How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2009
V.I.P.

Just checked out that site. What is the claim of the purpose of the gold and its efficacy in the products? And for the cleanser, there is no size or .oz indicated, and it's a pretty pricey cleanser, over $100? I already consider my La Prairie cleansers at $75-$90 pricey and then Sisley's cleansers are all over $100 but why this line which is next-to-unknown charging so much without giving out good information on their products on their website? It's harder to trust products you cannot try in person, like at a counter.

27-07-2009
front row

LTEC: I've used the Shiseido one from the skincare line - it foams up really nicely! I LOVE this cleanser!! I do like Clarins' ultra foaming cleanser as well - makes the skin really clean and gorgeous!

27-07-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

LTEC have you tried any Alpha H products? I've heard great things about the cleanser, and am planning on trying that in conjunction with the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. Just to mix things up when my skin gets too used to the one product.

V.I.P.

I havent tried any Alpha H products Belowen, but have also heard good things of them. And I would love to have that Special Cleansing Gel, it feels sooo nice on the skin, and then I love how easily it rinses and really cleans without stripping at all.

[vogue] I used to use Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleansing for dry and sensitive skin, since then they have reformulated it I guess and come out with 3 foaming cleansers? Which one did you like?

And is The Skincare from Shiseido cleanser called Purifying Cleansing Foam? Isnt there one called Nurturing or Nourishing, one for more dry/sensitive skin?

I am on a department store website for Shiseido section, and just see the Purifying one and then this Brightening Cleansing Foam..that interests me, whitening/brightening products always interest me and lure me for some reason, I guess it is the 'ideal' thought (for me at least) of having that almost translucent alabaster flawless skin, but I recently went blonde so I need a tan, or at least some color in my face.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

28-07-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I guess it is the 'ideal' thought (for me at least) of having that almost translucent alabaster flawless skin,
This is also my ideal

trendsetter

anyone would recommend a cleaser for dry combo, senstive/reactive skin?

V.I.P.

You were using the micellar (sp?) water cleansers for awhile right jj? Anything other than that? For sensitive skin dont use anything foaming. something you can lightly apply and remove with cotton.

I have very sensitive skin myself and am always looking for a new cleanser. I liked the La Prairie foam cleanser for a long time, years, because I'm male and shave it helped soften my beard, it may also (dont know, just a possibility) have dried me out. So I like emulsion cleansers, in PM, I will always like a foaming cleanser because I believe its nice and helps shaving better and quicker/When i shave I need that rinsed off quick.

Anyhow what is your skin look like? Redness? Irritated easily? Breakout? And where? I'm asking a lot of questions tonight, I'll get back to you within the week if you see this

29-07-2009
Ombre Tissees de Chanel

Quote:
I havent tried any Alpha H products Belowen, but have also heard good things of them. And I would love to have that Special Cleansing Gel, it feels sooo nice on the skin, and then I love how easily it rinses and really cleans without stripping at all.

[vogue] I used to use Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleansing for dry and sensitive skin, since then they have reformulated it I guess and come out with 3 foaming cleansers? Which one did you like?

And is The Skincare from Shiseido cleanser called Purifying Cleansing Foam? Isnt there one called Nurturing or Nourishing, one for more dry/sensitive skin?

I am on a department store website for Shiseido section, and just see the Purifying one and then this Brightening Cleansing Foam..that interests me, whitening/brightening products always interest me and lure me for some reason, I guess it is the 'ideal' thought (for me at least) of having that almost translucent alabaster flawless skin, but I recently went blonde so I need a tan, or at least some color in my face.

Thank you both for your suggestions.
The Shiseido one, is only Brightening for Europe, in Asia is it a Whitening cleanser...

I can reccommand you the cleansers of Dr. Brandt, the foaming cleanser is really really nice to use, and it wouldn't leave a dryed-out feeling! And when you want a good tan, use the selftan of FusionBeauty, or St.Tropez!!

When you want to try some things, please visit the nearest Douglas!

Last edited by Diedejan; 29-07-2009 at 12:12 AM.
29-07-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
You were using the micellar (sp?) water cleansers for awhile right jj? Anything other than that? For sensitive skin dont use anything foaming. something you can lightly apply and remove with cotton.

I have very sensitive skin myself and am always looking for a new cleanser. I liked the La Prairie foam cleanser for a long time, years, because I'm male and shave it helped soften my beard, it may also (dont know, just a possibility) have dried me out. So I like emulsion cleansers, in PM, I will always like a foaming cleanser because I believe its nice and helps shaving better and quicker/When i shave I need that rinsed off quick.

Anyhow what is your skin look like? Redness? Irritated easily? Breakout? And where? I'm asking a lot of questions tonight, I'll get back to you within the week if you see this
see, the skin is dry underneath so it keep pumping oil, and if i use any cleasing/foaming stuff or a stiff cotton pad, it will irritate my skin, which cause breaking out.
im using sensibio h20, eau roma water by lush and vanishing cream moisturiser by lush. im also looking for face moisturiser too (because im in hong kong and hong kong is a really humid place), like somthing is very hydrating for senstive skin, but it is not too nourishing. i was thinking about biotherm, but they dont have the senstive line in hong kong anymore

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I was considering trying one of the Dr Brandt cleansers (I do love their pores no more) but I have a sample of the Alpha H triple action cleanser coming my way, so I'll check that out first. Also interested in some of the new Perricone MD cleansers I've seen at my favourite store here (Mecca)

windowshopping

Has anyone tried Checks and Balances from Origins? If you have, how is it and would you reccommed it someone with acne prone/sensitive skin??

31-07-2009
a hymn to darkness

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed

windowshopping

My favourite skin cleansers are Likas Papaya Soap and handmade organic soaps.

31-07-2009
front row

Liz Earle "Cleanse and Polish" with those magic muslin clothes! I especially love the colours of the packaging because they match my other bath products and makeup cases haha

31-07-2009
front row

^^^Very affordable products too I might add...no 24 carat gold dust

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleanser, favourite, recommendations