The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders... - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-05-2004
backstage pass

I recommend Clinique's Pore Minimizer. For my skin, it literally made any prominent pores disappear.

& R.V.R

Quote:
Originally posted by Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
I recommend Clinique's Pore Minimizer.
I agree, I use that, the instant perfector to correct instantly, and Idealist from Estee Lauder as treatment

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
I recommend Clinique's Pore Minimizer. For my skin, it literally made any prominent pores disappear.
which prodcuct from Pore Minimizer are you using?
there are four: instant perfector, refining lotion, t-zone oil control, and foundation.

02-05-2004
& R.V.R

Quote:
Originally posted by MissPurple+May 2nd, 2004 - 5:29 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ May 2nd, 2004 - 5:29 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
there are four: instant perfector, refining lotion, t-zone oil control, and foundation. [/b][/quote]
I reccomend the Instant Perfector...because it's the only one I have tried and it's really good before applying makeup, or if you just want to wear it alone with bronzer, mascara and lipbalm

elementary.

have you tried neutrogena pore refining cleanser?
i'd recommend it.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by MissPurple+May 2nd, 2004 - 3:29 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ May 2nd, 2004 - 3:29 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Girly Girl@May 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
there are four: instant perfector, refining lotion, t-zone oil control, and foundation.

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, it is the Instant Perfector product. That is the one that works the best.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by cherylm@May 1st, 2004 - 9:27 am
Has anyone tried a good foundation or skincare product for large pores?
I recommend you these products of Shiseido:

20-07-2004
rising star

Can anyone suggest a good powder foundation? I've been using MAC Studiofix for years but I think I'm ready for a change. I have normal/oily skin which breaks out on occasion, so I'd prefer nothing TOO heavy. I've heard good things about Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, and Shiesido's line of foundation. Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thanks so much!

23-07-2004
fashion insider

I don't think Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation is a good choice for people who have combination/oily skin

my favorite powder foundation was Diorskin Compact, absolutely amazing for my dry skin, sheer and natual (I don't need much of a coverage anyway), very fine and non-drying, never looks heavy/powdery/chalky, gives a slightly luminous finish.
however, my skin is getting more and more of a combination type somehow while Diorskin Compact is still great for my cheek areas, it's not good for my T-zone anymore wears off too easily around T-zone and totally doesn't control shine.
so I went searching for the perfect compact for combination skin. after trying out lots, I've finally found my new HG powder foundation, Guerlain Divinora Teint Expert Confort Exquisitely Fine Powder Foundation Compact SPF15
the same superb quality and ultra fine powder as Diorskin, goes on extremely smooth and blends beautifully with the skin. it's also got some ingredients for great oil control at T-zone, without making the cheeks feel dry. the staying power is also spectacular. it has this slight illuminating effect, giving the complexion a subtle soft glow, but overall more on the matt side comparing to Diorskin. definitely not dead flat matt though *cough cough Chanel Double Perfection Compact
it provides medium to full coverage, fuller coverage than Diorskin but also a bit heavier. coverage is not what I'm seeking so I'm always very light handed when applying.

23-07-2004
V.I.P.

i receieved a sample of Diorskin eclat Doux compact and I must admit it's really nice

unfortunately all the shades are much too orange for my skintone

24-07-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Jul 23 2004, 02:36 AM
i receieved a sample of Diorskin eclat Doux compact and I must admit it's really nice

unfortunately all the shades are much too orange for my skintone
[snapback]314555[/snapback]
Diorskin powder foundation is great. I recommend it to everyone

24-07-2004
rising star

well, you're already using my favorite powder foundation- MAC Studiofix, but if I had top pick another one I love, I'd go with the Chanel Double Perfection compact... this stuff is pretty amazing for oily skin and making the face look flawless

25-07-2004
front row

i use a Korean brand called LANEIGE. ..its good for me

26-07-2004
& R.V.R

I agree with the guys, Diorskin is awesome, I've been using MAC's Studio Fix, cause I got used to the great coverage and it's awesome for photoshoots and just cause... Diorskin is lightweight, it looks natural cause their formula has reflective microbeads, that makes your skin look glowy, but not shiny, even though on some people, they tend to look shiny, which blotting sheets come handy, Remember that Diorskin is still foundation, it's not going to make your skin mat, unless you buy a foundation that its meant to have a mat finish...

rising star

Gah! Now I feel kind of silly for abandoning MAC. But does the rule "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" apply here? That is, I've been content with MAC, so should I test the market for a new foundation? Or is it smart to try out new products once in a while, just in case there's something better? I ended up buying the Shisiedo foundation, by the way, just because Stila was always sold out (this was before I read the feedback on Dior, also), and I like it, although I don't know if it I like it any MORE than MAC.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just keep on looking.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, foundations, powders, primers, thread