How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-01-2006
windowshopping

eye makeup for blue-grey eyes / pale skin???
i have no clue how to do my makeup! I have dirty-blonde hair, blue-grey eyes (on the small side), and pale skin! If you have ANY ideas on how to do ANY makeup (eyes, cheeks, face, lips) PLEASE HELP ME!!! I love to look perfect and healthy and i NEED SOME HELP! thank you! If you have any good ideas,
PLEASE EMAIL ME: sparklexglisten@cs.com

THANK YOU TO WHOMEVER HELPS!

14-01-2006
windowshopping

To accentuate blue eyes, you use gold/brown eyeshadows.

For smaller eyes you shouldnt use dark colours heavily, this will make them seem smaller.

The only way to get really good at doing your own make-up is to practice!

I hope this helps

14-01-2006
scenester

hi
I'm absolutely agree

15-01-2006
windowshopping

thanks so much! I tried the brown...and wow.it looks good! thanks so much to both of you and anyone else with tips!

26-01-2006
front row

<---- blue eyes and pale skin

i use mac's honeylust

backstage pass

Location: Second or Third Circle of Hell, depending on the day
I have really similar colouring to you and here's what I do - play around and you'll eventually find what suits you best

Eyes: golden browns with a warm brown eyeliner. Black eyeliner is too severe on me. I usually use a darker brown eyeshadow applied with a damp slanted brush. Coppery coloured liners on a light brown shadow seem to make my eyes really blue. Check the thread on blue eyes for pictures of shades

Cheeks: Peach doesn't suit me. I have a lot of pink in my skin so I use a light pink like Benefit Dandelion as my blush (even though it's technically not a blush). YSL's Touche Blush in the baby pink is lovely and makes my cheekbones really stand out. It's not garish, even though the colour is vivid in the jar.

(sephora.com and strawberrynet.com)

Lips: I'm not a fan of dark lips on pale skin, so I just use a gloss or lipstick that's a shade or two darker than my natural lips. Too pale and my lips just fade into my face.

Face: whatever you do, make sure that your foundation matches your skin perfectly. You're supposed to match it to your face, but my face is darker than my neck and salesgirls have made me look clownish, like my face and neck are from different people's bodies! So my advice would be to take the colouring of your neck and decolletage into account when buying foundation.

hope this helps! This is all v natural makeup but if you're only starting off you don't want to be attempting couture makeup!

Last edited by rainglow; 28-01-2006 at 09:16 AM.
28-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoesntloveme
I have dirty-blonde hair, blue-grey eyes (on the small side), and pale skin!
whoa - u sound exactly like me

28-01-2006
tfs star

i copy these looks
(superiorpics)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reese1441op copy.jpg (175.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Witherspoon88297287.jpg (46.8 KB, 9 views)

02-02-2006
fashion elite

^ ill try those. Thanks for posting

02-02-2006
tfs star

^my pleasure - glad u liked them

03-01-2009
rising star

I have blue eyes and reddybrown hair...see my avatar...anyone got any advice on whether i'd look good with really dark brown hair...bit bored of my current look...(I tan well btw) Please help
xx

Meg
inspired contemplation

do you have pale skin as well?! Is that why you are posting in this thread? Sorry...just confused...

I also have blue-grey eyes and pale skin (with pink undertones) though my hair color is a true auburn. Though this is an old thread, I agree with the above posters. I use a lot of orange/copper and browns but I do use black eyeliner (though my mascara is a dark brown). I use a bright pink eyeshadow as my blush (I put it on with my fingers) as I think it gives my cheeks the best flushed look.

If this is the color combo you have and you want to go to a darker hair color, it really depends on the shade. Once in high school I went darker and it really brought out the color in my skin and everyone commented how much more 'alive' I looked (ah the good ol' backhanded compliment). About two years ago I went darker again, but the color didn't have the same depth and while it looked alright, it didn't bright color to my face and without that element, it really wasn't worth it.

04-01-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
do you have pale skin as well?! Is that why you are posting in this thread? Sorry...just confused...

I also have blue-grey eyes and pale skin (with pink undertones) though my hair color is a true auburn. Though this is an old thread, I agree with the above posters. I use a lot of orange/copper and browns but I do use black eyeliner (though my mascara is a dark brown). I use a bright pink eyeshadow as my blush (I put it on with my fingers) as I think it gives my cheeks the best flushed look.

If this is the color combo you have and you want to go to a darker hair color, it really depends on the shade. Once in high school I went darker and it really brought out the color in my skin and everyone commented how much more 'alive' I looked (ah the good ol' backhanded compliment). About two years ago I went darker again, but the color didn't have the same depth and while it looked alright, it didn't bright color to my face and without that element, it really wasn't worth it.

yup I have pale skin as well....thank you Meg xx

In Bloom

I find that a cool pink blush, dark brown eyeliner on the upper waterline and black mascara brings out the colour of my eyes...I'm not an eye shadow person, really.

we were in love

10-01-2009
trendsetter

I couldn't find the appropriate thread for my question, but since I have blue eyes I'll just ask here ...
I'm searching for a gold eyeshadow, could someone recommend some brands?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bluegrey, eye, eyes, makeup, pale, skin