How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2009
front row

I can't give you Karma LetThemEatCake - but the sentiment is there - thankyou! I might try it out when winter kicks in and my skin becomes dry

29-09-2009
Power to the 99%

Here's a link to a discussion of mineral oil: http://www.herballuxuries.com/mineral-oil.htm

I object to it on the basis that it's petroleum-derived, and I like the point this article makes--your skin is an organ, not a car part

29-09-2009
THE STRANGER

^Thanks for the link fashionista-ta! It's so heartbreaking to accept the fact that this amazing cleansing oil has mineral oil in it I guess in a way the Shu Uemura cleanser only stays on the skin for a minute... So it's surely not as bad as those products with mineral oil that you leave on overnight

30-09-2009
In Bloom

^I don't think so either. I might be the reason you haven't had any reactions.

we were in love

30-09-2009
little soul

michyed, the cleansing oil from mac is what I use and really can't live without, and it's 100% mineral oil free - if you feel that you no longer want to use or repurchase the Shu Uemura later on. I've never tried the Shu so I can't compare the two but this is really excellent for getting rid of every last scrap of makeup & sunscreen.

V.I.P.

^^Been curious about that. Thanks for adding in that it's 100% free of mineral oil.
Because I do like the OCM before a regular cleanse usually, I was looking for something else since the Darphin is not recommended to rinse off. And I NEED the action of rinsing before applying a foam to the clarisonic or just The Cure Cleanser that I'm using like liquid gold.

01-10-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu_miu View Post
michyed, the cleansing oil from mac is what I use and really can't live without, and it's 100% mineral oil free - if you feel that you no longer want to use or repurchase the Shu Uemura later on. I've never tried the Shu so I can't compare the two but this is really excellent for getting rid of every last scrap of makeup & sunscreen.
Thank you for the recommendation! Does it wash off well?

01-10-2009
little soul

Super easy, no residue - although I would not use it as a cleanser exclusively, just to remove all my makeup and then do my normal routine

In Bloom

Bf got us some La Roche-Posay stuff yesterday (love that boy ), and one of them was the Physiological Cleansing Gel. It's really lovely...for oily skin. It dries me out to the point where my skin is sore, and that goes for every gel cleanser out there.

I can only cleanse once and only with an oil cleanser, otherwise my skin gets stripped for moisture. miu miu I actually don't think it's necessary to cleanse twice when using an oil cleanser (depending on the quality and how much it lathers etc). The whole point with oil cleansers is that you remove makeup and cleanse your skin at the same time, no?

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 02-10-2009 at 04:57 AM.
02-10-2009
front row

does anyone else use Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 55 sunscreen, and if so what are you using to get it off your face at the end of the day? somehow my oil cleansers (including Shu and Kose) aren't doing it.

02-10-2009
little soul

I just use the oil cleanser as a remover, I don't feel it has any additional effect on my skin - but it's oily enough that I can use both with no problems. Your mileage may vary with oil cleansers, especially if you make your own - but this works for me just fine.

NeverNude, I have always heard that oil cleansers are the best for removing Shiseido 55 - if it's not removed properly then it can clog pores and that's why people haven't liked it initially. I would search MakeUpAlley because that's a popular sunscreen over there

Last edited by miu_miu; 02-10-2009 at 04:41 PM.
01-12-2009
front row

switching off my Kose Softymo Deep cleanser proved to be a horrible mistake - one that I quickly corrected.

I don't at all buy into the negativity surrounding mineral oil usage, as long as it's used properly. I wouldn't use it in a moisturizer or foundation but as a cleanser it's just fine.

Last edited by Lite_Brite; 01-12-2009 at 01:11 AM.
01-12-2009
V.I.P.

Anyone here that uses the Care line by Stella McCartney?

I've had the foaming cleanser since August and every time I use it, my skin is always so SOFT I really enjoy the smell and the texture.... and it seems like my skin looks a bit better since I started using it. It's hard to tell because I have a really bad lifestyle these months (school...... not smoking/drinking) but no breaking out, except for the occasional zit

01-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Speaking of cleansers... I'm still looking for a non-oil cleanser suitable for dry skin that doesn't lather, doesn't strip your face face of moisture and leaves your face feeling soft (not tight).

Here are some cleansers I am trying to pick from... If anybody has tried any of them, do let me know!

Aveda • Botanical Kinetics Purifying Creme Cleanser
Dr. Hauschka • Cleansing Cream
Origins • Pure Cream Cleanser
Clarins • Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream
Clarins • Cleansing Milk for Dry to Normal skin
L'Occitane • Shea Butter Extra Gentle Cleansing Milk
L'Occitane • Shea & Organic Cotton Ultra Comforting Cleansing Milk

01-12-2009
front row

I just bought Bliss Steep Clean cleansing milk a little while back, and it's fantastic!
There's salicylic acid in it and it makes my skin clean and even helped with the disappearing of 2 little bumps on my jawline! Love this.

I also use their clog dissolving cleansing milk which doubles as a quick, 5 minute mask as it has got enzymes in them. Fantastic despite the strong smell!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleanser, favourite, recommendations