The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders... - Page 58 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-11-2012
Making a Mess

^ MAC's face and body foundation?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
^ MAC's face and body foundation?
Thanks. But was looking for something with more coverage?

16-02-2013
tfs star

I swear by Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation. I keep coming back to this foundation, it's simply the best for my skin.

23-01-2014
V.I.P.

What do you guys think about make up forever hd foundation? I was thinking on getting it. I have a very pale skin so i am not sure which shade to use. Pink porcelain? Is it lightest? Much appreciated if you guys can help

11-02-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
What do you guys think about make up forever hd foundation? I was thinking on getting it. I have a very pale skin so i am not sure which shade to use. Pink porcelain? Is it lightest? Much appreciated if you guys can help
Yes it is. They also have a shade 107 Pink but I think it does ot suit anyone unless you are Miss Piggy. 110 Pink porcelain is for fair complexions with pink undertones, 115 Ivory is rather beige, and 117 is more yellow, so you have to be sure about your skin undertones.
I also considered purchasing it but the lightest shade is too dark and too pink for me (im usually between Bourjois HM in 51 and NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia).

12-02-2014
V.I.P.

i was also wondering about the make up forever hd foundation...is it really the best to be photographed in?

V.I.P.

I got that pink porcelain shade and it fits me! Thanks for your help

2 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

I first started wearing base (foundation, powder, concealer) in middle school. That was circa 1998.

Since then I've only been loyal to one foundation in powder form by Clarins called Express Compact Foundation Wet/Dry. I patted this on immediately after applying Elizabeth Arden Extreme Conditioning Cream SPF 15. I put this on everyday in my car right before going into work when I worked as an Estee Lauder SA. Somehow this haphazard application of heavy lotion + powder foundation combo looked amazingly natural; covered everything while looking like nothing. That was around 2009.

Back in college c 2006 I religiously wore Paula Begoun's Paula's Select Soft Pressed Powder in Buff which of course also got DC'd. The shade while a tad light had the most amazingly flattering neutral undertone. This term gets thrown around a lot. By 'neutral' I mean not too orange, pink or yellow, just well a nice camely beigey neutral. What must be 3 iterations later her, the undertones and texture of Pauala's current face powders while decent aren't holy grail material.

Since being out in the sun recently my forehead has gotten super tanned while my neck is still somewhat pale in comparison. I've started looking for a foundation to even out and match up my ombre skin situation.

I'd forgotten how incredibly FRUSTRATING searching for foundation is! After all of these years, it's still nearly impossible to find a foundation which doesn't turn ashy or have a grey undertone on me.

I remember in the late 90s visiting a MAC cosmetics counter and asking for a yellow pigment to add to my overly orange liquid foundation. The astute MAC SA suggested I mix in green pigment to my overly orange foundation. This surprisingly worked quite well. Much better than the yellow concealer + orangey foundation angle I'd got stuck on.

Fast forward to 2016, 2017, 2018 color correctors are everywhere.

For the love of God. It's the year 2018.

Why do cosmetics companies insist on producing pale green correctors with insanely PALE, GREY, ASHY cast?!?!

People of all shades from light to dark and various undertones have redness in their skin. Please make color correctors for a wide range of skin tones and intensities.

fashion icon

The closest thing to a customized color corrector product I've come across is this one by Make Up Forever:

So it's not the pastely, pasty, non skin-tone appropriate junk. I think this is far more useful for spot covering. I'm impressed that MUFE unlike every other brand jumping on the color correcting band wagon, actually saw the need for this concealer palette with custom undertone colors. There's 6 intensities in all.

DEEP

TAN

makeupforever.com

fashion icon

So here's been my answer to counteracting that god awful grey cast in EVERY brand of liquid foundation I've tested lately.

Make Up Forever Aqua Matic Waterproof Glide-On Eye Shadow in I-30 (Iridescnet Lime Green).

temptalia.com

I scribble a solid swatch of this golden green creme stick onto my hand. Then I add in my liquid foundation until it looks skin like rather than atomic jaundice. Sounds crazy but it WORKS. No ashy undertone. I bought this product 4, 5 years ago and it's no longer available in store at Sephora or on the MUFE site. A chartreuse, warm lime eye shadow with less shimmer would also work I think.

THe foundation mixture is quite thick, concealer like in texture but I can adjust the viscosity by adding more liquid foundation. I do concentrate this mixture on my cheeks where most of my discoloration and redness is. The shimmer is there but not glittery or chunky so it kind of doubles as a cheek highlighter.

Last edited by ellastica; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:52 AM. Reason: image credit
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, foundations, powders, primers, thread