How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2008
Midnight blooms.........

Hey guys, I have a friend who had a botched eyelash extension and wants to know how to take them off without losing eyelashes! The salon are refusing to deal with her and the glue is so thick she can't close her eyes properly!
Thanks girls

04-12-2008
windowshopping

I've been using Mavala Eye-Lite Double Lash and I see an improvement.

05-12-2008
fashion insider

I have fairly long lashes, and I use castor oil and a little vaseline on my eyelashes.

My question is, is there anything I can do to prevent what seems to be shedding? This happens in the winter, and I am trying to prevent eyelash loss

05-12-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
Don't wear ANY mascara for a month. Mascara makes your eyelashes brittle. You must care for your eye-region at this time. Make sure you get enough sleep, so your body can regenerate. Drink lots of water too.
I don't wear mascara almost ever, and it's definitely helped!

05-12-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasscam View Post
Hey guys, I have a friend who had a botched eyelash extension and wants to know how to take them off without losing eyelashes! The salon are refusing to deal with her and the glue is so thick she can't close her eyes properly!
Thanks girls

That's pretty rude of them. They could at least offer some advice on how to take off the lashes if they weren't willing to do it for her. I read that when you get eyelash extensions, you should not take off your makeup with an oil-based remover because it can break down the glue used to attach your lashes. Perhaps your friend could give that a try.

08-12-2008
trendsetter

Has anyone here used the Talika Eyelash Conditioning Gel? If so, how was it?

27-01-2009
backstage pass

Ok, anybody using talika, caster oil, revitalash or janmarini plz give me ur testimonial on these products?? Some ppl say they've got results from talika here on this thread..but ALOT of others say they see none. Is it eyelash growth that you're seeing or just .. thickening of the lash wen u put it on before mascara. I would think if u put ne oil on ur lashes or even vaseline before u apply mascara... surely it would look thicker b/c u've got loads of products stuck on ur lashes.

revitalash is soo expensive. I was thinking of getting them on ebay..but i hate paying for things im afraid just turn out to b fake. Plz let me know guys!!! My eyelashes are terribly thin...and they only get thinner.

28-01-2009
scenester

Talika didn't help me at all. Castor oil did nothing either. I wish there was somthing that would make my eyelashes stronger/longer more beautiful

28-01-2009
fashion insider

Latisse is the first and only FDA approved lash treatment.

http://www.latisse.com/Default.aspx?return=true

Check out the before and afters

28-01-2009
backstage pass

ok but i dont trust any websites.. aren't all the lash growth products now fda approved?

I like real feedback from real ppl. Websites can photoshop their pics and give fake testimonials.

02-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhphan View Post
ok but i dont trust any websites.. aren't all the lash growth products now fda approved?

I like real feedback from real ppl. Websites can photoshop their pics and give fake testimonials.
You may have to wait a little while. Apparently, it just became publicly available January 26, 2009.

04-02-2009
windowshopping

i am currently using ardell brow & lash grow accelerator, and even though i don't see any changes in the length of my lashes, there are definitely more of them and they look fuller.
i've been using it for about a month and a half now: i apply it before bedtime & in the morning as a primer under my mascara.
i heard it's not FDA-approved so it might be hard to get this product in the States,
but it's available in Canada.

04-02-2009
backstage pass

we should all take before and after pics!!! I think i might try ardell.. but i 'd have to wait till i get my own credit card to buy the other expensive stuff... ma dad would kill me if i buy such nonsense stuff for experimentation.

04-02-2009
backstage pass

oo by the way.. where did u get ur ardell in toronto?

07-02-2009
This is the Renaissance

One of my Mom's best friends has Glaucoma which is what the active ingredient in Latisse was orginally used for.

As a side effect her eyelashes grew so long that she had to CUT them. Seriously. I've seen her eyelashes.

It probably won't do that for everyone (or me), but I got on my dermatologist's waiting list for when Latisse comes in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturierdiva View Post
Latisse is the first and only FDA approved lash treatment.

http://www.latisse.com/Default.aspx?return=true

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eye, growth, lash