How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-10-2005
front row

I just bought the Prestige liquid eyeliner in Azure. It was $4.79 (USD) though I've seen if for $2.99 in other places. I'm not particularly great at applying liquid liner but I was really able to get a neat straight line on my first try. It's an opaque dark dark blue color and the tip of the brush is firm, which I think makes it easy for liner newbies like myself to apply. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase.

The brand is just a drugstore brand most if not all of the items are under $10.

27-10-2005
|/mirror queen\|

I find Loreal liners to be good too

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I haven't put much money into my eyeliners, but I want a BLACK black eyeliner. I just use Avon's gel pencils now, but the black isn't black enough. Does anybody have any recommendations?

04-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
I've used Bobbi Browns gel line and it's true. No matter if it's raining or if you're crying, that eyeliner doesn't smudge. But it's a nightmare when u try removing. I was wiping and wiping and wiping with my eye make up remover and still I woke up the morning after looking like a racoon from the little bit of eyeliner that was left.
I use it too and I love it. I prabably haven't seen my eyes absolutley free of dark liner for weeks though, it's true its very hard to remove completley. I gently wipe off the majority at night, but theres always a little bit right in the lash line which I have to scrub and scub to remove, and it cant be good for the eyes to scrub that much. I just leave it and paint over the tiny bit the next morning.

Although it sounds kind of bad, overall it's the best eyeliner I've tried, and I've tried lots.

04-11-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Lately i´ve been using a brown (real name colour) eyeliner and it´s great! The brush is nice, like a felt pen but nicer and lasts for hours without smudging it´s called SuperLiner.

What i love about it is that it looks black but without the harshness of black and it doesn´t look brown at the same time.
It dries really fast and it has a wet look that lasts even after dry.

I totally recommend it.

|/mirror queen\|

Forgot to say that it´s by Loreal

front row

I have really light skin and eyes, so can't go too obvious on eyeliner. But I have really dark hair, which benefits from some eyeliner. What works for me best - after trying a lot of types... is to have a very thin brush and use very dark cool brown powder eyeshadow. I put a drop of water on the shadow, swirl it around and then very carefully just touch the brush to the top of my lashes where they meet the skin.. and do that across the eye. I let the weight of the water kind of set the line.. you don't really see it above the lash line, it just flows kind of around your lashes (doesn't get in my eyes) and deposits the pigment. And dries very fast.

So that's it for me, *watercoloring* is what works.

06-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by trean
L'oreal liquid Eyeliner is good
ditto! i LOVE the Lineur Intense - BUT with the Bristle Brush - can't stand the felt brush.
This has been my HG for years - and it lasts so long (in the tube) and never ever smudges or creases!

Last edited by gruveechik; 06-11-2005 at 07:05 AM.
06-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
I haven't put much money into my eyeliners, but I want a BLACK black eyeliner. I just use Avon's gel pencils now, but the black isn't black enough. Does anybody have any recommendations?
gotta recommend L'oreal's Lineur Intense in Very Black (or whatever's their blackest black). i use the bristle brush version.. don't know if the felt tip is as black.

tfs star

DIor Style Liner is what people swear by. This is the next one I'm going to buy

fashion elite

Anyone got any recommendations for a superfantastic long lasting blue (or other funky coloured ..... people still say funky, right?) kohl liners? I keep getting bombarded by images of Anna Sui kohl liners, so I'm thinking of getting that, but there in lies a problem (or two):
a) I do not have a store that carries Anna Sui within a 400 mile radius
b) I have not tried them out, so I don't know how good they are
But yeah, any recommendation would be good, and it doesn't have to be high-ended brands, ANYTHING will do...

20-12-2005
backstage pass

I've got super fair skin and dark green eyes. They're a really wierd shape, very slanted and almond (much more so than even most asian eyes, but I have a crease!) I would like to wear eyeliner, but I can never find one that doesn't look super harsh on me, even brown and plum look harsh. Is there a smudgy soft liner anyone can reccomend for me?

21-12-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Have you tried using a pencil instead of a liquid liner.
Draw a line with a pencil and then smudge a bit using a Qtip.

With green eyes i would go for a brown or a grey, a metal grey would also look really nice. Lancome Khol is great!

backstage pass

^ yes, I only use pencil and I'll definitely look for the Khol when I go to sephora on my birthday! (2 days hehe)
Thanks!

24-12-2005
rising star

i have green eyes and chestnut brown hair..which is the best eyeliner colour that would suit me? ive tried black but i want to experiment with other colours but im worried theyll look bad on me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeliner