How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2004
rising star

I have very dark and slightly puffy "bags" under my eyes. I've read that hemorrhoid cream works for them. It sounds kind of gross though... has anyone tried this?

17-10-2004
V.I.P.

suzy_stiltz is back...

17-10-2004
V.I.P.

It, according to many people, works for puffiness. Not darkness though, trust me... I was stupid enough to try.

17-10-2004
rising star

Lol... thanks. It seemed kind of odd

18-10-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by desertrose05@Oct 17 2004, 11:16 AM
I have very dark and slightly puffy "bags" under my eyes. I've read that hemorrhoid cream works for them. It sounds kind of gross though... has anyone tried this?
[snapback]399373[/snapback]
As odd as it might seem it does work for puffy eyes. My theory is that the cream makes the small veins under the eye retract and provides circulation of the fluids stuck there.

It works if your problem is that fluid is stuck under your eye as a lack of circulation, BUT, there is a drawback however, and its not small..It also makes the skin under your eye thinner if you use it over time. So its not a good idea to do so...

but if the problem is due to sagging of your midface (happens when your older, gross huh?? )

the cheecks sag and forces the fatpads naturally located on the backside of your eye to come forward/downward and shows itself as bags under your eyes...if thats the case then this cream has no use whatsoever...only surgery

tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Oct 18 2004, 12:18 AM
suzy_stiltz is back...
[snapback]399458[/snapback]

18-10-2004
front row

Hemorroid cream has been used by celebrities for years-it takes down swelling and shrinks tissues (in those certain areas) as it does for puffy undereyes and droopy jowls. Marilyn Monroe used to smear her face with the stuff...

But I think it could stink like hell though!

18-10-2004
yes

isnt that dangerous?

18-10-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Oct 18 2004, 03:17 PM
isnt that dangerous?
[snapback]400970[/snapback]
Nope, I imagine that hemorrhoid cream is used to stop excess blood-supply to the skin which is, I guess, what causes both hemorrhoids and black rings. If you think about it a black-ring is probably just an area with a lot of de-oxygenated blood near to the skin...

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Oct 18 2004, 10:17 PM
isnt that dangerous?
[snapback]400970[/snapback]
She also had silicone injected directly in to her breats...Im glad the world has come a long way since that...I wouldnt recomend using it in your face, It thins out your skin if you use it on a regular basis as I said, just like hydrocortisone would do. But Its ok to try just to have done so.....mind you, its not a miracle cream, if you have bags under your eyes that are fatpads and not fluid, they will still be there after you use the cream, and its difficult to put on a decent makeup over it (its rather greasy, for obvius reasons

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cream, hemorrhoid