How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2009
rising star

michyed, out of that list I've used the Clarins comfort cleanser, the Dr Hauschka cleanser and the Aveda cleanser.

I didn't like the Dr H one at all, it clogged my skin up like nothing else (and I was also using it in conjunction with the Cleansing Cream exfoliator).

I had a gigantic bottle of the Aveda one that I finished only a few months ago (it lasted me about nine months using twice a day). It was good at cleansing my face but couldn't take off more than minimal amounts of makeup (I don't tend to wear heavy makeup) unless I really scrubbed at my face with the face washer.

The Clarins extra-comfort cleanser is excellent and probably my favourite of the ones off that list I've tried. It's not greasy but quite gentle and seemed to get all my slap off. Hope that helps a bit.

02-12-2009
THE STRANGER

^Oh that was so helpful! Thank you very much

06-09-2010
trendsetter

Bump! Any recs for a foaming or gel cleanser that you can use on a wet face with wet hands?

I swear by the OCM method every night, but since I run regularly now I need something I can use straightaway in the shower to remove sunscreen and sweat.

Nothing too drying...

06-09-2010
front row

^Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel is my HG day-to-day cleanser. It's very gentle but effective on my combo skin. However, I don't wear any makeup besides mascara and a little concealer, and I doubt this cleanser would take off heavy makeup by itself. It's nice and cheap too, a bottle is around $8 and it's huge. I only use about two peas worth of cleanser on my whole face and that's enough.

When I get a few small bumps from stress or hormonal changes, I use MB Glycolic Foaming Cleanser once or twice. Be warned, though, this stuff feels really gentle, not drying or anything, but it's POWERFUL. I had several bumps on my chin during finals week stress and I had this as a sample so I used it 3 times within 48 hours. It felt fine and cleared up the break-out, but a few days later my cheeks and around my mouth were insanely dry and rough. It took a few days to get back to normal and I learned my lesson. Now I don't use this cleanser more than once every day and a half.

If I'm ever washing off a scrub or treatment and want something that is not irritating and doesn't have an exfoliating agent (unlike the two MB cleansers) I just use Johnson & Johnson baby wash. Very gentle and basic, and dirt cheap I also use it to clean makeup brushes!

07-09-2010
trendsetter

Baby wash, really?? That sounds lovely...I love the scent and packaging of baby products..

I'm presently using Nuxe 3 Roses foam which works scarily well, gentle and non-drying but it smells like petrol...
A long time ago I used to love the Dior Gel d'Eau Nettoyant Magique, coming to think of it...

11-09-2010
front row

my fav cleanser now is Caudalie micellar water (there are also good micellar water by Darphin and La Roche Posay). Also i love cleansing emulsion by Payot(pink line for sensitive skin).So soft and so tender!

11-09-2010
fancypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite_Brite View Post
does anyone else use Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 55 sunscreen, and if so what are you using to get it off your face at the end of the day? somehow my oil cleansers (including Shu and Kose) aren't doing it.
My mom uses this product religiously. I don't know what it is about Korean women and their protection of skin... but she goes through these like it's nothin'!

She pairs it with Shiseido's White Lucent Brightening cleansing foam. I believe it comes off fine just with this facial cleanser. I personally use their Pureness cleanser.

12-09-2010
front row

^ I had to stop using that sunscreen and any like it. Turns out that it isn't a matter of using the right cleanser, my skin just can't tolerate silicone.

15-09-2010
tfs star

does anyone use the origins cleansing oil?

http://www.origins.co.uk/templates/p...T_ID=PROD74777

would love to hear anyones thoughts.x

Last edited by tifa; 15-09-2010 at 06:11 PM.
16-09-2010
front row

^ I bought the origins oil cleanser about a month ago and love it! I was using the green shu oil but was concerned that it contained mineral oil so I picked up a bottle of the origins.(origins is also way cheaper) It takes all my makeup and sunscreen off really well, emulsifies really nicely and rinses clean. It smells nice, it's a citrus with a hint of a natural herb-ish scent.

20-09-2010
backstage pass

My favourite cleansers are Decleor Cleansing Gel and Decleor Foaming Cleanser! The cleansing gel totally changed my skin when i started using it a year ago. Now i don´t have acne anymore so i switched to the foaming cleanser a month ago and my face is still clear I also like the md formulations cleansing gel but it´s a little too hars for my skin so i can´t use it every day. I use it at night twice a week.

Last edited by Nikoline; 20-09-2010 at 05:06 PM.
21-09-2010
What fresh hell is this.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregeous View Post
^ I bought the origins oil cleanser about a month ago and love it! I was using the green shu oil but was concerned that it contained mineral oil so I picked up a bottle of the origins.(origins is also way cheaper) It takes all my makeup and sunscreen off really well, emulsifies really nicely and rinses clean. It smells nice, it's a citrus with a hint of a natural herb-ish scent.
Yeah I use it as well and really like it. Though I don't really have much to compare it with since this is my first cleansing oil. I bought it about a month ago as well. I mostly use it before going to bed. It removes all of my makeup, though I don't really wear much. And it doesn't irritate my skin or make me oily which are my main concerns when it comes to skincare products.

Making a Mess

Has anyone used the Wexler cleansers (either the acnescription or the dual foaming) from bath and body works?

The cleanser I'm using right now is just terrible. Really dries out my skin. I am way overdue to change up my skincare regimen.

I've heard great reviews about Pat Wexler's skincare line but am just curious if any of my fellow tFSers use it and would recommend it?

tfs star

well, i bought the origins cleansing oil and my skin is looking better 4 days in

30-09-2010
front row

does anybody know of a good cleanser you can use without water? the water here is ruining my skin

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleanser, favourite, recommendations