How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2006
tfs star

I'd say try and drink some iced water to cool you down.

11-10-2006
windowshopping

for the armpits- all you need is drysol! it is prescription, but any doctor will give you one. also- you sometimes can find it on ebay from canada. you only have to put it on overnight like once or twice a month and you don't sweat at all. you don't even need deodorant. TRUST- it is a miracle.

29-01-2010
backstage pass

I think I might suffer from hyperhidrosis. I definitely think it is connected to my social anxiety, but I also sweat whenever I feel any intense emotion, such as getting very angry, very sad or very excited. Sometimes I just seem to sweat excessively for no reason. It's disgusting and humiliating and only makes my anxiety worse.

Someone mentioned a product to me that sounds like Drysol, but you don't need a prescription and it can be purchased in Europe. Does anyone have any idea what it is called? If so, please tell me. My life would be a million times better if I didn't always have to be afraid of feeling emotions in case I sprout twin Niagara falls underneath my armpits.

fashion elite

I have had a friend who's had botox injected in her armpits, and she used to sweat a lot for no reason. She was so happy with the results but I think after having it done a few times she decided to just stop as its a hassle to go get it done again. I am also not sure what would happen if she kept doing it her whole life. I went through a phase in my life when I had this problem as well, but that was just caused by a hormone inbalance. At that point I had to use a roll on and a spray deodorant. I also found that the harsher deodorants would make it even worse, so i opted for biotherm sensitive skin roll on and would just change my spray once in a while.

backstage pass

If anyone's interested, the over-the-counter anti-perspirant I've found that's the European equivalent to Certain Dri is called Syneo 5. It's a German product. I'm only aware that it can be bought in Germany, the Netherlands and Italy. It is available in more countries, but I remember it was not in pharmacies in France.

Iowa Girl at Heart

I used to have an issue with this in school... once I was done with classes and being stressed out over tests, I stopped having an issue. Maybe some of what you're experiencing is due to anxiety?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
excessive, perspiration