How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2006
backstage pass

eyebrow pencil shade for black/dark hair???
just colored my hair black..n my current eyebrow pencil doesnt seem to match anymore..im using clarins lightest brown although its not really light.. anyway, i was wondering if anyone could help me identify what color lindsay is using now since my hair is as black as hers now, sori i cant upload photos i guess something's wrong with the system again.. anyway, would really appreciate it.. or maybe u can suggest a color that would suit black hair? thanks!

06-04-2006
backstage pass

here's the pics..can anyone tell me what eyebrow shade she's using? would really appreciate it thanks!

06-04-2006
backstage pass

Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled3.JPG (62.7 KB, 6 views)

06-04-2006
|/mirror queen\|

I recommend you getting the Yves Saint Laurent Eyebrow Enhancer Duo

First you apply the colour (foamy end brush) that adds colour and enhances it, and then the mascara wand, that fixes the color and tames the brows.
It really darkens them and fixes!

backstage pass

is it easy to use? looks like for experts only hehe

any other recs?

06-04-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Its so easy!!! Just go to a counter and try it!

windowshopping

This is my thread!!! You have to be carefull with black pencils- because they sometimes wear down to a blueish or purpleish hue- I use MAC 'Velvetone' eyebrow pencil- it is not quite coal/ink black but a lush smokey black- it is beautiful easy to use and dead on for my brows- (not quite black hair) I sometimes use Lancome's Gris Noir pencil wich is the only charcoal grey color pencil I have ever found- it is perfect- I can use the MAC one for more dark black looking brows that look completely natural or for a 'lighter' look I use the Lancome- the Lancome on me is like the equivalent of the Lindsaey picture, like the brows are a shade lighter- try it you won't be dissatisfied!!!

07-04-2006
Fierce Flava

Depends how light your brows are...you might look odd with black brows with so light of a hair.

But, I reccomend the same as SofiaLuvs or a korean brand like Laneige I guess is the most common...their brow pencils are really good for some reason...I use the dark brown and my friend with light brown brows uses the same too with her new darker hair.

07-04-2006
backstage pass

my brows r black as well coz my natural hair is black..but had highlights a few months ago and now its really black coz i dyed it again...so u think the ysl duo is nice? but i need defining as well would that the job or is pencil better?

07-04-2006
backstage pass

i second MAC Velvetone, i have black brows and using black eyepencil looks just plain wrong, Velvetone is a very dark brown that makes brows looking fuller. well lilo's brows also look odd since it's basically a black pencil bow drawn into her lighter browhair

09-04-2006
rising star

use powder it works really nice. i like the ones from benefit (i forget what its called)

i have black brows and really dark hair so i tend to use grey eyepencil and it works really well.

rising star

use powder it works really nice. i like the ones from benefit (i forget what its called)

i have black brows and really dark hair so i tend to use grey eyepencil and it works really well.

xx

when my hair is dark brown, i like mac mulch eyeshadow cuz its not black, its a dark brown with grey tones so it looks natural. when my hair is lighter(which is right now) i use mac romp eyeshadow, its a gold medium brown

16-04-2006
backstage pass

i finished an awesome dark brown eyebrow liner... but couldn't find it again.
so in desperation grabbed a Bonne Bell Espresso Eyeliner = perfect!

i agree black eyebrow liners can give a freaky blue tinge
so this super-dark bitter chocolate colour just turned out to be perfect for me... i've got darkest-brown hair --- so dark that it looks black.

cheap and easy and good match.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black or dark, eyebrow, hair, pencil, shade