How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2004
tgp
fashion elite

if you want waterproof eyeliner-Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof pencils are the way to go-nothing is better

04-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by enrichi+Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:20 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(enrichi @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:20 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-darseen@Oct 6th, 2003 - 12:57 pm
Another way of using liquid eyeliner is to to use BOTH liquid and pencil. I line the inner rims with a pencil first (between the lashes) and make it a little bit thick. Then I go over it with a liquid liner. All you have to do is follow the line. For the top eye lid another way to have a striaght line with a liquid eyeliner is to pull your eyelid from the side, making it a bit elongated, and then run the liquid eyeliner along the lid with one single stroke. If it comes out to thin, then go over it again. One single stroke will make a more even line. If your hands get shaky, even out the line with a Q-tip dipped in eyeliner remover, but be careful not to smudge your line.
This is usually what I do. I find that it's easier to get right into the lashes with a pencil, then i finish the look with liquid. I'm not sure if it's me but if I use just a liquid, I'll often have to go over and get into the lashes anyway, because it just doesn't look right, almost like there are tiny gaps at the lashline. If you're having steadiness of hand issues, I usually rest the base of my hand/my wrist against the side of my chin or my jaw/cheek.

[/b][/quote]
Thanks for the liquid liner tips enrichi. I bought myself a liquid liner a couple of months ago, but I could never get it to look the way I wanted. It kept going crooked on me and I eventually just gave up on it. Maybe I'll give it another shot now.

19-06-2004
windowshopping

how do you guys apply liner on the bottom without smudging it? i use crayon, and it always gets smudged after a few hours. do you apply it above or below the lower lashes?

20-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by sassyredgirl@Jun 19th, 2004 - 4:09 pm
how do you guys apply liner on the bottom without smudging it? i use crayon, and it always gets smudged after a few hours. do you apply it above or below the lower lashes?
I think you might want to change to a different liner?

I have pretty watery eyes but have never had a problem with Rimmel Kohl or Chanel Kohl smudging/fading

20-06-2004
tgp
fashion elite

agree-you need another linr. Try Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof-they never smudge.

20-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by tgp+Oct 6th, 2003 - 9:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tgp @ Oct 6th, 2003 - 9:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Sep 30th, 2003 - 5:51 pm
has anyone seen uma on the cover of entertainment?
her makeup is perfect.... i can NEVER achieve the look she has going... if anyone has seen that cover let me know how you get eyes to look like that, not over done on the bottom.... i always go too heavy and does anyone use liquid on the bottom?
One trick I use for lining the bottom is to line them nice and thick first so that you get a good even line. Then dip a Q-tip into eye makeup remover, dab off the excess remover onto a tissue, and use the Q-tip to gently thin out the liner. With just a little practice, you can get a perfect, thin but dark line. At the end I use the other end of the Q-tip to put loose powder under the liner to absorb any left over remover. [/b][/quote]
This is how I get a perfect thin line as well. I think Q-Tips have to be one of the most useful make-up tools there are

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Alliecat@Sep 26th, 2003 - 6:43 am
Ok - I've used eye liner before, usually liquid but dont have any at the mo and want the look. So am thinking of using powder. What is the best way to apply it (wet or dry) and where to. Have nice eyes with long lashes but am lackig inspiration. Can anyone help???
I find it stays on longer and goes on better when the powder is wet.

I also apply it thinly but on the inside (on the part that closest to touching the eye ball)

You can use any color that you like! I use metalic purples, pinks, greys, bright blues. They all look great.

Just have fun with it

20-06-2004
windowshopping

I always use LANCÔME's "ARLINER",

Is very easy to use

20-06-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:56 am
I think this look is fabulous! (From House of Jazz)
I think it looks scarry though

rising star

i wanna learn how to do cat eyes but i cant i tried wit liquid and i looked like i got punched in the face llol

07-06-2005
V.I.P.

Inky Eyes
Eyeliner is key this season. Black is the best bet for the Sixties-influenced thick line with the all-important flick on the outside corner that gives it a modern edge. Think Prada and Blumarine's spring/summer 2003 shows and pray for a steady hand. Pencils allow for more mistakes than the more unforgiving felt-tip and liquid liners, but if you really can't get it right, start by making a template to draw around on each lid.

source: vogue.co.uk

Post some inspiring pictures

Last edited by MissAnia; 07-06-2005 at 02:42 PM.
07-06-2005
windowshopping

I love this style and have been doing it everyday for at least a year...it's still kinda difficult. Here's what I'm wearing today:

(Ahh, the pictures were too small as attachments. Sorry if they're hard to see or blurry - I suck at camera)

Makeup:
MAC Liquid Liner in Boot Black
MAC Eyeshadow in Aquadisiac
MAC Eyeshadow in Sushi Flower
MAC Eyeshadow in Chrome Yellow
And sweat...it's 95+ degrees today

Last edited by dotcommie; 07-06-2005 at 05:49 PM.
08-06-2005
V.I.P.

awww you look pretty nice make-up, really !!!

08-06-2005
backstage pass

These are from Elle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (22.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 2a.jpg (22.0 KB, 454 views)

Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Alexander McQueen

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeliner