How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2010
rising star

^ I've been eyeing up L'Occitane's Ultra Calming Cleansing Milk cause it says "it protects skin from irritations caused by hard water" and it has quite good reviews on MUA.

I'm a fan of oil cleansers though, I've only used Dermalogica Precleanse, but it does the job of cleaning off all my makeup better than any other type of cleanser I have tried, without making my face all tight.

02-10-2010
fashion elite

I use Purifying Foaming Cleanser by Jurlique. It works well for me and the water here is really hard and I use two small squirts in the shower and that covers my face and neck.

04-10-2010
front row

^
thanks both of you

Making a Mess

So I didn't end up purchasing the Wexler cleanser line because its not sold here in Canada (however it can be shipped from the website... odd).

But its a good thing because I ended up going with Dermalogica. Which is a line I've been looking into for quite awhile but wasn't sure I wanted to spend that amount of money. Definitely worth it though! I can already see a difference in my skin.

rising star

I used to wash my face with Zirh but I wasn't happy with it, it was heavy for my skin.

I also tried the REN Mayblossom & Blue Cypress one but it was extra gentle and couldn't really clean my face, I had to use a lot, but otherwise it's a very good product, very light.

I bought the Weleda Almond facial cleanser which was very good, light and cleaned my face well.

I finally bought the Kyoku cleanser and I'm very very happy with it. It's not as light as the previous two, but it's so good for my skin.

09-10-2010
tfs star

the one i use the most is Avene Cold Creme Gel Cleanser. it's amazingly hydrating and creamy without leaving behind residue and the jar is like 14 oz so i also use it as body wash. on the occasion's i wear heavier make-up i use YSL Pureness Cleansing Satiny Oil. it's the best cleansing oil i've tried and i've tried em all.

11-10-2010
windowshopping

Sabon Face Polisher
I'm very much in love with the Sabon Face Polisher. I recently visited the Sabon store on Spring Street in NY & fell in love! My girlfriends and I splurged on fantastic products & this is one of my favorites!

It's a polisher I use about twice a week. I love that it has the mint ingredient, feels so invigorating. I've also noticed that my skin has been a lot more hydrated and smoother because of it.

Another thing I always use at least once a week is a mud mask - keeps your skin ridiculously smooth afterwards and got rid of a lot of oil.

But, as far as a daily routine, I keep it simple with the Clean & Clear exfoliating scrub with menthol. Keeps unnecessary breakouts at bay & leaves me feeling fresh

10-08-2012
front row

I'd like some sort of cleanser to use in the morning. I have rather oily skin and some redness, so I'd like something that deals with oil and helps keep oil from developing during the day, helps with redness, and doesn't clog pores. Any ideas?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
I'd like some sort of cleanser to use in the morning. I have rather oily skin and some redness, so I'd like something that deals with oil and helps keep oil from developing during the day, helps with redness, and doesn't clog pores. Any ideas?
how about neutrogena oil free acne wash?

or the neutrogena grapegruit version of the oil free acne wash...

those are both bestsellers...

front row

^I don't think that will work for me. 2% salicylic acid is too strong. That is the same concentration that was in my two previous astringents, and those were very drying and reddening.

tfs star

I'm kinda obsessed with face cleansers. My top 3 at the moment:

lekarnar.si

discounto.de

pardonme.de

11-08-2012
front row

Glyco Creamy Cleanser 15% by Dermaquest is my HG! It's 15% glycolic acid and I use it day and night with my Clarisonic. You can even leave it on longer (say 5 minutes) for an intense treatment.

12-08-2012
front row

Is this stuff any good?

Source: Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/clear-complex...?skuId=1227909

rising star

I usually use Avène or La Roche-Posay for cleansing milk, but Weleda for foaming products. Sometimes Vichy also, they're very good.

13-08-2012
rising star

^^ I've got the black/warming boscia cleanser as it is the highest rated cleanser on sephora and thought it was terrible!

Over drying and made me breakout - maybe the smell?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleanser, favourite, recommendations