How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2005
backstage pass

Fat on Buns!!
Is it my imagination, or is the bum the last place to lose the fat?

I've been on a serious workout regimen for the last two weeks, including healthy eating, and my results everywhere have been great so far (ie. 2 inches from my waist for example, my abs are hard as rock and my thighs are slimming down), but my bum just won't let the fat go! What gives??

Are there any exercises I can do? Will bum exercises make it look bigger? Is it just stubborn fat that will eventually give in? Keep in mind I'm in pretty good shape already (5'9" and 135lbs) and well toned overall but I'm just trying to improve a bit.

Thanks for any suggestions!

14-03-2005
offline.

Maybe your butt is mostly muscle? I know I have all muscle in my legs and *** because of dancing for so many years.

14-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
Maybe your butt is mostly muscle? I know I have all muscle in my legs and *** because of dancing for so many years.

I wish it was muscle! I mean I have muscle underneath but there's definitely extra fat on top!! No buns of steel here!

17-03-2005
front row

I don't know but i seem to have the same problem, my stomach tones so quickly and then my bum (and thighs) just take ages!

backstage pass

Hi Reseneace! Somewhere I read that the first place to put on weight is also the last place to come off.. so unfair!!
Have faith cause the workouts are finally doing their job on my derriere, so you shouldn't have a problem either.

17-03-2005
trendsetter

A stepping machine or a stairmaster (whichever) is a great excercise for you butt and hamstrings. If you can do it for about twenety minutes to a half hour (or more) a day for about two weeks, you'll notice a tighter feeling in those regions.

backstage pass

LaceFab,

Thanks for the suggestion. Today I split up my workout so instead of doing 1 hour on the elliptical I did 30 minutes and the other 30 on the stairmaster. I did some mat work on my bum afterwards - let's hope I can feel it tomorrow.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
buns, fat