How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2006
front row

I haven't found a good one yet but I cannot stand Dove

05-04-2006
front row

ban unscented roll on is really good

windowshopping

This is a great thread--I like it so much that I'm inspired to make my first post!

TUSSY Roll-On--it stinks, but if you love the smell, like I do, nothing else will come close. It's messy and very gentle if one gets irritated easily. A little over a dollar a bottle. I've used it since I was 12.

Last edited by carolmaria; 05-04-2006 at 06:19 PM.
05-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_like_a_rose
hi,
can someone please help me:you see,i sweat a lot.i mean i don't smell or anything,but sweat is just going out of me!i know its gross but i really need help...i tried everything:dove,lady,nivea,rexona....
i see some of you are talking about certaindri?is it good???and is it available in europe?

thanks in advance

I have the SAME issue! It's so embarrassing! I just went to the dermatologist to get my skin check and she told me to finish up my prescription deod (DRYSOL) and if that didn't work, call her back and she said there is a doc in her office that will do the Botox shots in the armpits. UG!!! I am hoping this prescription stuff works!

front row

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmaria
This is a great thread--I like it so much that I'm inspired to make my first post!

TUSSY Roll-On--it stinks, but if you love the smell, like I do, nothing else will come close. It's messy and very gentle if one gets irritated easily. A little over a dollar a bottle. I've used it since I was 12.
Welcome

07-04-2006
trendsetter

Hey, I'd like to get your opinions on that deoderant with the "freshness of Scandinavia"? I'm sorry I've forgotten it's name, but that's all I remember from the ads. Have any of you tried it, if you know what I'm talking about? Is it any good?
I'm personally looking for one without a strong scent if any, that keeps me dry and fresh throughout the day - something with an antipersperant effect. I go to school so sometimes the uncomfortable uniforms make me frustrated and I'd like something that helps me keep my cool.
Note: I'll need osmething available in Australia
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by serenade; 07-04-2006 at 01:25 AM.
26-07-2006
windowshopping

Hi, I found this on the net, don’t remember the source.

“The stains you're seeing on your shirts…caused by ingredients in your antiperspirant. Specifically, the aluminum salts used in antiperspirants to stop you from sweating can form an acidic complex that stains shirts yellow. (Cotton shirts are particularly susceptible to this reaction.)

What can you do about it?

First of all, you can switch from using antiperspirants (which cause staining) to deodorants (which don't). Of course, then you'll sweat more…

Not sure if it s true, but I had used some cheap deo for long time without worrying about stains. Then, I switched to several brand name ones and got the yellow marks on my clothes. Guess the cheap one is simply deodorant which has no anti-perspirant protection, so didn’t mark my clothes. But I’m now in a foreign country (Sweden) and can’t find those good old deo here. Plus my poor Swedish is preventing me from reading the labels. It seems all the popular products here are deodorant/anti-perspirant. Can anyone please recommend some good unscented deodorant which is not anti-perspirant and easy to buy?

And anyone know the good and bad of solid vs. spray and roll-on? I use roll on, but people seem to prefer solid and spray. I used spray long long time ago, the deo was kind of spreading out a large area when I sprayed, and somewhat sticky on my skin. So I switched to roll-on which just covers the necessary area. It leaves white powder on my skin instead. Moreover, all the deo I have used gave me aluminium smell. Do you have those problems and how you fix it? I don’t know if that is because my body odor is too strong. Sometimes, I can just have a shower and stay smell-free the whole day without deodorant. But it s rare.
I guess I’m looking for a deodorant that helps me stay smell-free, and don’t leave any trace like sticky area, white powder, or aluminium smell... Can anyone help?

26-07-2006
V.I.P.

^ Wow if that's true then that could explain the yellowish sweat" stains on the underarms of my white shirts. I hate those.
I use Rexona 24 hour antiperspirant deodarant and it works against the stickiness for normal activities. The smell is also unobtrusive.

06-08-2006
V.I.P.

i made the switch from Degree fro Women to Dove!
Amazing. It really is soft and smooth going on and smells great. Lasts all day too.

07-08-2006
backstage pass

I like Dove it actually works.
Im really wierd though deodorants usually only work for about 6 months or so for me then they quit so I usually switch back and forth between Dove and Secret Platinum.
I dont sweat a hole lot but I do get underarm odor How embarrassing for a girl I would rather sweat as long as it didnt stink!

I cant stand brands like Teen Spirit and BAN that mess has never worked for me even when I was a preteen.
I dont like roll ons either, they never work for me. I guess Im just a mess!

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
08-08-2006
windowshopping

i have three favorites:
  • right guard sport antiperspirant and deodorant aerosol unscented. this stuff is so powerful! once when i was in a pinch i stole this from my brother. completely sweatproof. it is perfect for running or hot 100 degree days
  • dove cool sensations antiperspirant and deodorant with cucumber and green tea extracts. one of the few women's deodorants that doesn't smell like a baby's butt
  • tom's of maine. love it love it love it. it smells yummy and is aluminum free. not the best protection, but it will not cause you any irritation. good for sensitive skin.

08-08-2006
V.I.P.

I ONLY use unscented Mitchum, it works so well. I only wear fragrance free because I dont like the way deodorant normally smells AND I dont like my deodorant and fragrance to clash.

God, I used my sisters deodorant one day when I ran out of my Mitchum, my clothes still smell of powder or whatever that shite smells like.

08-08-2006
front row

I use Eau d'orange verte by Hermès, the stick not the spray

front row

Crystal Stick user here. It's a mineral salt "stick" that you wet under water and apply. A stick is supposed to last only one year but mine has lasted for 5 years already and I think it has at least 5 more years in it. You still sweat, but sweat is a good thing. Sweating is the body's natural detox system for purging impurities. Someone asked about why it's bad for women not to sweat and I think it's because toxin buildup may contribute to breast cancer. Of course, men too "need" to sweat because when they get breast cancer, it is nearly always fatal for them. My $0.02...

08-08-2006
V.I.P.

that's why there is a difference between deoderant and anti-perspirant. i use only deodorant.
besides, i asked my doc about that, and they said that it wasn't true abt the breast cancer links..but you never know.
anyway, i did use that crystal before. i just was never sure if i smelled sweaty/salty...you know that smell. so i rather know my deodorant is working with something powdery. lol

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deodorant, favorite