How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2 - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-04-2010
backstage pass

To combination skin TFSers (or to everyone I guess): are there any gentle cleansers that you guys particularly like?

I'm currently using a travel-sized version of Dermalogica's ultra calming cleanser, which honestly doesn't seem any different than Cetaphil (albeit much more expensive!).

20-04-2010
V.I.P.

I think it's best to just have a look at what's in it. If you don't know what it's suppossed to be or know that your skin won't like it, don't use it. I personally love the cleansing milk by Dr. Hauschka

drhauschka.de

The Purifying Facial Wash by Amie is also good

amieskincare.com

Last edited by diesanni; 20-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.

21-04-2010
backstage pass

I really love Sisley's Lyslait and Buff and Wash gel. After trying those two any other cleanser feels like sand and glue to my skin.

Both clean off everything from chemical sunscreens to excess oil and all the nasty stuff.
I use Lyslait at night to melt off everything that might have gotten stuck to my face during the day. It's rather rich milk, but I rinse it off and it doesn't leave skin greasy at all. Best thing, it makes skin glow. Like after a facial. For really glowy skin I put it on while in bath and then massage it on for a couple minutes - unparalleled radiance! But it comes with a $100 price tag for 250 ml. Sisley also has a cleansing milk with Sage, that one is more gel like, cleans just as well, but doesn't make skin glow and since that one is formulated for combination-oily skin, whereas Lyslait is for combination-dry and sensitive skin, I like Lyslait more.

sisley-cosmetics.com

http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com/?pag...id_produit=169

Buff and Wash is my wake up cleaner in the morning, it's protein based non-foaming gel with plastic beads for daily exfoliation. Smells a bit like lavender because of all the plant extracts and has loads of silk and other protein in it so it moisturizes skin instead of drying out, so skin stays comfortable even when washed with very hard water. Also makes skin radiant and glowing.

sisley-cosmetics.com

http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com/?pag...5&id_produit=5

21-04-2010
V.I.P.

I'm thinking of getting the dermalogica facemapping done just so that I can know my skin type I have quite normal skin I guess, not too dry and not oily. The one thing I have a problem with are these kind of bumps on my forehead (and of course the occasional pimple here and there). What would you guys call my skin type? And how would I go around making those bumps disappear? What are they called? Sorry for so many questions

21-04-2010
windowshopping

Has anyone here tried Meaningful Beauty?

21-04-2010
backstage pass

I like Caudalie's Gentle Cleanser.

I get it at Sephora for 26 bucks.

Doesn't have any sulfates, synthetic dyes or parabens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookymonster View Post
To combination skin TFSers (or to everyone I guess): are there any gentle cleansers that you guys particularly like?

I'm currently using a travel-sized version of Dermalogica's ultra calming cleanser, which honestly doesn't seem any different than Cetaphil (albeit much more expensive!).

21-04-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sill View Post
I'm thinking of getting the dermalogica facemapping done just so that I can know my skin type I have quite normal skin I guess, not too dry and not oily. The one thing I have a problem with are these kind of bumps on my forehead (and of course the occasional pimple here and there). What would you guys call my skin type? And how would I go around making those bumps disappear? What are they called? Sorry for so many questions
my skin is sooo similar to yours! its not bad in general, the occasional pimple, but my forehead always is congested. i went to see a dermatologist and he said using a retinoid is my best option (before fraxel........no thanks!!!) so maybe try doing that! if you dont know what a retinoid is, it basically causes your skin cells to turn over faster=good skin! but it doesnt work right away...first it brings everything to the surface (right now i have two huge(IMO) zits which is so bad for me!)

21-04-2010
backstage pass

IA with the Amie face wash, it's really good and pretty cheap.
Currently I'm using the Liz Earle cleanser and it's really good! I don't use it everyday though, I alternate it with Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser because my skin can get pretty clogged up. I only use the glycolic cleanser 2 or 3 times a week.

21-04-2010
tfs star

Are those Amie products available anywhere in the States? I heard about it through a blog but I'm assuming no one sells it here.

21-04-2010
backstage pass

I use Blistex Lip Infusions before I go to bed. Keeps my lips soft, hydrated and keeps my lips looking their best. I never have to worry about cracked lips.

21-04-2010
backstage pass

I went online and saw the products are only for sale in U.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeFrancoise View Post
Are those Amie products available anywhere in the States? I heard about it through a blog but I'm assuming no one sells it here.

Last edited by CaitlinC; 21-04-2010 at 11:09 PM.

22-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
I don't think so unfortunately. But if boots.com ships to the US then you try to order it from there.

22-04-2010
tfs star

Typical that an inexpensive product that sounds good isn't available here. Oh well. I think I'll look at the boots site.

22-04-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookymonster View Post

Cleansing oil is the way to go for me. My skin has calmed down (both with the dryness and the oiliness) since I've started using a cleansing oil and a chemical exfoliant. I pretty much have normal skin, but with a tendency to blackheads on the nose.

we were in love

22-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Typical that an inexpensive product that sounds good isn't available here. Oh well. I think I'll look at the boots site.
I have to admit that I get my Amie product via this seller on ebay because they are not available here either. I never had any problems with him but I know that some people are reluctant to order cosmetics on ebay (which I truly understand, I've had some bad surpises myself).

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, flawless, make, skin, smooth