How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2 - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-04-2010
scenester

^ yeah, smoking is visibly very horrible for your skin, i would know... your skin gets dehydrated, and you get fine lines - I'm only 18, and this is happening to me...so anyone who's trying to combat wrinkles, you're not going to unless you put down the cigarette!

11-04-2010
backstage pass

As for sugar, I believe in moderation. That way I'm not depriving myself and won't be tempted by things as easily.

I'm 22 and I'm already in shape, so I don't have to worry too much.

If I'm on a diet and craving something sweet, I eat lots of fruit. Delicious and good for you.

11-04-2010
V.I.P.

Also, once you stop smoking you will see the change in your skin almost immediately. I've never smoked myself but I have seen the change in others and looking (and feeling) more healthy has been one of the main reasons for them to not start again.

Including the "right kind" of fat in your diet is also a great way to improve your skin. I started eating eggs, nuts, salmon and avocado on a regular basis lately and my skin has improved so much. I always used to be rather "fat-phobic" so this was a big step for me but one worth taking for sure. Another food that's great for your skin is buttermilk.

12-04-2010
backstage pass

[QUOTE=The_Ida;7012905...it's SUPER important to cleanse in the evening, never in the morning (unless you forgot...)[/QUOTE]

quick question...why shouldn't you cleanse in the morning?
cause i do... just want to know if it is bad for my skin!

12-04-2010
V.I.P.

I always wash my skin in the morning and at night. It's feels instantly better after I do but I have oily-combination skin.

12-04-2010
backstage pass

I break out instantly if I don't wash or otherwise cleanse my face twice a day. And it has to be a good cleanser that doesn't dry skin out and get the job done (cleans). Like I tried some very gentle foaming gel - it's not nondrying and all, very comfortable, but doesn't take off sunscreen and leaves skin covered in some film.

12-04-2010
rising star

I have sometimes oily, breakout prone skin and I never cleanse in the morning. I don't think it's necessary and I don't want to over cleanse my face. Anyways, my face is never oily or dry in the morning since I started cleansing just once a day, it's just dewy looking. All I use in the morning is a gentle toner (sometimes) and a light moisturiser & sunscreen.

12-04-2010
Deep Red Bells

I find, for me, that washing my face both at night and in the am is over cleansing.
If you wash your face right before bed and sleep on a clean pillow I don't see how your skin can get all that dirty again.

12-04-2010
V.I.P.

My skin always look horrible if I wash my face in the morning, it looks much better when I cleanse at night and sleep on it.

12-04-2010
front row

A lot of Omega 3 fatty acids! I eat a lot of salmon and I love using olive oil on mostly everything I eat! I also start off every day with a Green Goddess juice, and end each day with a bowl of taboleh and some strawberries. I always wake up to a healthy supple glow and my eyes always glisten! I do believe that a healthy diet works wonders for your skin. As for my daily routine, I use Shu Uemura cleansing oils and L'or de Vie serum, eye cream, and moisturizer by Dior. 2-3 times a week, I'll use the rose face mask or Sugar polish by Fresh (their products are to die for!) .

12-04-2010
V.I.P.

OK, I have been battling with crappy skin for ages..and finally have everything under control after lots, and lots of research. Here are my top tips..

1. Drink water, eat plenty of veg, fruit and FISH. think we've all heard this one a million times..but it really does have an effect on helping skin look healthier.

2. Use gentle cleansers - also, cleansers and make up removers are NOT the same thing. I made this mistake before. Now I use MAC's Cleanse Off oil as a makeup remover, and then I cleanse with Bioderma's Sensibo H20 which is a very mild cleanser.

3. USE RETINOL. It's a godsend for preventing/helping break outs AND wrinkles. Invest in a good retinol treatment... I personally like green cream.

4. USE AHA. Brightens up skin like no other, alpha-hydroxy acids also prevents aging and helps in fading red marks from acne and other discolourations.

5. Natural oils as moisturizers - for me, nothing beats organic jojoba oil or grapeseed oil in terms of moisturizing my skin. Or, you can just add a few drops of either to your moisturizer to help give it a boost.

6. EXFOLIATE. once every 10 days, I use Kiehl's Micro-dermabrasion scrub..it's very very effective in refining skin and getting rid of dead skin cells.

I also get a glycolic peel once or twice a year at a beauty clinic. + if you have stubborn blackheads, nothing beats an extraction facials.

20-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy View Post
3. USE RETINOL. It's a godsend for preventing/helping break outs AND wrinkles. Invest in a good retinol treatment... I personally like green cream.

4. USE AHA. Brightens up skin like no other, alpha-hydroxy acids also prevents aging and helps in fading red marks from acne and other discolourations.

what products do you use?

20-04-2010
little soul

With regards to how many times you should cleanse a day, most important is that you listen to your own skin because everyone is different, just be aware of how your skin reacts to what you're doing and use appropriate products - there are skincare "rules" only up to a point, so do what works for you not what works for someone else.

20-04-2010
front row

after reading this thread, i'm completely motivated to quit smoking, drinking too much alcohol, and eating refined sugars =D

20-04-2010
backstage pass

I use tea tree oil for any breakouts or pimples.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, flawless, make, skin, smooth