How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2004
fashion insider

Hi everyone, uhm my first topic (i'm not very good at making these so please bear with me).

I've been reading through the forum, and have found some good tips about eyemakeup etc. However, whenever I try, I end up looking like wednesday addams (no offence to christina ricci). My eyes have a lot of white, they're rather 'starey', and as a result, any time I put on eyemakeup, I really look dead, or it makes the whites of my eyes look gre y or yellow.

Its really frustrating because i'd love to be able to pull off things like the "smokey" effect, but I think my eyes are the wrong shape.

Does anybody have any views about certain shape eyes not being able to do certain looks? Also, does anybody have any tips for certain looks I could wear, such as evening, day....etc.

I should probably post a pic of my eyes *groan* they're so nasty. Any tips would really be appreciated! Okay..maybe one eye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eyeseeyou.jpg (9.6 KB, 58 views)

15-11-2004
Storm & Sommer

Honestly what I would do is visit a major make-up brand, like MAC where half the sales assistances are qualified make-up artists as well..ask for an appointment, and tell them what you're having problems applying, ask them to explain what they do thoroughly. It doesn't cost that much and if you buy a product they will deduct the price of the session.
How one applies eyeshadow is so individual, and also depends on ones other facial features (like wether ones eyes are deep set, close set or wide apart).

pinterest : hanneonpin
15-11-2004
fashion insider

Well...we don't have a MAC over here (i'm in the UK), I have been to various stands in the local boots, such as benefit, but hardly anybody is a qualified beautician....so I have never really come away with any good advice.....

Also nobody has managed to categorise my face shape, whether my eyes are close together , far apart, whether my jaw is square or heart shaped etc etc. Its just such a pain.

15-11-2004
Storm & Sommer

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/door/finder.tmpl

There are several Mac counters in the UK 32 places to be exact.

Don't be discouraged, you just need to find a make up artist who knows what she/he is doing

15-11-2004
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally posted by misssakura@Nov 15 2004, 05:34 PM
Well...we don't have a MAC over here (i'm in the UK), I have been to various stands in the local boots, such as benefit, but hardly anybody is a qualified beautician....so I have never really come away with any good advice.....

Also nobody has managed to categorise my face shape, whether my eyes are close together , far apart, whether my jaw is square or heart shaped etc etc. Its just such a pain.
[snapback]432766[/snapback]
I know hoe to categorize face shapes and eye distance (i am a make up artist), if you want, send me a pic of your face with your hair pulled back (to see the whole hairline) and looking forward, and i can give you some help.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by sofialuv@Nov 15 2004, 06:56 PM
I know hoe to categorize face shapes and eye distance (i am a make up artist), if you want, send me a pic of your face with your hair pulled back (to see the whole hairline) and looking forward, and i can give you some help.
[snapback]432807[/snapback]

Eee....photos of me.....scary! I'll see if I can find one for tomorrow, too tired for now though.....

15-11-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanne@Nov 15 2004, 06:51 PM
http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/door/finder.tmpl

There are several Mac counters in the UK 32 places to be exact.

Don't be discouraged, you just need to find a make up artist who knows what she/he is doing
[snapback]432797[/snapback]

Yeah I don't live near any of those

16-11-2004
stories everywhere

hmmm your eyes are very pretty. unusual color and shape. capitalize on your eye color, maybe use some red-violets, violets, navys, bronzes and golds. maybe a smokey eye isn't for you.

maybe just use a liquid eyeliner on the top outer edge of your eye and some metallic gold shimmer shadow on the inner corner of your eye.

If you want to go dark and dramatic, line right by your lashes on the top and sweep a dark (maybe eggplant or plum?) shadow on the lid, feathering off. If your shadow tends to smudge and give you circles or Elvira look after awhile, consider using a setting liquid like Benefit's Shelac.

good luck!

Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Nov 16 2004, 05:24 AM
If your shadow tends to smudge and give you circles or Elvira look after awhile, consider using a setting liquid like Benefit's Shelac.

good luck!
[snapback]433881[/snapback]
Shelac..tho' I only use it as a setter for eyeliner.

23-05-2010
windowshopping

Ur eyes are the same shape as mine we have big downturned eyes. I have problems with smokey makeup and what i do is apply the eyeshadow with my eyes open and to the outer corner of my eye and going upwards to lift my eye. Our shape looks most beautiful with eyeliner but is a matter of practise to learn what looks good on you. Hope this helped you a little

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eye, shape