How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2004
backstage pass

Ew... where do you people think I go to get facials? Some clandestine back alley operation? uh uh... only the best for me please.

You can get rid of blackheads, just not the ones on your nose. Blackheads on your nose can be squeezed and removed, but it's only temporary and always returns.

As for your pores, trust me, you can't reduce the size of them. You can minimize the look of your pores and tighten them, but again, the effects are only temporary.

09-01-2004
fashion insider

there's no problem with my pores at all, so can't help you with that.
and as for blackheads, I use this mask from Ingrit Millet, it's a rinsed off cream mask called Pure Clarifying Mask. this is really one mask I can't live without. it leaves my skin so clean so fresh, also well brightened.
btw, I suggest you NOT to use those peel off masks for blackheads

09-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by ChinaLove@Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:13 pm

You can get rid of blackheads, just not the ones on your nose. Blackheads on your nose can be squeezed and removed, but it's only temporary and always returns.

accutane will get rid of every blackhead nose included....

09-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 8th, 2004 - 5:08 pm
i never had problems with my pores. just only the past year ive noticed them getting larger on my cheeks around the nose area and its not nice.
i sometimes go over my skin with an icecube
What does the ice cube do, leyla?

09-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by lele+Jan 9th, 2004 - 12:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 12:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ChinaLove@Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:13 pm

accutane will get rid of every blackhead nose included.... [/b][/quote]
lele the accutane peddler hehe just kidding around.. hey how much does a pack of accutane go for these days? I used it a few years ago so I'm wondering what the price is now... plus I don't have a drug plan anymore but I did then so I don't think I even knew how much the darn things went for in the first place

09-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by eastendsnob+Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eastendsnob @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Jan 8th, 2004 - 5:08 pm
i never had problems with my pores. just only the past year ive noticed them getting larger on my cheeks around the nose area and its not nice.
What does the ice cube do, leyla? [/b][/quote]
Ice cubes supposedly stop pimples before they form. I've tried it a couple times and it actually seems to work.

09-01-2004
fashion insider

300-400$ per pack... without insurance that is pretty pricey....

09-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:20 pm
300-400$ per pack... without insurance that is pretty pricey....

It wasn't nearly that much when I took it... I mean I knew the general area was $100-$200 then... wow. I'm glad I don't have bad acne anymore.

09-01-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally posted by lele+Jan 9th, 2004 - 5:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 5:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ChinaLove@Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:13 pm

accutane will get rid of every blackhead nose included.... [/b][/quote]
I was just going to say. I went to the derm and said my problems and said "and i want the blackheads on my nose to go away" and she said the only thing that will remove them is accutane. Sheesh, why does it take more than two weeks?
I hear it's pricey, but i don't really know how much stuff costs. i think mine cost something like 70 for a pack of 30 but thats with a drug plan and i have no idea how much the drug plan absorbs.

09-01-2004
fashion insider

oh sure insurance will cover almost all of it... 400$ might be for a month maybe each packet was around 100... I might have it wrong it has been a few years since i have taken it.

09-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Jan 9th, 2004 - 10:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 10:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by eastendsnob@Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:15 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.
Quote:
@Jan 8th, 2004 - 5:08 pm

What does the ice cube do, leyla?
Ice cubes supposedly stop pimples before they form. I've tried it a couple times and it actually seems to work. [/b][/quote]
it tightens the pores. just like when you shower in cold water, it tightens your skin.
its temporary but good

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
09-01-2004
living in the sprawl

i might ask my derm about accutane next time (NEXT APRIL...ugh )

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
09-01-2004
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 8th, 2004 - 3:37 pm
Thanks. Alejandro...where are you...
hehe, here I am.

I agree with Sean, Idealist is a great product to reduce the size of pores. In addition, the Micro D scrub will help even out skintone, as for perfect penetration of the Idealist.

You might also want to try the Clinique "Pore Minimizer" lotion, which comes in a tube. I haven't tried it, but I have heard its good, but I have tried the Instant Perfector, which is this silicone based product with two shades, which blends easily on skin, filling out pores for a flawless look, without clogging them.

Other option, if you don't want to go for a facial, is get a steamer, or just boil a pot with water, and cover your head with a towel, so the vapor stays inside that area, and that will open up pores. That will help you with blackheads, so you can strip them out carefully without using your nails. This will work the first 10 minutes, because the pores will go back to their normal size.

I hope this helps

backstage pass

I heard accutane causing depression... and there has been kids that commited suicide when they are on it

09-01-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

there are a lot of side effects of accutane however it's not that simple. most are VERY rare however like all medications there are side effects. one must be careful

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, foundations, powders, primers, thread