The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders... - Page 48 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
26-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleLesley View Post
I haven't had any luck finding my own liquid foundation as of yet (fair with a combination skin, dry but my T-zone tends to get shiny, minus my chin), I'm beginning to suspect a tinted moisturizer will be a good fit. Especially now with winter and the cold air, something more moisturizing would be perfect.

Any suggestions for an tinted moisturizer or possibly a liquid foundation would be appreciated. I've heard good things so far of the Stila Sheer Tinted Moisturizer but I would need a heavier coverage. Should I look for an concealer for that or leave it for the foundation/tinted moisturizer? And sorry for bombardment of questions
if you need heavier coverage, i would go with a liquid foundation. there are tons out there for different skin types (moisturizing, matting etc) . i personally use Kanebo liquid foundation right now. i like it. i don't love it, but tbh i still haven't found *the* perfect liquid foundation. i guess you'll just have to try. you can also ask for samples in the stores. so you can try and find out what you like/ don't like

28-12-2009
windowshopping

As a whole, I don't wear much make-up. Usually I just moisturize and do a little mascara and some lip gloss/shine/balm. I find that when I drink (especially in these freezing temperatures) I get kinda flushed looking in the face, like really pale and red cheeks. My skin tone in general.. I don't know how to describe it, but somewhere between a dark 'fair' to medium. Anyone know something I can put on to not have this happen?

02-01-2010
fashion icon

Any reccomendations for a powder? I'm having a total make up overhaul,new year new start and all that jazz

04-01-2010
In Bloom

The Chanel loose powder is BRILLIANT

we were in love

04-01-2010
fashion icon

Cheers me dear,I've always preferred loose powder. Definetly check that out tomorrow

03-05-2010
tfs star

Has anyone tried this Anti-Blemish Solution foundation from Clinique?
It looks promising. Or maybe it's too good to be true.
Quote:
New Anti-Blemish Solutions Makeup. Lightweight, oil-free, long-wearing foundation that blends gently and evenly into skin to conceal and treat current blemishes, while preventing future ones. Controls oil and balances skin's surface to maintain overall skin health. Unclogs and minimizes the appearance of pores, neutralizes skin redness. Contains skin-soothing ingredients that feel cooling upon application.
Clinique.co.uk

beaut.ie/blog

I'd like to see ingredients though.

04-05-2010
backstage pass

I have it, I bought it the first day it came out because it sounded like a dream come true! Here's my honest report - it's fantastic, truly it is, it gives good coverage, it lasts and lasts, even when you sweat, it comes in a super pale colour and covers redness and marks without looking heavy.

However.

There is a downside, it accentuates wrinkles through sheer dryness. After using it every day for a week I ended up with big patches of dry scaly skin on my face. However, I have combo skin, so someone with very oily skin/acne would be blessed to be using this. It's very very good.

04-05-2010
tfs star

Thank you for quick reply. Shame, I don't think it'll work for me though. I used to have quite problematic skin, now my skin has really improven and there are only few imperfections left (and blemishes) and it's not that oily as it used to be (even dry sometimes). I assume it's great when you have a break out, but I wouldn't use it daily, because as you said, it can be drying.

04-05-2010
In Bloom

Do you guys have different foundations for summer and winter? I love MAC's Face & Body right now, but I don't think it will be good for winter. Sure, it's moisturizing, but it contains so much water that I'm afraid that it will cause even more broken capillaries than I already have. Plus, I get super dry skin in the winter, so it has to be moisturizing. No dry patches for me, please

I might look into Chanel (if I can find anything pale enough) or Giorgio Armani. Recommendations/experiences? I am about NW15 in the wintertime.

we were in love

04-05-2010
backstage pass

Does anyone know of a good foundation that gives a dewy finish?
I'm currently using the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the shade 53 Beige clair. I really like it but the finish is kinda semi-matte, I've using it with a cream highlighter but it doesn't make much difference. Maybe I should tried mixing the two together on the back of my hand? IDK.
Anyway does anybody have any recs? Preferably something I can get in the UK that's not too expensive.
Thanks

04-05-2010
tfs star

^^I have Healthy Mix as well. Maybe you can mix it with highlighter? NARS Orgasm or HighBeam from Benefit work for me. Or you can try foundations with satin finish-these usualy contain small shimmer and give you that dewy, glowy look. Maybe Revlon Photo Ready? That first came to my mind and it's not expensive either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Do you guys have different foundations for summer and winter?
I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid in fall/winter (I'm NC15), but I think it's a bit too much in summer. It depends though, I use MAC in summer If I still have it (we don't have MAC here and I usually get one bottle a year, when I'm abroad), when I go out in the evening or when I need longer resistance.
In summer I usually combine different concealers, coloured sunblocks and light foundation (nothing works). Still haven't find the perfect one though. Any recommendation? I prefer something cheaper, lightweight, suitable for mixed/oily skin (considering high temperatures).

05-05-2010
In Bloom

^MAC Face&Body, dear It's waterproof, it does not budge and it is undetectable, even under the harshest light. You can't even feel that you have it on! And you get 120 ml of it, which makes it fairly cheap. I got mine off eBay, even though I have MAC in my town, they don't sell Face&Body. I have combination skin and I love it. I've had MUAs come up to me and compliment my skin - when I tell them I'm wearing Face&Body, they always go "Oh, you cheat!"

we were in love

05-05-2010
tfs star

^^As you know I've been already thinking about MAC Face&Body, I just don't know which shade should I get. There are only those weird shades from C1 to C7 and N1 to N9 and I'm completely lost. Maybe I have to bump into MAC thread.

05-05-2010
In Bloom

^You should take the lightest...and if you're NC, then you should go for C1 I'm N1, suits me very well (I'm NW20 atm)

we were in love

05-05-2010
In Bloom

Found some swatches:

karlasugar.net

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, foundations, powders, primers, thread