How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2012
tfs star

Thanks for the responses.

29-06-2012
tfs star

My new moisturizer obsession is Elizabeth Arden Intervene-line, I use day and night cream. The day cream is "radiance boosting" and I don`t know if it`s placebo or what, but I like my skin after it. Night cream is for stress recovery, leaves very smooth skin, but is not as light as the day cream.

And the serums are the other story then.. I`d like to test them all

26-08-2012
fashion icon

I'm looking for a great moisturizer to use seeing as pretty much everything I try doesn't seem to work for me. I have dry skin, plus on top of that, very sensitive skin. So...not a great combo. So far I've tried brands like Korres, Clinique, Topcare (drugstore brand), and First Aid Beauty but none of them seem to do the trick. Does anyone have suggestions for brands I might want to look into? Thanks!

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 26-08-2012 at 02:14 AM.
26-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I'm looking for a great moisturizer to use seeing as pretty much everything I try doesn't seem to work for me. I have dry skin, plus on top of that, very sensitive skin. So...not a great combo. So far I've tried brands like Korres, Clinique, Topcare (drugstore brand), and First Aid Beauty but none of them seem to do the trick. Does anyone have suggestions for brands I might want to look into? Thanks!
cerave and cetaphil are the gentlest brands. they are also reasonably priced.

you might want to look into aveeno as well.

front row

I need a daytime moisturizer that is light, non-clogging, and does not cause oil or acne. Any ideas?

26-08-2012
front row

^Forget that. I have already have one that I think will work.

26-08-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
cerave and cetaphil are the gentlest brands. they are also reasonably priced.

you might want to look into aveeno as well.
Thank you for your advice! I'll check out those brands. Do you know of any brands that are higher end too? I'm curious about that as well.

backstage pass

^ L'Occitane Ultra Gentle Moisturizer is pretty good for my sensitive skin, my new favourite!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Thank you for your advice! I'll check out those brands. Do you know of any brands that are higher end too? I'm curious about that as well.
Some mid-range brands (that are still available at most drugstores but are bit pricier) that have a lot of products that work well for sensitive skins are La Roche Posay and Avene. I have used several moisturizers from both of those brands, and have liked nearly every one that I have tried. And FYI I know someone mentioned Aveeno above... I know all skins are different, but my sensitive skin always reacts to Aveeno facial moisturizers.

I'm not sure if Kiehl's is what you would consider higher end, but many of their products are suitable for sensitive skins (but if I were you, I would test out their products that have plant extracts before you buy, because those are known skin irritants. I have sensitive skin and my skin loves some of their products that have essential oils (like the Midnight Recovery Concentrate), but if you are worried, stick to the simple moisturizers. Their Panthenol Protein moisturizer is fantastic for the winter time, and since it comes in a big tub, it's honestly a good value. I also like their Ultra Facial cream, which is nice and simple, but overpriced for what it is, in my opinion.

Honestly, a lot of the "high end" brands just put lots of irritating fragrance in their products, and use basically untested technology (for which the best case scenario is that it does nothing special, worse case that it irritates your skin)... I don't think many of the department store brands are the places to go for a moisturizer for sensitive skin.

29-08-2012
backstage pass

Body and Facial Moisturisers with SPF
I searched the forum and didn't find a post on moisturisers with SPF. I'm sure I cannot be the only one who dislikes using plain sunscreen because it is always so greasy and leaves white marks on your skin! Or the only person who would prefer to combine two products into one because they're poor and can't be arsed to sit in the bathroom for ages applying all sorts of things.

Does anyone have any recommendations for body and facial moisturisers that contain SPF15-30? Especially non-greasy ones that do not leave white marks. :p

I've heard good things about moisturisers with SPF from Olay, Aveeno and Neutrogena, but I'm looking for a facial moisturiser that works well with an oily face. The skin on my arms and legs can get rather dry, but overall I think my body skin is fairly `normal' and doesn't require a special cream/lotion.

What's your skin type and what brands have worked best for your face and/or body?

V.I.P.

I'm currently using a sample of Mario Badescu's oil-free moisturizer with spf 17 and it's quite good

fashion elite

^i agree on mario badescu skin care products i always use olay because of my grandmothers skin is wrinkle free i use hyrdration lotion for night and spf version its quite good for skin

fashion icon

I use a moisturizer by Simplem,and there are 2 diferent types,light and rich. This is a silly question,but are there any real differences between the two?

05-09-2012
fashion insider

I've been using Yes to Carrots moisturizer with SPF 15. LOVE it! It has the SPF 15 thats essential plus it feels like a true rich moisturizer (rather than tacky sunblock consistency that's common). works well for me dry skin and my hubbies sensitive skin loves it too! quite affordable at around $15.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname View Post
Some mid-range brands (that are still available at most drugstores but are bit pricier) that have a lot of products that work well for sensitive skins are La Roche Posay and Avene. I have used several moisturizers from both of those brands, and have liked nearly every one that I have tried. And FYI I know someone mentioned Aveeno above... I know all skins are different, but my sensitive skin always reacts to Aveeno facial moisturizers.
I have used the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Legere moisturizer for years and just love it. My skin is combination but dehydrated, and this is the only stuff that makes my skin feel comfortable without being greasy. In winter I do wear a different cream at night, just because my skin needs a BIT more moisture. They also make a rich version-I may try this for winter instead. I have used a number of LRP products (including their sunscreen for the body-it is the ONLY thing I can wear that actually prevents my super pale skin from burning).

Now, can anyone recommend a good night cream for rosacea? I like my LRP moisturizer for day, but am looking for a new night cream that will help with the redness and broken blood vessels a bit. And something that doesn't contain almond oil as an ingredient-I'm allergic to almonds and unfortunately many of the top-rated creams I see on sites like Makeupalley contain this as an ingredient.

Last edited by etceteraism; 09-09-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers