How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2014
fashion insider

Glossier
"Beauty junkies and Into The Gloss fans rejoice. Following a series of teaser photos on Instagram, the team behind famed beauty blog Into The Gloss launched makeup line Glossier today. CEO Emily Weiss notes that over the past four years, she saw a need for a beauty brand that engaged with its consumers beyond mass marketing. Weiss credits Into The GlossĎ content-rich environment, which provides an ongoing conversation with customers on a daily basis, with uncovering this gap in the marketplace. Glossierís first collection, Phase 1, is focused on skincare as well as makeup and includes the brandís Soothing Face Mist, Priming Moisturizer, Perfecting Skin Tint and Balm Dotcom, which were made to work together to perfect skin. The products in this first collection range from $12 to $26 or can be purchased as a set for $80 on Glossier.com."

-TFS

Has anyone heard of Emily Weiss', the into the gloss writer, new cosmetic line? Has anyone tried it yet?

It's caught my eye, because obviously it does with it's nice packaging, marketing, buzz, fresh pics etc. But I'm wondering what it's really worth in the end..

11-10-2014
backstage pass

Haven't tried it yet but I have followed the whole marketing process through the social networks (Instagram mainly). It sounds interesting, and I love Into The Gloss' approach to beauty with their articles and video tutorials, so I'd be interested to have some review too. My skin is quite sensitive these days though and needing some real pharmaceutical products so don't think I'll try it soon.

12-10-2014
fashion insider

I just gave a real look to the into the gloss website and I'm hooked
I've only seen people post the products they received but nothing about how the products are. :-/ My skin is pretty annoying, I just want to find something easy to give my skin a fresh look and this seems like what I'm looking for.. But since I can't see or test it irl ... (mainly because they don't have a shop, but because I'm in Paris too..)
Plus I went through the FAQ section, they don't test on animals (which makes me happy )

windowshopping

I have the priming moisturizer and I really like it, I have dry and kind of sensitive skin and I haven't had any problems with it irritating my skin at all. I wish it had SPF though.

3 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

I haven't tried Glossier but I Emily Weiss and Annie Kreighbaum.

like everyone said, their marketing for it is pretty amazing and I love the idea behind it. the only thing holding me back from trying is that I'm way into my own makeup rut and need to read more reviews/experiences before trying anything new. Makeupalley is a godsend for that.

front row

I'm very interested in Glossier too. Would be keen to try the skin tint and balm. I think their marketing and branding is genius!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
glossier