How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2 - Page 11 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
^^Thank you! I just googled it (I've never heard for LW before) and we have this brand at my local pharmacy! I'm going to check it out asap, I just hope they have higher SPF than just 15. Thanks again.
Np. I think it's a very good product. Louis Widmer has a good skincare line in general... and my dermatologist suggested this sunscreen because other sunscreens were too greasy for me. I just hope you find higher SPF.

26-05-2010
trendsetter

Normally I have oily t-zone, with normal/dry cheeks, but now I have these small dry patches on the hollows of my cheeks I didn't have before. It's not just dry skin, they're really patches of skin that have different texture . I don't know if I'm making sense here..?
Anyone has a suggestion to make them go away, without making the rest of my face oily?

26-05-2010
front row

^^ Do you wear blush? When I wear blush, the hollows of my cheeks get dry. Try using aloe vera gel on them..I break out easily with a lot of moisterizers, so I use aloe vera, it moisterizes and takes all dry spots away.

26-05-2010
V.I.P.

FleurDeLys, what kind of toner do you use?

26-05-2010
front row

I wash my face with natural aloe vera glycerin soap and I try to exfoliate twice a week. At night, I use grape seed skin oil on my face and aquaphor on my eyes. In the morning, I mix aveeno face moisturizer with the aveeno face sunblock 70spf. I think the aveeno spf is greasy at first but once it sinks in, then it's not greasy at all. I have combination skin so my cheeks can get really dry while my tzone can get really oily.

26-05-2010
trendsetter

I drink a good amount of water daily. Probably 50-60 ounces. I've never noticed it helping my breakouts but it does help with redness. That must have something to do with dehydration.

27-05-2010
trendsetter

Liya I wear blush from Clinique, but the spots are actually a bit lower than where I put my blush, and it's only on one side. But I'll def look for aloe vera gel. I googled it and seems to be good for everything
diesanni, I use Bourjois' vitamin-enriched toner during the week (college), and rose water in the weekends when I'm at my parents home.

Thank you all, I'll try all of your suggestions

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 27-05-2010 at 04:15 AM.

27-05-2010
In Bloom

^I got those dry spots too, and nothing made them go away. They just went away by themselves at some point

we were in love

27-05-2010
front row

I really enjoyed reading some of the coments in this thread! However, I'd like to point out there's no difference between a sunscreen SPF 50 and SPF 100000000. It's the same. 50 and 50+ are the same as SPF 90 OR SPF 70. It's pure branding but it means the same - you will burn as much with one as with the other. So don't limit the choice of sunscreens because you want an "spf 70".

I've tried a few Chanel cosmetics - they feel great. I'm considering getting their sunscreen - are they good? Anyone tried them? Hope they are not too greasy?!

However, I would refrain from buying Clinique. All the products I bought from them were most ineffective. Invest a bit more and you'll see the difference.

I love organic products as well though: Neal's yeard (who does all kinds of organic, paraben-free products) is an excellent choice although they don't have an extense sunscreen range. L'Occitanne is also a brand I love, although not organic.

I also suggest this website: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ . They have an excellent database on cosmetics and all the products they have - which every effect they have on you. I highly recommend checking if your product has been reviewed before buying it. You can see there's some nasty chemicals in them at times. It's been developed by the Environmental working group and is unbiased.

28-05-2010
little soul

Chanel UV essential is supposed to be very nice and actually excellent protection (I have never tried it) but possibly very expensive if you use the proper 1/4 teaspoon amount because it's a small bottle.

29-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Liya I
diesanni, I use Bourjois' vitamin-enriched toner during the week (college), and rose water in the weekends when I'm at my parents home.
Now that I've seen a picture of you I don't see anything wrong with your skin at all. You're just beautiful, you must enjoy that! (It's one thing I learned from the series "My so called life": "I was beautiful but I didn't know and therefore couldn't embrace it." That quote broke my heart because it's so true.)

I was asking because I used to use toners that would work perfectly on my T-zone but were too harsh on the rest of my face and made them feel dry.

I've been eying the Bourjois toner for a while now, how is t?

Last edited by diesanni; 29-05-2010 at 01:31 AM.

29-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
Now that I've seen a picture of you I don't see anything wrong with your skin at all. You're just beautiful, you must enjoy that! (It's one thing I learned from the series "My so called life": "I was beautiful but I didn't know and therefore couldn't embrace it." That quote broke my heart because it's so true.)

I was asking because I used to use toners that would work perfectly on my T-zone but were too harsh on the rest of my face and made them feel dry.

I've been eying the Bourjois toner for a while now, how is t?
As I said, the dry patches only appear on one side of my face, the side I deliberately didn't show in the pic. But I have to admit, it's not that bad, it just bothers me. It's just that everytime one skin problem goes away, another one appears.
But thank you, for what you said. I'll try to think about that before complaining again.

As for the Bourjois toner: I like it, I've been using it for 1 or 2 months now I guess, and it's not harsh, but very fresh and it smells great!

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 29-05-2010 at 10:21 AM.

29-05-2010
trendsetter

i just read about sunscreen being unstable. now that is a bummer: i do use sunscreen and think that i do good and now i hear some can also cause free radicals
how do i know if mine is unstable? i use la roche posay

29-05-2010
little soul

LRP are fine If a sunscreen has avobenzone & octinoxate it will degrade quickly making it unstable, but avobenzone can exist if it's stabilised by octocrylene. In any case, euro sunscreens such as LRP, Avene, Bioderma etc are excellent protection as we have different regulations than USA....I think LRP has Mexoryl protection which is photostable.

29-05-2010
backstage pass

Ciona Johnson-King’s 5 steps to an express facial
The celebrity make-up artist for Origins, Ciona Johnson-King, enjoys making over Heather Graham for the red carpet: "She’s a gorgeous person who embraces new looks."

Step 1
Even if your face is without a scrap of make-up, always begin by thoroughly cleansing with a mild cream or mousse to lift excess oil and impurities from the surface of the skin.

Step 2
The jury may be out on the efficacy of using a toner, but a refreshing facial spritz can help to soothe the mind as well as the skin. Choose one with a scent you like, to make the instant hit all the more pleasurable.

Step 3
The strength of the exfoliant you use should always depend on the natural sensitivity of the skin. For those prone to redness, opt for gentle buffing pads, while those whose skin can take some serious sloughing can go for a deep-exfoliating mask.

Step 4
Allow the skin to settle for a few minutes before smoothing a generous amount of hydrating moisturiser over the face, in small circular movements, to help the absorption of the moisturiser, depuff and encourage circulation.

Step 5
As a finishing touch, gently pat a small amount of illuminating eye cream beneath the eye and up to the brow bone to help brighten and refresh.

women.timesonline.co.uk

Not entirely new information but I thought some people might find it helpful.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, flawless, make, skin, smooth