How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-12-2003
& b

Diorlight comes in fluid and powder foundation as well, its super light, and its the sheerest foundations from Dior Beaute, light reflecting and generous coverage. Also, I forgot to mention that Diorskin also comes in a pressed powder version, although is something very similar to the powder foundation, so, you may not like it. Diorskin Eclat Satin is the most recent foundations from Dior, revamping their oh so famous Eclat Satin. Again, its not matte

Here u go then, this is the Diorskin pressed powder

Eclat Satin

Just wanted to add the loose powder in the new packaging, which I think is gorgeous

02-12-2003
fashion insider

Thanks, Alejandro

I think I've seen the ones you posted in the pictures, but I don't think I've never noticed the Diorlight.
Anyway, just like what you said, there's nothing ever matte matte matte from Dior, so guess I really need to go for something else

14-12-2003
fashion insider

I got the Chanel Double Perfection Compact yesterday, and had it on today.
I have to say that it's disppointing
well...the good thing is: comparing to Diorskin compact, this one dose give me a matte finish that actually lasts for quite a while. but it just looks too powdery on, very flat and unnatural. and the color selection is lacking, I prefer my Diorskin color so much better and the texture of Diorskin is just so much better, really smooth, goes on almost invisible but gives a nice enough coverage for me. the Chanel DPC just makes me look like I'm all covered up by powder!

can somebody recommend me something else, please? a powder foundation that has the same texture and result as Diorskin compact, but has lasting matte finish. or something like that doesn't exist?!

14-12-2003
rising star

I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to foundations.. But Alex know this. Diorlight is . Meaning I hate a lot of coverage and this just goes perfectly smooth and subtle, yet offers coverage.

Also, Laura Mercier's compact foundation is great.

Sofia

16-12-2003
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by ribes@Dec 14th, 2003 - 9:12 am
I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to foundations.. But Alex know this. Diorlight is
My Dear Sofia where have you been

Diorlight, as I told you before MissPurple, is a very sheer, light-reflecting foundation, it doesn't cover up serious imperfections, but if you dont have them, it will look totally radiant and beautiful. Just tone it down with pressed powder, even though Diorlight is Oil Free, is not going to cause any excessive shine. If you are not willing to buy any other product, why don't you try Estee Lauder's Day Wear Plus? Is a tinted moisturizer that brings this absolute glow on skin, and it tints it very softly, giving you a radiant look 24-7. If you use it before the Chanel compact, this will counteract the powdery flat look.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro+Dec 16th, 2003 - 2:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Dec 16th, 2003 - 2:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ribes@Dec 14th, 2003 - 9:12 am
I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to foundations.. But Alex know this. Diorlight is
My Dear Sofia where have you been

Diorlight, as I told you before MissPurple, is a very sheer, light-reflecting foundation, it doesn't cover up serious imperfections, but if you dont have them, it will look totally radiant and beautiful. Just tone it down with pressed powder, even though Diorlight is Oil Free, is not going to cause any excessive shine. If you are not willing to buy any other product, why don't you try Estee Lauder's Day Wear Plus? Is a tinted moisturizer that brings this absolute glow on skin, and it tints it very softly, giving you a radiant look 24-7. If you use it before the Chanel compact, this will counteract the powdery flat look. [/b][/quote]
thanks again, for dropping by

so if Diorskin isn't matte, and nothing in Dior is ever that MATTE, then Diorlight still isn't a matte kind of foundation, is it? and I don't think I'd use a liquid foundation, no matter how nice and how light it is. ok, I'm just weird
I think I'll just stick with my Diorskin compact, everytime I switch my powder foundation, I realize how good it is and always come back to it and I'll prob. try the Chanel T Mat and see if it's gonna work perfectly along with my Diorskin.

as for the Chanel compact, before I wear it I do use a base from DiorSnow that gives this lovely glow, and this base works amazingly under most powders I've used, but just not the Chanel one. it looks like the powder is "standing" on my skin or something, just way to powdery and makes me look dead. I have almost-flawless skin I mean, I really don't need to be covered up

16-12-2003
rising star

Hi Alex!

I was in London last week and in Brussels yesterday. Next week in Madrid...

Sofia

16-12-2003
backstage pass

I use Clinique city stick and it's like a 2 in 1 foundation type of deal. I think it also comes in a compact but I'm not sure how matte the finish is compared to Dior. I have combination skin and it seems to work for me but I don't put it all over my face.

16-12-2003
front row

there's a really good powder foundation from lancome, but i can't seem to recall its name -- it ships in a sky blue container

16-12-2003
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Boudoir Belle@Dec 16th, 2003 - 10:49 pm
there's a really good powder foundation from lancome, but i can't seem to recall its name -- it ships in a sky blue container
is it the dual finish one in a square shaped case?

16-12-2003
cat
backstage pass

u can also try shiseido's pureness compact foundation. i use that in the summer...its oil-free and the powder is suppose to be oil-absorbing. u might even want to just use a mattifyer under the foundation that u love...smthing u can try is stop shining from make up for ever or i know shiseido pureness has one too in a silver tube.

06-01-2004
scenester

anyone have any suggestions for a foundation with a dewy finish?

06-01-2004
windowshopping

stila illum. foundation....kinda dewy-ish illuminating.

clinique has a dewy foundation

07-01-2004
V.I.P.

chanel vitalumiere fluid and cream leave a dewy finish

07-01-2004
rising star

Or you can add a tiny bit of pigment (like MAC.. Vanilla is excellent for this or if your skin is a bronze color, then maybe melon) to any foundation and you'll achieve the dewy look.
Another solution is the strobe cream from MAC used in combination with your foundation.

HTH,

Sofia

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, foundations, powders, primers, thread