How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2009
windowshopping

High heels causes bunions?
What are bunions?
It is bump that forms on the side of the big toe, usually caused by tight, narrow shoes, such as high heels.

Hmmm..
I am very curious to know if it is common in the fashion industry to see people with bunions, especially fashion models who wear high heels for a career? It seems like it's not a common subject.. but it seems like it should be since it would probably affect a lot of people that frequent the Fashion Spot forum. I know there are many shoe lovers on this forum haha !

Please!
Tell me if you have bunions or know anyone with bunions.

I found that I have a bunion on my right toe and I am very curious to see how people deal with it on an everyday basis! I am scared that because of developing bunions I have to resort to ugly, comfortable shoes when I would like to continue wearing fashionable shoes.

Paris Hilton, Oprah, Victoria Beckham have bunions

21-02-2009
front row

There is plastic surgery for bunions.

What Causes a Bunion?
Bunions are most often caused by an inherited faulty mechanical structure of the foot. It is not the bunion itself that is inherited, but certain foot types that make a person prone to developing a bunion. footphysicians.com

Hopefully I don't have bunions, I think they are weird looking and I personally hate to see them in models or celebrities disgusting !!!

21-02-2009
V.I.P.

They're probably caused by ill fitting shoes, especially high heels where the toes are jammed together.
I wear heels every so often, but I make sure not to wear them for too long during the day because it really can cause foot problems in the future.
I think the best way to avoid bunions is by wearing shoes that FIT. Don't be ashamed of having big feet, having to resort to smaller shoe sizes. I have slightly big feet, and proud of it! :p Point is, you want your foot to be comfortable especially in shoes you wear many hours of the say, yet still remain fashionable.
I personally like wedges and espadrilles for a casual day out, they don't strain the foot and usually there's enough room for the toes. So importantly, fit then fashion.
I have no bunions (thankfully) so I don't really know how to help on how to treat them. But I think there are medicated band-aids out there to put on bunions?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bunions, heels, high