How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2009
V.I.P.

Has Latisse turned anyone's eyes spotty yet? That is supposedly one of the negative side effects (and precisely what is keeping me from trying it!) apparently brown spots can form on the iris of the eye.

07-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturierdiva View Post
Demonstration on how to apply Latisse
That was a very awkward video...

And Fabulyss apparently brown pigmentation of the iris was a noted side effect of Lumigan, but in clinical studies of Latisse there haven't been any reports yet. But I still think there is a possibility. This is the one time I'm glad I have dark brown eyes :p

07-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
Has Latisse turned anyone's eyes spotty yet? That is supposedly one of the negative side effects (and precisely what is keeping me from trying it!) apparently brown spots can form on the iris of the eye.
No, but I have brown eyes already.

07-05-2009
V.I.P.

I was just about to say what suburban did - even with lumigan very very few people had it and they were actually putting it in their eye. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

07-05-2009
V.I.P.

Well then, I just might have to try it - thanks everyone!

11-05-2009
V.I.P.

It has probably been mentioned before on this thread, but I know some girls who swear by the use of vaseline when it comes to incouraging the growth of eye lashes. Have no idea how that should work, but I doubt it does any harm so why not trying

front row

How did you guys get a prescription for Latisse? Did you just ask your doctor for it and they gave it to you no problem, or do you have to 'prove' you need it? Also, did you go to your regular doctor or a derm?

11-05-2009
backstage pass

I thought prescription is not required for latisse as it is marketed as cosmetics. Does anybody know if you have to have glucoma in order to get prescription for lumigan (which is the same thing as latisse)??

11-05-2009
V.I.P.

Most doctors wont give you a prescription for lumigan unless you actually have glaucoma, but just about anyone can get a prescription for latisse. I asked my plastic surgeon when I was there but a regular doctor can prescribe it too. The only difference is that insurance will pay for one but not the other.

11-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregeous View Post
How did you guys get a prescription for Latisse? Did you just ask your doctor for it and they gave it to you no problem, or do you have to 'prove' you need it? Also, did you go to your regular doctor or a derm?
You don't need to "prove" you need it since it's a cosmetic product. Almost any doctor can write you a prescription for it- general practitioner, dermatologist, optometrist, or plastic surgeon. You can search for doctors in your area who can write you a prescription on the Latisse website.

I'm at about my third week and I've definitely noticed improvement in my lash length and thickness. The growth is still really subtle though. I'm probably the only one who can notice any difference since I thoroughly examine them every morning

But does anybody know if the 16 week mark marks your maximum results? For instance, if you continued to apply it regularly every night (instead of just 3-4 times a week to maintain as they suggest) after 16 weeks, would your lashes keep growing? Or after 16 weeks, there is no more growth just maintenance?

Last edited by angela xx; 11-05-2009 at 06:19 PM.
11-05-2009
V.I.P.

My guess is that it marks your maximum results since I dont think peoples lashes who use it for glaucoma kept growing and growing. After a month my lashes look about like wk 16 on the lattise site and they're growing a lot slower now than they were the first few weeks.

12-05-2009
front row

Yea, that makes sense. I'm just afraid since my natural lashes are very short and thin to begin with, I won't be getting those crazy falsie looking lashes like some of the examples on their website.

But wow, week 16 results while on your first month?! Are you doing anything else other than applying Latisse to promote growth?

12-05-2009
V.I.P.

I'm not doing anything else although just got lipocils conditioner two days ago, my lashes are so long I don't want them falling out because of mascara or the curler. I use one drop on a Sephora brush and make a few passes on each eye until it no longer feels wet.

12-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
I looked it up and surprisingly no - I thought you'd be able to since the US is usually the last to get drugs because of stricter regulations. I'm sure lumigan is available though if you can get a doctor to prescribe that. You may try looking online to see if there are any pharmacies overseas that dont require a prescription, although I wouldnt really recommend it. Most are fine but you cant be sure of what your getting.
thanks for ur help

backstage pass

woohoo I'm asking for RevitaLash as a grad present

Latisse just seems a little too intense for me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eye, growth, lash