How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I love them. I find that I wear them pretty darn often now. Easiest way to spice up my face/look without having to add a whole lot of makeup (for day-wear).

I use the cheapie stuff - Ardel - and it's fine. Pretty natural-looking, but a lot better if a lot of mascara is applied for my nights out on the town.

What would I do without false eyelashes? I wish I would have discovered them earlier...

11-01-2006
backstage pass

I love ardell too. They have longer ones that aren't so natural looking.. nefinitely looks like fake lashes, but not TOO fake (like nothing huge and up to the brows!) I don't wea fake lashes too often because I think it's a bit over the top for class, bu i do love them!!

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
12-01-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ They're perfect for that hint of glamour.

I find myself wearing them pretty day-to-day... you can't tell they're false, actually, on me... just looks like I have long lashes. They're my current obsession!

12-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora_Socialite
I heard about using that in a mag once..but where would you find that and is there any particular brand?

I agree most eyelash glue is crap..it doesnt even stick on...I finally found one that sticks on for a long time...problem is is sticks TOO much now and is a pain trying to get it unstuck...
I've always used Copydex. A drag queen reccommended it to me!

12-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
^ They're perfect for that hint of glamour.

I find myself wearing them pretty day-to-day... you can't tell they're false, actually, on me... just looks like I have long lashes. They're my current obsession!
See, with me I am just a ver over te top person when it comes to makeup. I see no point in wearing natural looking false lashes... I figure tat if it's going to be fake, it better be extravagant!!

13-01-2006
backstage pass

I have never been able to keep false eyelashes on all night... they always fall off!

13-01-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Maybe you're not using enough glue? If the white stuff isn't working, I'd recommend trying the clear glue/adhesive...

13-01-2006
scenester

I love faux lashes but like someone else said I don't wear them on a regular basis either...I hate the ones that are all one length no lashes are one length

I first experince with the cheaper versions to see if I would really like em, they are cool

tfs star

i love the look of false eyelashes with liquid eyeliner

13-01-2006
scenester

thats so 60's:p

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
^ Maybe you're not using enough glue? If the white stuff isn't working, I'd recommend trying the clear glue/adhesive...
I am using the clear stuff. I use the cheapie individual lashes from the drugstore... I feel like the tip is so small I can't get enough glue to keep them on! Maybe I should upgrade to some nicer lashes or better glue?

14-01-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine
i love the look of false eyelashes with liquid eyeliner
Actually, that's why eyeliner was first invented... to darken the line between your real lashes and false lashes. Of course, today, liquid liner is much more... versatile...

08-02-2006
rising star

Can anyone recommend a truly natural-looking false eyelash for someone w/out lashes at all? Should i go for black or light brown for my asian friend? I was thinking light brown, so it would really look faint and as natural as possible, while being able to control the darkness of the lashes by going with a dark brown mascara or black. I'm just not sure. Anyone else having a similar problem?

08-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by oona
Can anyone recommend a truly natural-looking false eyelash for someone w/out lashes at all? Should i go for black or light brown for my asian friend? I was thinking light brown, so it would really look faint and as natural as possible, while being able to control the darkness of the lashes by going with a dark brown mascara or black. I'm just not sure. Anyone else having a similar problem?
You should go with whatever her natural haircolor is, so probably black. Brown'll look too mousey, I think. Ardell makes good lashes, and you can get them at any drugstore. Don't get anything too long. Maybe get individual lashes if you wnt a really subtle look.

08-02-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Yeah, definitely don't go lighter than your natural hair color.. and Ardell is money... I really prefer applying the individual lashes, that way I don't have to worry about the whole string coming off.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyelashes, false