How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2006
front row

I use La Prairie's Cellular Microdermabrasion Cream. It's expensive, of course, retailing for $225, but I've made it last two years now almost! When I first purchased it I would use it often, but since the last year I havent really needed to..now that it's winter and I tend to get more dead skin buildup I will be using it again. It's a beautiful product that you apply with your fingertips on damp skin (especially if you're sensitive) and massage gently only for 60 seconds in the area you are applying. Then you are supposed to get into the shower and let the flow of water rinse it off your face, but I dont want to get back into the shower after I've already been in it, so generally I use a water bottle, and lean over the sink as far as I can and tilt the bottle so that the water hits my face and rinses the product off. Afterwards they have a toner that is equally fabulous that accompanies the cream and I've used it before and it's the best toner ever. I use generally all La Prairie for my skincare, but I also use Clarins and Natura Bisse.

10-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Loves Marc
Origins Modern Friction is amazing, makes my skin glow and feel smooth!
Absolutely. I tried since almost 7 months. And I have sensitive skin,but it works well on my skin.

10-10-2006
fashion insider

I was using olay regenerist for a while and it felt lovely but then the bottle sort of fell apart and the contents dried up so i'm back on l'oreal microdermabrasion. It's working relatively well but I need to get a better sunblock.

25-05-2007
rising star

Has anybody used Dr Brandt's microdermabrasion? I signed up for a free event in Sephora this Sunday so I was wondering if anybody attended this event in the past.

05-06-2007
trendsetter

My mother sells Mary Kay stuff and she's always trying to get me to use it. Their microdermabrasion stuff works well and I have very sensitive skin and I'm 22 so it's fine for use on young skin too. I use it once a week in the shower. Just clease first, then use the "abrasion" stuff which is like an exfoliator but superfine grit. Then you smooth on this "replenish" stuff after the shower. My skin is very smooth. Plus it's very cheap for me, I just have to go into my mother's bathroom.

tfs star

You guys, microdermabrasion is a waste of money and may even worsen skin from all I've read. A blue light machine would be a better investment. I don't have one, but have read great things about them. Read this article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in557395.shtml
They cost $400 a pop, which is why I haven't bought one.

Last edited by marqueemoon; 05-06-2007 at 11:51 PM.
07-06-2007
fashion insider

Actually I find I'm getting better results from Angels on Bare Faces than these microderm products..no redness, my skin feels great after and it's evening it out a lot.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
home, microdermabrasion