How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2010
front row

straight aloe vera as your moisturizer? i thought it was just used for like, sun burns and skin irritations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_vera

21-08-2010
windowshopping

Another plus for Korres wild rose cream. I use it as a night time moisturizer, and find it a little too thick for daytime use. For daytime I like Ole Hendriksen's Sheer Transformation. Both a bit costly, but oh so nice!

22-08-2010
rising star

I like La Roche Posay hydraphase legere. It's not too creamy, so it hydrates my combination skin without making it greasy. It's very light on.

22-08-2010
front row

I like Ahava.

23-08-2010
backstage pass

When do you think is the best time for using moisturizere? Night or day?

windowshopping

Moisturize in the morning and the evening!

I use a moisturizer with salicylic acid in it to lightly exfoliate and clear out pimples (Philosophy Hope in a Bottle) in the morning, and at night I am using Philosophy's Miracle Worker moisturizer (anti aging). I'm almost done with the Miracle Worker treatment though so I'll switch to another rich moisturizer.

27-08-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I use Pond's Cold Cream - and I will never use anything else!

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by etceteraism View Post
I like La Roche Posay hydraphase legere. It's not too creamy, so it hydrates my combination skin without making it greasy. It's very light on.
I'm just thinking about getting it.
But still doubting between the light and the heavier version.
As we're heading to fall, I might get the heavier version afterall.

I have mixed skin that tends to be dry in the fall-winter.

18-09-2011
rising star

I use moisturizer both morning and night, but my morning one is just a sunscreen moisturizer. At night, I like Chanel Hydramax + Active Creme, or Cerave PM and various serums and oils.

30-10-2011
rising star

I gave my favorite Dr.Hauschka Rose Cream Light a break and started using Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre because of all the great things I've read abd the fact that it's a models/celeb favorite product.

It's good but I don't see what the big deal is about it. I think I'll go back to Dr.H after I finish it.

Anyone else thinks it's overrated??

01-11-2011
rising star

any recommendations for moisturisers with spf that doesnt leave a horrible oily film on your skin and doesnt feel heavy?

04-11-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larita View Post
I gave my favorite Dr.Hauschka Rose Cream Light a break and started using Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre because of all the great things I've read abd the fact that it's a models/celeb favorite product.

It's good but I don't see what the big deal is about it. I think I'll go back to Dr.H after I finish it.

Anyone else thinks it's overrated??
I don't love either, but I'd favor Embryolisse over Dr. Hauschka any day of the week. The Rose Cream Light didn't do much for hydrating my skin, and seemed to really clog my pores up after using it for a few months -- I've never had an issue with breakouts or problematic skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatretokens View Post
any recommendations for moisturisers with spf that doesnt leave a horrible oily film on your skin and doesnt feel heavy?
What's your skin type? La Roche Posay makes a good one that soaks in well, Hydraphase UV but I believe it's targeted at sensitive and/or dry skin.

I'm currently using the Toleraine Ultra by La Roche Posay and am absolutely loving it. I just layer if over La Roche Posay Anthelios sunscreen.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

has anyone else fallen in love with elemis marine cream? second year in a row and i stand by this with great gumption...it smells like the sea too. ;-)

04-11-2011
backstage pass

I miss using Decléor Instant Radiance Moisturizer, I absolutely love the glow it gives! So bummed that it doesn´t give me enough moisture during the colder months. I need to find a moisturizing serum or something so use under it, then it might work.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatretokens View Post
Try using one that has zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in it. They are mineral sunsreens and physically block the sun. Chemical sunscreens, like in most moisturizers, absorb the uv rays, not block them. They also tend to be more oily, for me at least. Also the fact that some people say the chemical based ones release free radicals and break down on your skin...eww if they are right. Anyway, I like the Yes To line that is made in Israel. I have used the Yes To carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes line. I like the cucumber day lotion with spf 30 the best. It is very soothing and does not make me any more oilier than my normal skin already is.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers