How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1karina1
I love how indian/arabic women do their eye makeup - when they wear kohl around the eyes during the day without looking overdone.

What kohl pencil's are best to use (I'd especially be interested hearing from indian/arabic members)?
More importantly, what has the best staying power?
Whenever I use liquid or pencil eyeliner it usually smudges and disappears within an hour!
I was just thinking about it!! and was ready to post inquiry about a staying power of a really dark black kohl...my sister told me that Mac has dark black kohl but it smudges easily and disappears...would appreciate if someone could give us input about a a dark black kohl.

01-02-2007
trendsetter

wanna know something funny? I actually had a dream about eyeliner last night, lol.

Personally, I don't like liquid. Too hard to apply, IMO.

trendsetter

^ i remember that if i want to apply my liquid liner, i usually use pencil liner to trace out the way i want the line to be and then use my liquid one to trace over it a very paranoid and persice way

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyladybones
I'm really trying to get over my dependency on eye-liner. That sounds really dramatic and ridiculous, but honestly, I feel disgusting if I don't wear it. When I see myself, though, at the end of the day, I hate how it looks. I don't really even like it after I put it one. I think what I need to do is stop wearing black.

I have pale skin, dark brown hair, and orangey-brown eyes. I have no idea what eye-liner color I should use.

I have tried a dark purple color which didn't look half bad. I don't like brown. I feel like it washes me out. I don't think I've ever tried a dark grey though. Hmm... Any suggestions?

I always use a twist eye-liner, and it goes on so thick without tons of effort and lots of redo. I'm really consider switching over to a pencil so I can always sharpen it for a pin point tip.
ummm.... (i have black-brown hair, pale skin and mid-light brown eyes that is a lil bit on the yellow-green-ash side: i love espresso tone and i wanna try peachy/copper tone or purple eyeliner )
apparently i never try these colour on myself before, but i suggest:
  • olive (it make the orange pop, i guess? and it will look quite natural too),
  • electric blue/sapphire blue/teal (more colourful choice and there should be a wide selection of this type of tone),
  • toiquise/aqua/lime/teal green (should look really fresh on pale complexion),
  • copper/gold/champange (skin-tone-friendly metallics and probably it will create a monotone).
  • anything on the grayscale (black,white, silver, chorcoal, etc), as long it can bland into ur skin nicely, it should work quite nicely too.
  • If you want a purple one, it might be better if u pick somthing with bluetone
have fun trying them, and tell me how is it, ok?

Last edited by jjbunny79; 01-02-2007 at 09:51 PM.
02-02-2007
trendsetter

^does that really work lining your eye with the pencil first? I bought liquid a while ago to experiment, but threw it out because I couldn't get it to look nice.

trendsetter

^ it is like colouring, the reason u fill the line with pencil one first is because u can trace it afterward... and use it as a guideline.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceGirl
is it creamy like mac's fluidline?
No, it's not at all 'creamy' it looks more like a matt eyeshadow while it's in the palette.

trendsetter

Quote:
^does that really work lining your eye with the pencil first? I bought liquid a while ago to experiment, but threw it out because I couldn't get it to look nice.
I would also recommend that.

When I use liquid, I sometimes just go really slow. I put little dabs on at a time, and somehow it all goes in a straight line. But I find it looks more natural when you just put it in the base of your lashes.

Or else you can get it wet and smooth it over with your fingers or a Q-tip.

12-02-2007
trendsetter

^ well pavement basically explain the thing, the idea of it is like colouring book: one u know the outline, you know how to not go over board.

trendsetter

^yeah, pavement made sense in what she said

tfs star

I'm just started using eyeliner this year. I love Loreal's liquid liner

blog: http://pascommedesenfants.blogspot.com
19-06-2007
fashion elite

i personally use pencil, Lorac makes really awesome eyeliners of sorts, and they're really good. If you've got sensitive eyes, be careful of liquid liner because it can irritate easily. Before you use a pencil liner, warm it between (clean) fingers for a few seconds so it'll apply easier.

EDIT: You can also get pressed eyeshadow and a slanted, thin, eye brush and line your lids with that, i do that too.

20-06-2007
backstage pass

I don't usually wear liquid eyeliner, what I do is put eyeshadow of different colours with an angled brush. It looks more natural and I love it when it's blended with other eyeshadows.

For a more glamorous look, I prefer eyeliner. I had one from Dior (that I think that now is discontinued ) that was like a pencil and it was great, but not for everybody, as you need to have a very good pulse.

20-06-2007
fashion elite

^^ thats what i mean, angled brush!! thanks lol.

20-06-2007
backstage pass

I am arabic and love black kohl and I always try to make it look "natural" and effortless.. my trick is to line the inside of my eye with black and line around the eye with a greyish black pencil.. IMO it makes the look less harsh and more natural... my staples r MAC eye kojl in Smolder (black), and MAC eye kojl in Phone Number (a nice deep shiny grey). This is my basic eye makeup and when I want to 'vamp' things up I add eyeshadow in shades of bronze, plum, grey or blue.

trendsetter

^ thanks for the recommenation, i will try phone number sometimes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeliner