How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-07-2006
V.I.P.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub
Clinique take the day off cleansing balm

12-07-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyes
Question for joie: Is the Weleda Almond cleanser a kind of almond paste that you pat and roll into the face? In that case it would be similar to the Dr. Hauschka one that I use, only maybe cheaper... Are you familiar with Dr. Hauschka?
Sorry it's taken me ages to get back to you- I don't subscribe to threads, my bad.

The Almond cleanser is just a cleansing lotion rather than a paste- unfortunately it's not anything like the Dr H cleansing cream otherwise you could save yourself some $$! I vaguely recall someone on MUA making up their own version of the Dr H paste though... can't remember who it was, sorry.

13-07-2007
windowshopping

Product Help
I have been thinking of investing in a more expensive face wash, because nothing else is helping my skin ever since Proactiv stoped working for me, but I'm not sure which one is right for me. I've looked around makeupalley.com but there are so many products I dont know which ones to look at!

I have mostly oily skin, maybe combination skin.
I tend to breakout around my cheeks (possibly from talking on the phone) and somewhat around the chin.
And no matter what I do, even if I do not touch or pick at my zits, they still seem to leave scars.

Is there any good products out there that can help to get rid of breakouts/scars and PREVENT them also??

The help is EXTREMELY appreciated. lots of karma to anyone who can help me.

if I didnt include enough information feel free to ask any questions.

13-07-2007
fashion icon

I'm a bit of a LUSH fan, there is a thread on here which you could check out and also the staff in the stores are always super friendly and helpful. However, check out the reviews both on the thread and on MUA as the products don't always work for everyone. Burts Bees Orange Blossom cleaner worked well for me, but it is too oily and heavy for some, so see if you can get a tster first. I have oily or sometimes combination skin btw. Other brands that I've seen reccomended on here are Dermologica and Origins (which both also have threads on here).

For scars, I've heard getting the oil from inside vitamin e oil capsules is very good, but I have no personal experience so I can't reccomend it completely. As for prevention, I geuss there must be a way but unfortunatly I think some people are just more prone to scaring than others.

I hope this helped as I know how hard it is trying to find the right products

13-07-2007
backstage pass

I can't give you first hand advice because my skin tends to behave well, but I've read some things in other forums that you may find helpful.

I'm a Kanebo fan, and I recommend their products to everybody. There is a cleanser from the Sensai Silky Purifying line called Mud Soap that you can use both as a cleanser and a face mask. It's for oily skin and it's said to work wonders. Maybe the price scares you a little bit, but their products last so long because you only need to use very little.

Concerning breakouts and their scars, I've only heard good things about this product, Diácneal, from the brand Eau Thermale Avène. You shouldn't use in Summer because it contains glycolic acid. You put a layer of it before going to bed and it's said to make your blemishes and their sings disappear.

A good alternative for summer is Effaclar K, from La Roche-Posay. You can use it twice and it's a renewal fluid for oily skin. I'm used it in my back because I had a few blemishes and it really helped. Eau Thermale Avène has a similar product, Cleanance K.

I hope you found this useful

13-07-2007
front row

If i were to spend money on something it would be moisturizer. I once read that cleanser should be your cheapest item, since it's on your face for less than a minute. Masks and moisturizer are more worth it.

If you have scars, you'll need exfoliating, that would help get rid of them more than a cleanser. Try an aspirin mask or anything with BHA/AHA. Also vitamin C serums are supposed to really help your face in general.

Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxb3bigurlxix View Post
I have been thinking of investing in a more expensive face wash, because nothing else is helping my skin ever since Proactiv stoped working for me, but I'm not sure which one is right for me. I've looked around makeupalley.com but there are so many products I dont know which ones to look at!

I have mostly oily skin, maybe combination skin.
I tend to breakout around my cheeks (possibly from talking on the phone) and somewhat around the chin.
And no matter what I do, even if I do not touch or pick at my zits, they still seem to leave scars.

Is there any good products out there that can help to get rid of breakouts/scars and PREVENT them also??

The help is EXTREMELY appreciated. lots of karma to anyone who can help me.

if I didnt include enough information feel free to ask any questions.
You may find The Acne Thread and the Treating Acne/Facial Scars Thread helpful as well

~Madeleine Albright

Last edited by Hipkitten; 14-07-2007 at 11:07 AM.
15-07-2007
front row

clinique mild soap

15-07-2007
trendsetter

cold cream, yes, JUST cold cream.

front row

I'm using Sisley's Cleansing Milk and the Buff and Wash scrub. It's working well for me! I love the organic smell..

15-07-2007
rising star

I use dermalogica. I tried using clinique but it gave me this huge rash all over my face (particularly around eyes) and all my teachers kept asking if I was alright. >.<

15-07-2007
fashion elite

Ocm!!

16-07-2007
backstage pass

Kanebo Creamy Soap

16-07-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
Ocm!!
I know, using an oil based cleaner (cold cream is almost pure mineral oil) has really made my face better. It is no longer crazy oily and pimply

fashion icon

^See I don't know what I did wrong with OCM, it really didn't work for me, but I'm going to give it another try soon!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleanser, favourite, recommendations