How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrity View Post
When do you think is the best time for using moisturizere? Night or day?
I'll be honest....I skip night sometimes. If you cleanse and your face is not dry or tight, it should be ok. Day is when you really need it. To protect your face from the sun and elements But also, night is when you can repair with a treatment.

14-01-2012
front row

Whats the best dewy moisturizer you've tried?
I'm lately obsessed with the dewy look, but can't find a good moisturizer that gives me a obvious dewy glow, most are too subtle. If it matters i won't be using any makeup with it other than mascara or lip gloss, and it can be tinted but doesn't have to be. And i have normal skin in the summer and dry in the winter. Has anyone used anything great that they would ike to share? thank you

14-01-2012
Making a Mess

^ Maybe try Laura Mercier's illuminating tinted moisturizer .

backstage pass

^ I was also about to recommend that one, it gives my skin the most beautiful dewy look

Making a Mess

I recently started using The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream and it is hands down one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. I have extremely sensitive skin when it comes to moisturizers and this one not only does what it says it will do but doesn't irritate or clog my pores. (Most moisturizers cause my skin to turn red and go itchy ).

Usually this time of the year my skin gets really dry and flakes. And it was making my makeup look terrible. So I bought this to use instead of my Aveeno and a little goes a looong way. So happy I ended purchasing this. Definitely recommend to those living in cooler climates .

fashion icon

Party vixen I'll check that out,I've used other companies vitamin e products before and found that thy are harsh on my skin. It might just have been the product as opposed to it being vitamin e. I usually use la roche posay moisturizer,as I find it soothes my skin and a little goes a long way.

04-02-2012
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

My dry, dull skin is so frustrating!

I received some SkinCeuticals products from my sister-in-law - syrum, eye cream, moisturizer... but no difference. I won some Lily B. products - no difference. I see better results when I slather on Pond's Cold Cream at night.

What gives, I wonder?

Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
Party vixen I'll check that out,I've used other companies vitamin e products before and found that thy are harsh on my skin. It might just have been the product as opposed to it being vitamin e. I usually use la roche posay moisturizer,as I find it soothes my skin and a little goes a long way.
Vitamin E products tend to react well with my skin to begin with, so I think that's why I lucked out with this moisturizer.

Before I was using the Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream but it irritated my skin and was it was getting worse. Which is too bad because I am a big fan of Avene skin care.

windowshopping

I'm always so tempted at Sephora and makeup counters to get some new fancy moisturizer (or other skin potion), but I always stick to my usual Jason's Vitamin E cream or this other brand (I forget the name, it's at Whole Foods as well). My skin is dry, and the Jason's cream is thick and in the morning my face feels soft and hydrated. Sometimes I think simpler products can do an even better job than those expensive creams.

24-06-2012
tfs star

Does anyone use moisturizers for decreasing/limiting redness in the face? I'm starting to think I should probably get one the next time I need a moisturizer.

25-06-2012
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I'm curious about this, as well.

trendsetter

^Try the Darphin Intral range. It's specifically created for sensitive/intolerant//rosacea-prone skin. You could always try the Intral Redness Relief Recovery Cream and Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum. It's not cheap, but worth every penny.

26-06-2012
trendsetter

I really love Amore Pacific's hydra gel. It's kind of insanely amazing but it has parabens. Does anyone have a rec for an alternative?

27-06-2012
meet the press

ChloeFrancoise Avene has a great range of redness relief line. I've never tried them because it's not something I have an issue with, but I'm a big fan of the brand, and always hear good things about their products.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeFrancoise View Post
Does anyone use moisturizers for decreasing/limiting redness in the face? I'm starting to think I should probably get one the next time I need a moisturizer.
if you want to save a few dollars eucerin redness relief is really good. you can find it at duane reade. avene is harder to find in our region.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers