How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-05-2009
V.I.P.

I use to had thin lashes (& also very few) and a friend recommend me to use almond oil,
believe me, it's like, idk, it has something "magic"
I must say that the results were seen like 1 or 2 week later of using it every night, but at least it works!!

But now I want to have super long lashes and I'm thinking about eyelash extensions, what do you think?
I'm from Monterrey and there's a brand called 3d Lashes, they are also in the USA, but I'm scared that the glue will remove some of my natural lashes.
They say that it lasts around 2months and that it doesn't removes your natural lashes because it's suposed to be made of natural ingredients, but still im scared...
Any advice?

12-05-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijuyanah View Post
It has probably been mentioned before on this thread, but I know some girls who swear by the use of vaseline when it comes to incouraging the growth of eye lashes. Have no idea how that should work, but I doubt it does any harm so why not trying
I have used a tiny bit of vaseline on my lashes. I find that vaseline does keep the lashes well moisturized and not falling out, but I'm not sure about growth. My lashes are already long. I am trying Latisse.

Also, castor oil is good.

12-05-2009
backstage pass

^ castor oil didn't work for me. it only kept them moisturized. I just find it hard to believe that anything natural like castor oil or vaseline or almond oil could promote hair growth.

15-06-2009
This is the Renaissance

I just realized that I never did a Latisse update!

It's been about 2 months and I LOVE it. I started with pretty lackluster lashes and now they are fairly long and definitely thicker. With mascara, they are intense. I noticed subtle results even one week.

As mentioned here, I don't use the sterile applicators. My dermatologist also recommended using a clean eyeliner brush instead so I'm still on my first bottle. She said that as long as I'm not putting the brush in my eye and making sure it is clean (not just tossing it in the makeup bag, for example) it's fine. She said for some people a bottle has lasted four months. I use one drop on both eyes.

So far, so good!

15-06-2009
trendsetter

^How much was it?

15-06-2009
This is the Renaissance

$115 at my Dermatologist's office.

I hear it's even cheaper at Costco but I was lazy and wanted it NOW!

15-06-2009
trendsetter

^Oh hm I might have to check Costco out then. hehe

15-06-2009
backstage pass

Let me know how much it costs in costco.

15-06-2009
backstage pass

I know this has probably been discussed, but I've stayed away from Latisse because of the possibility of eye color change.

I know that no one experienced it in the trial, and it only happens if you get it in your eye, but it still freaks me out

15-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav_ View Post
I know this has probably been discussed, but I've stayed away from Latisse because of the possibility of eye color change.

I know that no one experienced it in the trial, and it only happens if you get it in your eye, but it still freaks me out
This can only happen to green and I think also grey eyes but not blue. It's very very rare even if you do get it in your eye and it's pretty easy to keep it out of your eyes so I dont think you have anything to worry about.

15-06-2009
This is the Renaissance

Yeah, the eye color thing is weird. I'm not really worried about it for some reason. It was apparently a very rare occurrence for people who use the Glaucoma version and they put the stuff into their eyes like eyedrops.

My biggest regret is that I didn't take any "before" pictures. Has anyone watched the videos of that girl on YouTube? She's been keeping a video log of sorts and her lashes are really long. She's also been using another similar product. (Sorry, I don't have the link, but you'll find her with a search.)

15-06-2009
V.I.P.

I feel the same way - I wish I had taken a before!

15-06-2009
front row

I read that your grown eyelashes can fall out once you stop using latisse. So does that mean you have to just keep using it forever!

16-06-2009
V.I.P.

Your lashes shed naturally - I think it's around every 30-45 days. So the new longer lashes will shed and your natural ones will grow back in if you stop using latisse. You can maintain results using latisse every other day once they reach full length.

21-06-2009
V.I.P.

Has anyone noticed a drying of their lashes after Latisse? Mine are longer but I feel like they are drier. I will have to condition them somehow.

Also, all Latisse is is repackaged Lumigan. If you can't go to the Dr or the Dr won't give it to you, you can order from online pharmacies. At one of the, the Lumigan is $12.76 a bottle (but shipping is $24)....Just a thought.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eye, growth, lash