How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2005
backstage pass

wow i was just going to start a post onthis topic glad i didn't. So lancome and chanel as "expensive" moisturizers wheni finish mine i'guess i'll try one of those. Any other moisturizers people love. I must say that i don't like cliniques dramatically different (normal one)moisturizer it has too much oil for me and makes me break out.

24-09-2005
windowshopping

i agree with you lifeis, clinique's dramatically different moisturizer feels sticky on my skin.

right now i'm using clarins gentle night/day cream and i don't feel so icky anymore.

24-09-2005
trendsetter

I did a science fair project on moisturizers awile ago. and guess what i found? it doesnt matter if the moisturizer is a department store or drugstore brand. the whole point of the moisturizer is to make your skin feel nice temperarily, but it doesnt actually penetrate the skin to get rid of wrinkles. the only way you can prevent wrinkles with a moisturizer is by having the moisturizer have spf. so for you i would rec. a moisturizer with spf to use during the day, and a heavier but cheap cream to use during the night.

24-09-2005
backstage pass

I have two:

Shiseido: The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener Alchohol Free
Creme de La Mer moisturizer

They are both lovely!!!

candicec

24-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADA_on_pointe
I did a science fair project on moisturizers awile ago. and guess what i found? it doesnt matter if the moisturizer is a department store or drugstore brand. the whole point of the moisturizer is to make your skin feel nice temperarily, but it doesnt actually penetrate the skin to get rid of wrinkles. the only way you can prevent wrinkles with a moisturizer is by having the moisturizer have spf. so for you i would rec. a moisturizer with spf to use during the day, and a heavier but cheap cream to use during the night.
Ah, don't you just love this kind of findings? I mean, cheap or expensive moisturizers, it's always the same...

Yes, I believe that the big brand products are more expensive because they are high quality... However, in my opinion, they're too expensive... part of the money they cost is due to publicity.

fashion elite

What's so great about the Creme de la mer/Shiseido ? What effect does it have?
And what does everyone think about : Cliniques Dramatically Different Moistzrizer?

24-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyGirl
Ah, don't you just love this kind of findings? I mean, cheap or expensive moisturizers, it's always the same...

Yes, I believe that the big brand products are more expensive because they are high quality... However, in my opinion, they're too expensive... part of the money they cost is due to publicity.
Yep, i love those kinds of findings . Im glad I did my project on moisturizers, I definetly learned a lot. Sometimes, the moisturizers will be more expensive b/c of packaging + publicity like you said.

24-09-2005
backstage pass

Dear Leonie,

Sorry, I didn't explain why..
Okay let's see... the Shiseido is like this liquidy emulsion it is just fabulous. You know that dry feeling you get once you get out of the shower? Well this stuff rubbed onto your face just refreshes you and moisturizes sooo much better than any other kind of lotion. I just love the way it FEELS and smells on my face.

As for the creme de la mer...this is a much thicker moisturizer, and I love to use it as a base on my face before I go out. It gives that great glow/shine..better than any kind of foundation etc. Also, once you get used to the smell, you really can't switch to another kind.

candicec

24-09-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicec
Dear Leonie,

Sorry, I didn't explain why..
Okay let's see... the Shiseido is like this liquidy emulsion it is just fabulous. You know that dry feeling you get once you get out of the shower? Well this stuff rubbed onto your face just refreshes you and moisturizes sooo much better than any other kind of lotion. I just love the way it FEELS and smells on my face.
Im convinced

how much is it?

24-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonieAlexandria
What's so great about the Creme de la mer/Shiseido ? What effect does it have?
And what does everyone think about : Cliniques Dramatically Different Moistzrizer?
Creme de la Mer is unique in so many ways...It cant really be compared to any other moisturizer/day cream...Cliniques Dramaticly different moisturizer is part of Cliniques 3 step program and is to be followed by a day cream...oh and I think they are both great

24-09-2005
fashion elite

so you'd recommand cliniques one?
isnt la mer EXTREMELY expensive? how much is that one?

24-09-2005
front row

Dove Essential Nutrients day lotion

it's amazing! hydrates my skin and keeps it smooth, i've tried other brands but always come back to this one! plus its relatively cheap... which is just a bonus!

24-09-2005
backstage pass

Dear Leonie,

If you go look on ebay, creme de la mer is cheaper than if you bought it full price. I have gotten1 oz for around $80 before. Right now, if you look on ebay, they range from $80-$95.

For the 2 oz, you can get one for around $140-$170.

I know it seems costly, but a little goes a LONG way...

candicec

25-09-2005
V.I.P.

hey what would be good for combination skin? and wouldn't be too pricey...
Is the Clean and Clear one any good?

25-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicec
Dear Leonie,

If you go look on ebay, creme de la mer is cheaper than if you bought it full price. I have gotten1 oz for around $80 before. Right now, if you look on ebay, they range from $80-$95.

For the 2 oz, you can get one for around $140-$170.

I know it seems costly, but a little goes a LONG way...

candicec
I seccond that...Ebay is the only place you can get La Mer without killing your budget...Its worth a try to see if it works for you... To me there is nothing above..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers