How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish
I have some of those but they are SO hard to get off...
even with makeup remover

I hardly use them because of that...
i second that! i accidentally bumped it against my cheek and it wouldnt come off even with two makeu removers!

26-05-2006
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
I think it stinks.
The colors are nice, but the pencil doesn't glide on smooth- you have to press really hard on your eyelid which isn't good...
I tried warming it up but that didn't help...
I just tossed mine.
Well.. I was curious.. so I had a friend bring me a Prestige waterproof kohl back home for me.. and I haven't experience the problems that you list.. it glides on smooth, stays put, and I haven't had to warm it up.. strange eh ?

26-05-2006
Deep Red Bells

Are we talking about the same Prestige? The kind at the drug store?
Maybe I just got a bad pencil then, I do only have one.

26-05-2006
Storm & Sommer

Yes Prestige from drugstores.. http://www.prestigecosmetics.com/main02.html

Maybe you bought the classical eyeliner or the automatic one (also waterproof) and not the one called waterproof eyeliner ?

It beats MACs powerpoint waterproof eyeliner imo.. no budging and cheaper.

26-05-2006
Deep Red Bells

You're right I have the classic eyeliner. It's bad, but you're right it's a cheap line so I think I'll try the formula you have.

13-06-2006
windowshopping

for the MAC's liner, did you use cleansing oil? I don't use Liquid liner that much, but when I did, I took it off with my friend's Shu Uemura Pure Cleansing oil, let it sit for about 30 seconds and gently wiped it off.

17-06-2006
windowshopping

I have never really had a problem with eyeliner. i dont know why really, i just took to it straight away, ever since i was young. i think one of the key things is to have quite a steady hand. i cant stand it when people have obviously put it on with a jerky hand and its all wobbly from where they have obviously crinkled up their eyes and the eyeliner hasnt gone in a straight line. Also, ive found never underline the whole of the bottom lid. makes the eyes look smaller for starters and also looks slightly cheap. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...entID=21487556
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 620639562_l.jpg (6.3 KB, 452 views)

18-06-2006
tfs star

I use also L'oreal eyeliner and I am pretty satisfied with it. It makes my eyes really deep. I have never worn eyeliner so I said I should give it a try and I am very happy that i bought one. I got inspiration from Angelina's first photo with the baby, with a simple look, eyeliner and some natural lipstick, very nice one.

18-06-2006
windowshopping

I don't bother using the brushes you get in the liquid eyeliner. Instead i use the no.8 Smashbox brush and i can get perfect lines with it. I also reccomend the Smashbox Offset which allows you to turn any eyeshadow into a liquid eyeliner.

18-06-2006
V.I.P.

Liquid eyeliner is my lifeline! I never used to go with strong eyes because kohl and powder used to just end up all over my face or worse, under my eyes as a makeshift do it yourself eyebag. I find that practice makes perfect. I am pretty good at it even though I say say myself :p My question is, does anyone know where I can get liquid eyeliner in lots and lots and lots of funky colours?

18-06-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Inspired by seeing a Wet 'n Wild $.99 liner in a magazine the other day, I bought a pretty green color today. Well worth a buck! The color is beautiful, like a sea green... and the quality isn't bad at all. I recommend!

18-06-2006
I loved you

Quote:
Benefit makes a big black kohl eyeliner called Bad Girl, I think...
it's VERY black.
Is it any good?

18-06-2006
V.I.P.

I LOVE (!!) bobbi brown gel eyeliner, it's the best

19-06-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Liquid eyeliner is my lifeline! I never used to go with strong eyes because kohl and powder used to just end up all over my face or worse, under my eyes as a makeshift do it yourself eyebag. I find that practice makes perfect. I am pretty good at it even though I say say myself :p My question is, does anyone know where I can get liquid eyeliner in lots and lots and lots of funky colours?
Urban Decay do a range of coloured glitter eyeliners. As far as i know they do green, electric blue, orange, silver and a darkbluish colour with multi coloured glitter.

Stargazer also do a range of coloured eyeliner. I remember seeing green, purple, pink and red but I'm sure there's more.

20-06-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks so much Vodka!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeliner