How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
Is it necessary to use a day cream and a night cream or does it differ depending on the individual?
If your day moisturizer includes an SPF (which it should :p ) you probably want to use a different moisturizer for night; I remember reading that SPF can be harsh and you want to avoid using it at night when it isn't necessary

~Madeleine Albright

16-12-2005
scenester

Ive been using Oil of Olay's Complete Moisterizer for almost 3 years now... its the only one that works for me so far and I have used many! I use the ultra-moisterizing one in the gold package. I use it day and night even though it has spf, but i don't think its that big of a deal. I highly recommend it!

16-12-2005
front row

SPF moisturizer
i have combination to oily skin, currently i am using clinique for men oil-control hydrator and the result is fine, but i want to try something with SPF, but i heard that products with SPF are a bit greasy, are they? and which SPF moisturizer would you recommend?

16-12-2005
front row

^^ i dont, if you want a moisturizer that will give you a glow. sure, olay's moisturizer is pretty safe... not too thick, not too irritating (althoough it did seem to irritate my skin cause it wasnt moisturizing enough or something)... i dont know i just dont feel like it truly moisturizes your skin... and it never left me with a glow, whiich i usually get from using most products, even oil free ones :-/

17-12-2005
rising star

face - dr hauschka quince day cream
body - palmers cocoa butter

17-12-2005
Midnight blooms.........

Is the quince day cream good for oily skin?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasscam
Is the quince day cream good for oily skin?
NO WAY JOSE! i dont have oily skin, i actually can have quite dry skin at times, but this stuff has tons of oils in it which, within a week of use, clogged my pores and left me with tiny little white bbumps all over my face. if you dont have problems with stuff like this, you might want to try it... it definately balanced out my skin tone, but also left me w/ alot of damage that i'm trying to fix now
i'd only really suggest it more aged skin and completely normal skin, which is very tolerant of a variety of products..

17-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by another
face - dr hauschka quince day cream
body - palmers cocoa butter
i l ve palmers cocoa butter! smells WONDERFUL and moisturizes well, too!

17-12-2005
Diamond

For those with oily skin who are turned off by the price of La Mer, I suggest Erno Laszlo's Antioxidant Mattifying Complex

A little goes a long way (a bottle typically lasted me 6-8 months).

~Madeleine Albright

Last edited by Hipkitten; 17-12-2005 at 01:15 PM.
17-12-2005
front row

i heard wonderful things about cetaphil. my skin's recently become very stressed after switching between dr. hauscka's moisturizing day cream, quince day cream and Almay Milk Plus (which is terrible, btw). I bought cetaphil yesterday cause I heard it's a great moisturizer for stressed, dry and sensitive skin. I put a bit on last night around the dry patches of my mouth and it really helped... I hope it doesn't leave me with little white bumps all over my face though. I'm going to use it all over my face today after I wash it before I go out... I'll let you all know how the progress goes
Has anyone ever heard of embryolisse?

17-12-2005
taz
MUSE

have anyone here guys have tried Idealist by Estee Lauder & Creme de la Mer -oil free- ?

I am thinking of combining them together???

18-12-2005
V.I.P.

Idealist isn't a moisturizer, it's more like a primer for makeup.

fashion insider

I love Dr. Hauschka's day cream, it's so light and a little goes a long way
Unfortunately, it's really expensive (I'm a poor college student).

I don't know if anyone else has tried this but I went to Sephora and I was lucky enough to find a really nice, really helpful salewoman there who knew a lot about the different products and went out of her way to find the right products that met my requirements, price-range and were good for my skin (I told her I had combination skin and that I wanted to keep my skin looking as porcelain as possible). She gave me a bunch of samples to try and now I'm really excited to see how they turn out.

fashion insider

Question: What's the difference between 'normal' skin and 'combination' skin?

I was just thinking about it----when I described my skin to saleswomen, one told me I had 'combination' skin and the other told me I had 'normal' skin. Is there a difference?

V.I.P.

Does anyone use Neutrogena?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facial, moisturizers