How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by oanadobre+May 7th, 2004 - 4:18 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oanadobre @ May 7th, 2004 - 4:18 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Betty Boop@May 6th, 2004 - 7:50 pm
I'm a pig when it comes to my underarms

I sweat a lot there and the smell is just...just...

I've tried a few brands of deodorant, none has worked, they allways leave marks in my clothes (white spots) even if it sais in big letters on the can "leaves no marks, no white stains etc etc" and the "sweet fruit/berry or what ever smell" only mixes with my horrible sweat so the smell only gets worse! I tried another brand recently, Nivea dry, it's a roll on and man! My life has changed the smell went away and I don't sweat as much as I did and no, I'm not getting payd for advertisment... then again... what model does?
You sounded like a commercial!
I go with Dove... [/b][/quote]
You allways do sound like a commercial when you're happy with the product

07-05-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally posted by sbbbjm@May 7th, 2004 - 12:49 am
this is gonna sound kinda gross but i really don't use deodorant that often cuz when i get sweaty its just sweaty, i don't get the BO that comes with it. i mean it kinda makes sense though cuz the only reason why you get BO is because you have bacteria under your arms and that bacteria mixes with warm sweat and makes a not so desirable smell. i'm a hygeine freak so i shower and scrub like 2x a day so bacteria doesn't even have the chance to stay there. and i know i dont stink because well this is gonna sound gross too but i've had people actually smell me right after being sweat soaked and the only smell they could detect was that 'being outside' (not something that was emitted from my body) kinda smell cuz it was after a 5 mile run. maybe i'm a freak. thank your for reading my wonderful story as gross sounding as it is.
My husband is like this too. Some people just don't have a strong body odor.

He can get home from an 8 hour shift of loading trucks and running up and down ladders fixing machinery, and will only smell salty and of diesel exhaust.

backstage pass

i guess you could call us blessed

07-05-2004
front row

I sweat like a pigdog. It's true. My top pick is Mitchum.

If anyone has found something crazy strong, please recommend! I'll try the Nivea, even though I never really smell. It's a moisture issue that I have rather than a scent issue. I thought about getting some gland removal, but I know someone who did, and NOW she gets a crazy sweaty back of head thing going on.

08-05-2004
gromosexual

ooh how much is the miyake deodorant?? I think l'eau d'issey would be GREAT in deodorant form, i just hope the pricing is reasonable, and that it doesnt leave white residue

10-05-2004
windowshopping

I use GENTLE CARE ROLL-ON DEODORANT (CLARINS)

I'ts the best for me

10-05-2004
rising star

I used to Oilily cream deo., but they no lnger sell it at Oilily.

10-05-2004
fashion insider

I use this super-duper stuff every once in a while (say, if I'm attending some stressful event ) called Maxim. It's not available in the regular grocery store, you have to order it online because its a major anti-perspirant for 'excessive sweating and hyperhidrosis'. It works pretty good for me, but I do get a bit of a reaction (itchiness ) which is no surprise to me cause I have pretty sensative skin, but you might not have that. Anyway, the website is www.coradhealthcare.com. It costs more than your average anti-perspirant but obviously, thats cause its so strong (note: it is strong but its gentle enough that you can use it on your hands and face too).

backstage pass

MITCHUM!

I used to have problems where I'd sweat right through any shirt no matter how hot or cold it was in the room. This stuff keeps me so dry, but my skin doesn't get too dry. I use the women's solid. And I've never had any problems with getting deoderant on my clothes (which is important seeing as we are the Fashion Spot). I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. I also used to use this over the counter roll-on thing that helped the excessive sweating but I haven't used it for over a year and I'm fine with just the Mitchum

11-05-2004
etre soi-meme

Santex squeeze gel

not sure if its available in usa, it seems like a european brand

11-05-2004
Swim Upstream

Fenjal - old fashioned & very feminine but all the better for it! it means my husband doesn't pinch it...

11-05-2004
elementary.

Quote:
Originally posted by helena@May 11th, 2004 - 6:46 am
Fenjal - old fashioned & very feminine but all the better for it! it means my husband doesn't pinch it...
i absolutely adore the smell of fenjal. it's sooo nice.

front row

i guess im the only one so far who uses lady speedstick with the powerstripe. in peaches, i like it

21-05-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by sbbbjm@May 7th, 2004 - 12:49 am
this is gonna sound kinda gross but i really don't use deodorant that often cuz when i get sweaty its just sweaty, i don't get the BO that comes with it. i mean it kinda makes sense though cuz the only reason why you get BO is because you have bacteria under your arms and that bacteria mixes with warm sweat and makes a not so desirable smell. i'm a hygeine freak so i shower and scrub like 2x a day so bacteria doesn't even have the chance to stay there. and i know i dont stink because well this is gonna sound gross too but i've had people actually smell me right after being sweat soaked and the only smell they could detect was that 'being outside' (not something that was emitted from my body) kinda smell cuz it was after a 5 mile run. maybe i'm a freak. thank your for reading my wonderful story as gross sounding as it is.
I never use it. I never sweat under my arms. Maybe I'm missing some sweat glands or something

When I do my cardio workouts my head (because I have thick hair), and my back are the only parts of me that sweat. My father is the same way, I must have inherited his "non-sweaty" genes.

My boyfriend on the other hand smells like a gym sock after he gets back from football (soccer) games and practices.

He is completely aware of his stinkyness yet insists one giving me hugs after his games! blah

He uses some south american brand of deoderant. Smells nice, like cologne.

22-05-2004
scenester

I looooove Weleda deodorant. It comes in a lovely glass bottle and smells gorgeous. It doesn't plug up your pores either.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deodorant, favorite