a tiny scar on my chin that has always bothered me and by mixing the powder with any moisturizer, it literally made the tiny scar disappear.
sure!
I'm interested... was it a recent scar?

20-03-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiled View Post
Hmm I just know I dont want dry premature aging skin and so when my skin is it's most active, at night, I apply products that are the most penetrating and active. I cant skip moisturizer for my skin. And your skin is always producing more sebum unless you're a very very dry skin type.

Oh and I hate Philosophy!

21-03-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by limo View Post
I have dry skin that breaks out occasionally. I'm trying to find a good night cream.
Has anyone used shea butter on their face and did you break out?
TIA
I like to use a little sudocrem on the areas which are breaking out.

21-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
I'm interested... was it a recent scar?
it was an old scar. very small, but i always noticed it and it really did disappear from the use of that powder.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers