How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ WOW. Now that's what I call royal blue... what a gorgeous color...

07-08-2006
backstage pass

I love the pics she's in fashion!! The blue eyeliner is amazing!!

08-08-2006
backstage pass

I am in love with my Avon liquid liner, its like a pen and its soo easy to use.
If you ever had problems with not having a steady hand its a really good product.

I use MAC Kohl liner alot also its really good for blending. Im dark skinned so usually most of my liners are black, does anyone know of any other colors that would be pretty on darker skin?

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
08-08-2006
trendsetter

I've seen kohl brought up a few times in this thread. I am just looking for nice black kohl liner. Simple but does the job. I tried Lancome's le crayon in black ebony @ Nordstrom yesterday and it was good but around $21 which isn't outrageous but is it really worth it? I mean does the product have anything that cheaper ones don't do? The MAC Kohl liner is only like $13 and $14 for the automatic sharpening style but I didn't test it. I just went to the supermarket today and bought the Rimmel Kajal Kohl liner in jet black. It was less than $4. It seems ok but does anyone know if the price difference in kohl liners means anything besides paying for a brand? Tia!

Also I just want to comment on another liner. I really like Physician's Formula felt tip eye marker for a liquid liner look. It is soooo easy to apply and stays on very well. Less smearing than some other liquids I've used even if you cry or rub your eyes. I can do the normal liquid kind but this is so easy so I can do it fast! http://www.physiciansformula.com/det...&categorid=103

fashion insider

I love MAC Engraved

12-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
I'll be honest, it's not the smoothest going on... but that's when you heat it up just a bit with a hair dryer to soften the tip.

I still sit on my recommendation. It's a great way to experiment with new colors.
Thanks for the tip! It's cheap anyway so yeah, I've got a couple to play around with but guess what ... I've not yet tried them! I've got too much new make up waiting to be tried ...

13-08-2006
elementary.

post #147!
my trademark eyeliner . . liquid always.
slick, dark & intense. all the way from where the lashes start to the outer corner.
definitely makes my eyes look bigger & more rounded.
if i want more of a cat eye then i only line the outer half of my eye . .

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 13-08-2006 at 09:02 AM.
21-11-2006
front row

i don't know if i should start a new thread on this...but i want to purchase a gel/cream brush on eyeliner and want to know if you guys can recommend one

i'm debating between MAC fluidline, Stila smudgepot, Bobbi Brown gel liner and I've heard good thing about Clinique's new brush on cream liner. A lower price would certainly be good, but i want the best one out there. If anyone has tried 2 or more of the brands above, i'd appreaciate if you can comment.

Do these types of formulas dry up in the pot quickly? I have dark brown eyes (i'm chinese) so i'm wondering what colour would look good..possibly a dark grey or plum.

Thanks!

21-11-2006
ele
rising star

this is a question about application - i want to know how to apply my liner on the inside top lid without it going onto the bottom inside lid ! if i put it not on the inside of the top lid and line just above the eyelashes it looks very obvious ! please help !

26-12-2006
scenester

Does anyone know what a "Cake eyeliner" is and what are the brands that makes them?

26-12-2006
windowshopping

I use Chanel cake eyeliner. It comes in a compact and is half blue and half black. It comes with a little brush to apply it with. (it looks like a double eyeshadow.)
It's pretty simply - wet the brush, fill the brush with eyeliner and apply...
You have to be able to apply eyeliner perfectly though because it's more for professional use.

scenester

is it creamy like mac's fluidline?

26-12-2006
front row

You can use any densely pigmented eyeshadow as eyeliner if you have an eyeliner brush, a flat or angled brush, or a fine lip brush. I do, and it works just fine.

19-01-2007
Distract Me...

Kohl/Staying power
I love how indian/arabic women do their eye makeup - when they wear kohl around the eyes during the day without looking overdone.

What kohl pencil's are best to use (I'd especially be interested hearing from indian/arabic members)?
More importantly, what has the best staying power?
Whenever I use liquid or pencil eyeliner it usually smudges and disappears within an hour!

front row

I'm really trying to get over my dependency on eye-liner. That sounds really dramatic and ridiculous, but honestly, I feel disgusting if I don't wear it. When I see myself, though, at the end of the day, I hate how it looks. I don't really even like it after I put it one. I think what I need to do is stop wearing black.

I have pale skin, dark brown hair, and orangey-brown eyes. I have no idea what eye-liner color I should use.

I have tried a dark purple color which didn't look half bad. I don't like brown. I feel like it washes me out. I don't think I've ever tried a dark grey though. Hmm... Any suggestions?

I always use a twist eye-liner, and it goes on so thick without tons of effort and lots of redo. I'm really consider switching over to a pencil so I can always sharpen it for a pin point tip.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeliner