How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2008
at the irish pub

What do you guys think about Body Shop moisturizers??Which one is the best?I may think about buying the one you choosed best..

05-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
my skin feels so soft when i put Vaseline on it before i go to bed. no residue in the morning. just soft skin.
me too it works wonders as a body moisturizer i think. I don't use it on my face; regular creams make me break out, I won't even hazard vaseline. (Although the OCM is all about oil and just makes my skin look beautiful; weird.)

05-04-2008
little soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by larien View Post
What do you guys think about Body Shop moisturizers??Which one is the best?I may think about buying the one you choosed best..
What's your skin type? Normal, dry, combination?

front row

has anyone tried MAC's Strobe Liqiud? I've never used mac skincare before but this sounds promising. I have oily, acne prone skin though.
will it break me out/clog pores?

06-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ i have a feeling that the strobe liquid may make make oily skin oiler. does anyone know about this for sure?

06-04-2008
front row

i tried putting vaselin around my eye area. woke up with bright and great looking skin. no dark circles or puffiness. tried doing it a few times after that, but i never got the same results again. i read things online that you can get white bumps and infections so i've quit and it wasn't doing anything anymore.

06-04-2008
windowshopping

Helena, Have you tried Korres? I have tried 2 separate moisturizers from them and all they do is moisturize, no irritation! But my skin is not too sensitive. I have used mandarin (which I think has been discontinued) and I am on my 3rd or 4th jar of Alpine Herbs.

And I have to second using jojoba oil - I use it at night as a cleanser (well, i mixed it with grapeseed and olive oil) and it actually makes my skin less oily the day after - the whole reason why skin is oily is because it thinks it is too dry and it overproduces oil. So you will be kind of beating your natural oils to the punch, so to say. Jojoba oil is a liquid wax that is very similar in structure to your natural face oils, but it does irritate some people.

at the irish pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu_miu View Post
What's your skin type? Normal, dry, combination?
It is the combination.Any suggestions??

little soul

^I always like the Vitamin E range, I'd go for that

I love model_mom!

Anyone tried Olay Regenerist? I am working from home today and watching a program where they compared anti-aging skincare, specifically moisturizers. This Olay Regenerist line was number 1! They specifically mentioned the Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream - Regenerates + Intense Hydration

at the irish pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu_miu View Post
^I always like the Vitamin E range, I'd go for that
Ok,i will try that,too.Thanks for helping honey

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiled View Post
what are some face moisturizers that are oil-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic?
Hi defiled,

I don't know how dry you are, but I recommend Vanicream. I'm not TOO dry so I like their Lite Lotion but have also used their regular moisturizer in the winter. That brand is fabulous for making minimalist, oil-free, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic products.

I also recommend Cetaphil's DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion ... it's light and absorbs quickly but really adheres to its promise of delivering an immediate surge of moisture that lasts. It's fragrance-free, non-irritating and non-comedogenic; however it does include Macadamia Nut Oil. However, I have acne-prone skin and this lotion has never ever made me break out or feel super-oily; it makes my skin very nice and balanced.

"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away."
08-04-2008
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by limo View Post
I have dry skin that breaks out occasionally. I'm trying to find a good night cream.
Has anyone used shea butter on their face and did you break out?
TIA
I have the same skin type and the best night moisturizer I've found is Boscia Recharging Night Moisture. It keeps my skin clear (I breakout when I'm dry) and it has calmed my skin. I also think this would work for most skin types. Highly recommended - especially if you have sensitive/acne-prone skin

~Madeleine Albright
13-04-2008
front row

The best moisturisers I've ever used are Origins. Actually, I think I can safely say that I don't think Origins have ever made a bad product! Anyway, I have three of their moisturisers that I use regularly: For my day creme I like Organic Face Lotion, which has lovely shea butter and makes the skin soft and hydrated but still breathable, and at night I put a think layer of Mega Mushroom Plantidote Creme and then top it with some Nite-a-mins (super mineral charged). Beautiful! I layer my moisturisers over Perfect World serum, also by Origins, which is based on white tea. It might sound like a lot, but I just LOVE my moisturisers and my skin has never looked better!

20-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post
^ i have a feeling that the strobe liquid may make make oily skin oiler. does anyone know about this for sure?
Thankyou! I have just seen your reply.
I decided against the strobe liquid and got enzymion from lush instead, which seems to be working for my oily skin pretty well

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers