The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders... - Page 56 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
18-11-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLovely View Post
I really really need to find a drugstore foundation with YELLOW undertones,from brands like Covergirl or L'Oreal,I always have this problem with foundations,They are always to pale,pink or Orangey Does anybody know of a good one?
have you tried bourjois?

backstage pass

Quote:
I really really need to find a drugstore foundation with YELLOW undertones,from brands like Covergirl or L'Oreal,I always have this problem with foundations,They are always to pale,pink or Orangey Does anybody know of a good one?
i would second the recommendation of bourjois. i use their healthy mix foundation and (at least the colours i have used) have been yellow or quite neutral in their undertones.

i can't comment on anything other than healthy mix though sorry!

19-11-2011
V.I.P.

i have the bobbi brown corrector concealer (it comes with a pwder to be applied on top)

however the concealer keeps sliding off after a while. is this normal?

is my undereye area too greasy with eye cream or something?

20-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Have you tried Revlon? Here in Asia they sell well and they are suit the yellow undertones in the skin. Some of my friends swear by it

fashion icon

I haven´t tried bourjois,they don´t sell it here in california
I have tried Revlon but i dont think it matches my skintone that well,or maybe im just choosing the wrong color.Thank you girls for your help anyway

lucy92 have you tried a primer before applying any of your makeup? Maybe that will help

16-12-2011
V.I.P.

Can anyone help me to find Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 in Light here in Europe?
Any website that ships Finland? I really need that product. I bought it while living in US and now here in Finland i cant get it anywhere..

http://www.drugstore.com/miracle-ski...48?catid=26866

16-12-2011
trendsetter

Have you tried Amazon, Ebay, etc?

21-12-2011
backstage pass

Can somebody recommend a good under foundation moisturizer?

fashion icon

Sorry "Oh Me"!! At the moment i'm using a Fluid by Venus but its not good

I tried out one by Clairins which was perfect for me! I used it 30min before i put my Foundation on but it costs 39,95€ which is crazy!!

fashion icon

Guys i need HELP!!! I searching for a Foundation.

I tried out Estee Lauders Double Wear and its amazing!!! The Coverage is perfect to me BUT there is no shade that fits me ((((

Then i tried out Chanel Mat Luminiere which shade/undertone was perfect to me but the coverage is not enough!!!

So is there a Foundation with Coverage like Estee Lauders Double Wear and Shades/Untertones (yellowish) like Chanel Mat Luminiere Beige??

tfs star

Has anyone tried any concealers / foundations from Etude House? I'm hearing some good reviews on YouTube but still not sure about trying it.

03-02-2012
rising star

Any ladies tried the loose Chanel setting powder and/or MAC Blot powder? I'm currently using the Cargo HD compact and it's pretty good but after a few hours I can see a bit of powder attached to the teeny hairs on my face. Looking for something a bit more seamless and wondering if Chanel or MAC is better for this. I use BB Cream so I am looking for a powder with a little bit of coverage, and from my understanding the MAC Blot is translucent?
Posted via Mobile Device

03-02-2012
backstage pass

^ I have the Chanel loose powder and it's pretty good. It does not give you much coverage, but it does even out your skin a little bit. And it lasts really long.

Haven't tried the MAC one.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by etceteraism View Post
Any ladies tried the loose Chanel setting powder and/or MAC Blot powder? I'm currently using the Cargo HD compact and it's pretty good but after a few hours I can see a bit of powder attached to the teeny hairs on my face. Looking for something a bit more seamless and wondering if Chanel or MAC is better for this. I use BB Cream so I am looking for a powder with a little bit of coverage, and from my understanding the MAC Blot is translucent?
Posted via Mobile Device
i hate to confuse you even more but if you want powder with a little coverage, mac mineralize skinfinish is also an option (you can build it up)

scenester

Does anybody know of any good high coverage foundations for flash photography? My face is much paler than the rest of my body, and it simply refuses to tan. I've tried several foundations and none of them are working out. All Revlon foundations give me a white cast in flash photography. Make Up Forever's HD Foundation is lovely color wise, but the coverage is too minimal. Laura Mercier has fantastic coverage, but it also gives me a white cast...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, foundations, powders, primers, thread