How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2005
windowshopping

Hairy Arms - Waxing or Shaving?
I really hate my arm hairs. Personally I think it kinda just looks "manly". And I want to shave it or somehow get rid of it. But if I do shave it, WILL it come back thicker?

Or is waxing it better?

13-01-2005
backstage pass

If you shave the hairs will grow back thicker, darker and quicker Waxing is the most efficient way of hiar removal in my eyes. Your hairs are suppose to be thinner and lighter over time if you wax. Or so i've heard.

windowshopping

There is a down side to both. Shaving won't make the hair thicker, but it will be obvious when new growth appears. Plus, it may be a pain to keep up with. on the other hand, you have to wait until their is enough new growth to rewax. I would recommend laser hair removal. Usually you can see a difference after your first visit and depending on your specific situation, it can take as many as six to eight sessions. There are usually monthly specials at salons which offer this so you may want to call around. Another option, if the laser hair removal is not for you, is perhaps lightening the hair so it is less noticable.

13-01-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarosetti
There is a down side to both. Shaving won't make the hair thicker, but it will be obvious when new growth appears. Plus, it may be a pain to keep up with. on the other hand, you have to wait until their is enough new growth to rewax. I would recommend laser hair removal. Usually you can see a difference after your first visit and depending on your specific situation, it can take as many as six to eight sessions. There are usually monthly specials at salons which offer this so you may want to call around. Another option, if the laser hair removal is not for you, is perhaps lightening the hair so it is less noticable.
yes laser hair removal is the best i only had one session and that already made a huge difference....

13-01-2005
trendsetter

Hey, I have kind of hairy arms as well. Today my friend who shares the same problem and I decided to bleach our arm hair. We just used a simple bleach kit (Sally Hansen I believe). It was cheap and effective! The hair is not noticable at all unless you took a good look.

Just a suggestion!

14-01-2005
trendsetter

Yeah, I would suggest bleaching the hair. Its usually all thats needed and so much easier than having to wax or shave and is a lot cheaper than laser.

14-01-2005
rising star

i have bothe shaved and waxed my arm since.....i dont remember.... and i can tell you i really regret that!
so bleach it!!!

01-04-2005
V.I.P.

What about Veet or Nair? would it be okay on forearms?

02-04-2005
Fly my pretties... Fly!

waxing

02-04-2005
fashion insider

Well I think a lot of the time having no hairs on arms looks kinda fake and not nice, its a lot of maintenance....a lot of my friends just bleach and thin the hairs.

02-04-2005
V.I.P.

i think you should bleach them(if they are a bad colour) or just thin them out..a agree with misssakura it looks really fake and weird not having hairs on your arms!

03-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by acester
i think you should bleach them(if they are a bad colour) or just thin them out..a agree with misssakura it looks really fake and weird not having hairs on your arms!
laser hair removal would be good for that. it usually removes 20% of the hairs each session, so you can limit how much it is thinned out by limiting how many sessions you have. And depending on how strong they set the laser they can target darker or lighter hairs.

before you get angry let me just explain, i thought it one of those beedy eyed squirrels
03-04-2005
Frozen irony.

Waxing.

03-04-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxshayman
laser hair removal would be good for that. it usually removes 20% of the hairs each session, so you can limit how much it is thinned out by limiting how many sessions you have. And depending on how strong they set the laser they can target darker or lighter hairs.
Great if you've got a lot of money to spend...

03-04-2005
rising star

^ very true. But once it's done there is no further maintenance; so the convenience of it and long term value is very good.

before you get angry let me just explain, i thought it one of those beedy eyed squirrels
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arms, hairy, shaving, waxing