How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-05-2007
Diamond

Everyone please review tFS guidelines regarding Medical Issues and Advice.

tFS members are not qualified to give medical advice. Only your physician can determine if Gardasil is right for you.

~Madeleine Albright

29-05-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post
Im right in thinking this is the one you need to be a virgin for it to work ?? because thats why ive never bothered to get it .. theres one which only virgins can get is this it ??
If you read the information about it, they say it's BEST if you get it before you become sexually active, but since it prevents different types of viruses, you can get it even if you have one of those viruses and it'll guard you against the rest. Consult the website - it talks about that.

I asked my doctor about that, since I'm sexually active and I originally thought it was just for virgins, but my doctor said no. You should consult your doctor about it.

10-06-2007
scenester

I think it's a really good idea. I don't know why you wouldn't want to do this.

I just got mine

13-06-2007
trendsetter

Just got my second shot today.

14-06-2007
barack the vote

i've gotten mine... i think you'd be crazy not to get the shots considering how much of a risk cervical cancer is to women.
i read something in glamour about the vaccine and this one woman wasnt letting her daughter get it. what she said was "i know my daughter will wait to have sex until marriage and because of her purity of heart, she won't become infected. it worked for me"... oh come on, give me a break.

15-06-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyandgemmafan View Post
I've gotten my first shot already and am meant to get my second one in a few weeks. I'm right in the age range so I think now is the best time to get it and I think it's a very good idea to get if you fill all of the requirements/can afford it.
same with me.

22-06-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon View Post
I am sorry but this thread is insane. Am I the only one who trusts pharmaceutical companies as much as the British law enforcement service trust Snoop Dog? I had no idea so many people were brainwashed by corporate capitalism... ah screw that. I had plenty idea. But I still hold out happy hopes sometimes.
I'm right there with you. Did anyone hear about the billion the Texas gov is getting after mandating this for all school age girls?

Madness, pure disgusting madness.

23-06-2007
the crying of humanity

I don't plan on getting it. Honestly, I'd like to live without getting any sort of vaccines/shots.

rising star

I'm still not sure what to do. I'm normally a huge advocate for immunisation, but as has been mentioned by others, this is so new, and we don't know yet how it will effect us. Just think how many times vaccines were 'changed' when it was realised they'd got it wrong. And all those stories about people having seizures and becomming paralysed after having this injection scare me....especially since the story then 'dissapeared' and became very hush-hush. Maybe it's because I recently saw the contant gardener, but I don't trust this one yet.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cancer, cervical, gardasil, hpv, vaccine