How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2012
earthbound

YoninahAliza! I've been using the same serum as you (the REN one), and I think it does an excellent job at smoothing my skin while nourishing it, without leaving it too greasy. I only use it at night though.

For the day I use La Roche-Posay's Toleriane Ultra which sinks into the skin very easily and has no harsh smell. I also really like the packaging of this product, with how you can see the amount of product left (it's stored inside a pouch, inside the bottle).

es.paperblog.com

29-10-2012
tfs star

Anyone here uses Steamcream? I've read nothing but praise about it. I also like the ingredients and the packages are too cute (even though I prefer moisturizers in tubes or with a pump dispenser, I find pots very unhygienic and impractical), but I'd love to here some personal experience.

11-09-2013
tfs star

Steamcream was a miserable failure. And to me it smelled nothing like lavender.

I'm very satisfied with La Roche Posay moisturizers, I think they're excellent. Affordable too.

12-09-2013
backstage pass

My skin really likes the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. It's very basic with not much scent or anything special with it, but it's so hydrating and doesn't make my skin look oily. Plus, the price of the big tub is not that bad for how much product you're getting.

front row

Source: Iherb.com

Really like this stuff.

fashion elite

I read this last week and thought it was really interesting! Essentially they had someone use Nivea creme on half their face and Creme de la Mer on the other half and the Nivea half ended up looking better. Obviously this isn't a scientific journal or anything but it's interesting none the less. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...revealing.html

16-09-2013
tfs star

^^ Not really a surprise, they have almost identical ingredients - mainly mineral oil.

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

I've heard about that comparision before... IMO Creme de la Mer is ridiculously overpriced, however Nivea Creme breaks me out. I try to avoid mineral oils in skincare cosmetics (not easy, but possible). So far the best moisturizers I've used were the pharmacy ones, like Vichy, Nuxe, Avene, Bioderma etc. They're affordable and don't irritate my sensitive skin.

16-09-2013
fashion elite

Does anyone have milia? and use a specific moistruzier for this skin issue?

tfs star

I get one or two from time to time under my eye area and I let my beautician handle them. I wouldn't recommend doing it on your own. You can't really eliminate them with scrubs, AHAs/BHAs etc. because they're under your epidermis. You have to remove them physically with a needle. Sounds horrible but it really isn't.

17-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisFashionMuse View Post
Does anyone have milia? and use a specific moistruzier for this skin issue?
if you get a facial or pay a medispa for a microdermabrasion they will get them out for you. as the other member said, you wont get them out with a scrub.

V.I.P.

Can anyone recommend a good day moisturizer with spf which absorbs quickly and goes well under make up? I have dry combination skin if that makes sense

16-01-2014
tfs star

^I used to love Biotherm Aquasource moisturizer for mixed skin, in the light green/minty color packages. It costs about 50 euros in Finland. But now I use Lumene Bright Now Day Cream and it is very nice too, definitely worth it`s price (about 17 e).

Of the serums, I always thought there is no good cheaper serums but I absolutely love NIVEA CELLular Anti-Age Concentrated Skin-Refining Serum and it costs like 15 euros. If I am busy I use only this under make up.

17-01-2014
V.I.P.

Thanks so much Tommygirl!

19-01-2014
front row

Can anyone recommend me a good moisturiser that is not very thick/heavy/is absorbed quickly? I have eczema, so I need to put prescription creams and lotions all the time, but I wanted something for my whole face (normal/dry skin).
I have bangs, so I hate going to bed and have my hair stick to my moisturiser when I sleep (especially as I shower at night and won't have any time to fix that in the morning)... Nothing too expensive, please!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers