How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2005
tfs star

if your really hungry for no apparent reason drink two liters of water and then eat your snack- it will fill you up like a meal. Sometimes if i get a little grumble in my tummy and there is no available food i have a diet soda, the bubbles seem to calm everything down.

06-07-2005
front row

light JELLO is a GOD...i just had 2 servings of cherry jello (18 calories) and im full as ever!

06-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteModel
light JELLO is a GOD...i just had 2 servings of cherry jello (18 calories) and im full as ever!
I can't live w/o light Jello! I go through at least three snack cups a day . If I'm hungry and it isn't time for a meal yet, I eat some Jello or drink some green tea.

06-07-2005
front row

2 liters of water? I'd be using the bathroom every five minutes! pinksatin- what fast food chain sells those chicken sandwiches?

07-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel
I can't live w/o light Jello! I go through at least three snack cups a day . If I'm hungry and it isn't time for a meal yet, I eat some Jello or drink some green tea.
Brilliant! I never even thought of that! Im gonna get some tomorrow! You guys rock!

Champagne taste on a beer budget...
08-07-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncutie
2 liters of water? I'd be using the bathroom every five minutes! pinksatin- what fast food chain sells those chicken sandwiches?
well in a day i drink at least 4 (which is a gallon)... the bathroom isnt such a crappy place to be! i crack myself up.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncutie
I know that Wendys has a grilled chicken sandwich for 290 calories, maybe thats what she is talking about. All the chains have some kind or other chicken sandwich.

09-07-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb
I know that Wendys has a grilled chicken sandwich for 290 calories, maybe thats what she is talking about. All the chains have some kind or other chicken sandwich.
I'm pretty sure Chik-fil-A does but I don't know if they have them all over. Here's the info from calorieking: chargrilled chicken sandwich

ETA: I didn't want to sound like a Nazi but I just figure you can eat a certain amount of cals and be a skinny person with no nutrients who is all tired and lightheaded and your hair starts falling out or you can eat the same (or less even) number of cals and be a healthy skinny person who gets a lot of nutrients because of smarter choices .

Last edited by pinksatin; 09-07-2005 at 12:42 AM.
09-07-2005
front row

Word to everything you said, pinksatin. Subway (and Quizno's, I think) are great ideas. I highly recommend Subway as a low-cal alternative that would give you some nutrients, too. Their meat isn't super high quality compared to some other deli meat I've had, but for $3.50, I try to keep my expectations low. If you're not into eating meat, their Veggie Delite sandwich has the least number of calories of anything on the menu and is, as the name implies, packed with veggies.

Wendy's is also pretty good as far as fast food goes. You can get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and a baked potato with chives as the side. Not sure what the total calorie count comes to, but I imagine it's pretty low. 'Course, nothing beats fresh food.

10-07-2005
windowshopping

Low or No Calorie Drinks
Here is a link to a quick list of low calorie or no calorie drinks to add to your diet.

http://www.helpandinformation.com/ar...ticle_23.shtml

11-07-2005
retro queen

Personally I would stay away from the fast food choices regardless of calories. They are usually high in sugar, sodium, and saturated fat and packed with preservatives and other additives....which makes them taste nice but not really healthy.

11-07-2005
trendsetter

^^^ I definately agree. I'm jsut talking about when you are caught out and need a meal and didn't bring anything. But this thread si about snacks anyway sooo.....

My favorite low-cal snack OTM is Philly Swirl SF popsicles. Every flavor is sooo yummy. My fav is cotton candy but they also come in orange cream, strawberry lemon, and paradise punch. They are only 10 cals each. The best-tasting SF popsiciles I've ever tried. No artificial sweetener taste. phillyswirl

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I don't know, some fast food chains have some excellent salads. I get Wendy's Mandarin Chicken salad - I take off the mandarin oranges, and what do I have? Plenty of green leaves, plenty of chicken for protein, and almonds. I get the low-cal ranch dressing (only 100 calories for the whole packet, and I usually only need 1/4 of the packet). Now that's about 300 calories worth of very healthy food.

It's upsetting that some people go SO low calorie, like a diet soda for lunch. Our body needs food! Good, healthy food.

12-07-2005
V.I.P.

Chicken salads are the perfect meal low cal healthy meal if you leave out the obvious stuff like dressing (if u must, just put olive oil & lemon juice), croutons and regular cheese (ask for the light variety of they are available). It's my idea of a perfect lunch because it's got protein and lots of veggies and it's low carb so I don't feel all snoozy inthe afternoon. I eat usually have rice for dinner so that's carbs for the day.

25-07-2005
windowshopping

low cal treats
Like many others, I love sweets but am limited to 900 calories a day on my diet. To satisfy my sweet tooth I eat ultra low fat cool whip on fruit. the cool whip only has something like 35 calories in 4 tablespoons, and is very satisfying. Also, Equal low cal sugar makes candies that have 10 calories per candy and are very good to punch that chocolate craving. Baskin Robins makes some delicious 10 calorie each candies that come in several different flavours, my favourite is mint chocolate chip, mmm. Berries are fairly low cal as well and really help when you're craving sweets.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fave, healthy, snack