How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-06-2007
tfs star

I just love Angelinaīs liner I donīt know how she does always sooooo well and itīs like permanent.

Tips?

28-06-2007
front row

About the kohl: I believe in this month's Jane magazine there's an article about Egyptian kohl. She went to a shop in Egypt where they do everything by hand (and they have a website too! http://www.nefertaribodycare.com/index.htm). It's all natural, so you're not putting nasty chemicals and preservatives on your face, a downside to make up that I'd never really thought about before--make up like greasy potato chips. But it makes sense when I think about it. They applied some of their kohl to her eyes and she said it lasted all day.

I'm very tempted to get some, but I already have so much eyeliner and it seems so much hassle to ship it overseas. The article also said that Clarins is coming out with a kohl-based formula soon. I'm keeping my eye out for that.

02-07-2007
trendsetter

Does anyone here only ever just line the tops or just the bottom lids? I only line my bottom ones. Mascara makes my uber long top lashes look over done if applied with liner, too.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyladybones View Post
I'm really trying to get over my dependency on eye-liner. That sounds really dramatic and ridiculous, but honestly, I feel disgusting if I don't wear it. When I see myself, though, at the end of the day, I hate how it looks. I don't really even like it after I put it one. I think what I need to do is stop wearing black.
I've become a little dependent on eye liner myself, I've used so frequently that I don't like how I look without it. I think I look rather tired actually

08-07-2007
front row

Has anyone ever heard of Styli-Style? A couple people recommended this to me because I wanted an eyeliner that didn't fade or smudge or budge, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Last edited by mousquerader; 08-07-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: forgot a word
08-07-2007
catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228 View Post
Does anyone here only ever just line the tops or just the bottom lids? I only line my bottom ones. Mascara makes my uber long top lashes look over done if applied with liner, too.

I only line the top of my eye lids if at all. I feel like a racoon if I line the entire eye

scenester

does anyone know how i can achieve this look?

08-07-2007
V.I.P.

I use this Stila eyeliner. Its like eyeshadow and eyeliner in one. I have the brown color because i have green eyes and i think it brings out my eyes better then black. I highly recommend this eyeliner...its the best i've ever tried.

(stilacosmetics.com)

08-07-2007
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
I only line the top of my eye lids if at all. I feel like a racoon if I line the entire eye
I think the strick it to smudge it a bit, then, so it's not a fine line... if you're going to do the entire eye. Works for me when I decide to do the bottom in addition to the top.

08-07-2007
rising star

personally I don't like eyeliner.. I thinks it looks really good on some people but I'd rather just put some dark green/black eye shadow with a thin m.a.c. brush on the outside of the eye.. Love the smoky look

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by She____atomizes View Post

does anyone know how i can achieve this look?
Use liquid liner or bobbi brown gel eye liner (this is my favorite liner). Theres not much else to it other than to just be really steady and careful when putting it on

09-07-2007
rising star

Bobbi Brown is the best!

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

since its summer now and its like 87-105 degrees in Cali where i live, i get so lazy with makeup especially eyeliner. i hate it when its not perfect!! about a month ago i got Chanel pencil liner in Ambre which i think is the lightest brown they make with a slight red to it but you cant really tell. it goes on really well but i think im going to go back to my MAC Teddy Kohl, i miss the shimmer!

09-07-2007
trendsetter

^makeup is so frustrating in the summer, aint it? Everything melts off

fashion elite

ooh oohh ohh pick me!!

i just got urban decay 24/7 eye glide eyeliner (or whatever) and it seriously does stay on all day! its like a bloody 100 fugging degrees here in nyc and ive been out all day yet it stays one and doesnt smudge, crease, or anything!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeliner